Suncorp Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon whatever team we put out, will be good enough to see the job done, secure 2 points and confirm the mighty Brisbane Broncos as minor premiership winners.

Sadly being on the other side of the planet I can’t get down to the Suncorp to cheer those blokes on…. If you can…. Do it.

Let’s smash those grubby grub grubbly grubbers. Bunch of sooks lol

If Capewells out probably have Riki as captain maybe? Would love to see Oatesy given the honour but can't really captain a side from the wing.

Did Billy Captain last week ?
I remember him talking to the ref about a Captains challenge . Didn`t see Capewell involved ?

The team I think Kevie will/should pick

1. Sailor
2. Oates
3. Arthars
4. Mariner
5. Periera
6. Rogers
7. Madden
8. Flegler
9. Smoothy
10. Jenson
11. Pikura
12. Riki
13. Palasia
14. Mozer
15. Tapau
16. Willison
17. Te Kura

No Hetherington as he has a shoulder injury.

I hope everyone has their $20 for @tommy.

The Souths vs Wynnum game is gonna be pretty dire if we steal half their players.

I’d be pretty dirty if I was either coach, although Karmichael might be fine with it seeing as it’s for Brisbane

I’d be pretty dirty if I was either coach, although Karmichael might be fine with it seeing as it’s for Brisbane
I wouldn't deny a young bloke a chance at winning an NRL minor prem. It is part and parcel of running a feeder team. Might sting, but wouldn't begrudge a kid that.

I wouldn't deny a young bloke a chance at winning an NRL minor prem. It is part and parcel of running a feeder team. Might sting, but wouldn't begrudge a kid that.

Yeah I get that, could just be a bit of unspoken tension if it costs a QCup team a chance at going through.

Those guys (players and coaches) still have their own aspirations. I might be making more of it than what is there, just an unfortunate circumstance I guess

The good thing is they are playing each other. The potentially broncos team seems to have them equally depleted of their regulars.

Yeah I get that, could just be a bit of unspoken tension if it costs a QCup team a chance at going through.

Those guys (players and coaches) still have their own aspirations. I might be making more of it than what is there, just an unfortunate circumstance I guess
@1910 will know more than me but I remember Matt Gillett refusing to debut for the broncos because he didn’t want to miss his colts final or something? I can’t remember if he was forced to play , but he didn’t want to desert his mates he’d worked hard with all year

@1910 will know more than me but I remember Matt Gillett refusing to debut for the broncos because he didn’t want to miss his colts final or something? I can’t remember if he was forced to play , but he didn’t want to desert his mates he’d worked hard with all year

Yeah he started the year with Wests and then got picked up by the Broncos and played seven games. It got to finals time with the Broncos and he said can I go back and play for Wests please?

Won a Grand FInal with Wests. Then 2009 played Cup for Norths.

Yeah he started the year with Wests and then got picked up by the Broncos and played seven games. It got to finals time with the Broncos and he said can I go back and play for Wests please?

Won a Grand FInal with Wests. Then 2009 played Cup for Norths.
DCE and Jack reed were in that colts team too weren’t they? Gun side.

What a weird week of gamesmanship. Are we going to effectively throw this game in the hope the Panthers roll the Cowboys, then the Storm, thus we won't have to face our nemesis again?

Or are we hoping to beat the Storm two weeks running?

Meanwhile the Storm will be without Hughes, and are reportedly (Brent Read) resting Munster, Grant and Meaney.

What a weird week of gamesmanship. Are we going to effectively throw this game in the hope the Panthers roll the Cowboys, then the Storm, thus we won't have to face our nemesis again?

Meanwhile the Storm will be without Hughes, and are reportedly (Brent Read) resting Munster, Grant and Meaney.
I honestly think our B squad beats the storms B squad 9 out of 10 games anyway.

Are we going to effectively throw this game in the hope the Panthers roll the Cowboys, then the Storm, thus we won't have to face our nemesis again?

I doubt it has anything to do with considering who we may or may not match up against in the finals, and everything to do with resting players and getting to the finals unscathed.

It's hardly throwing the match on Thursday either. Storm are going to be doing the same thing and we have a lot of first grade experience in our reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • ettybay
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.