Round 3 - Broncos v Roosters - Post Match Discussion

I did thank you, just didn't see him come on, kept watching the bench waiting, must have missed it in all the hype but glad he did
He was hard to miss though, he tackled almost everything that moved with a chooks jersey in their first set right after he came on...

Really Impressed with the loss, some great performances from the boys, Hunt looks a lot better when he runs the ball, still believe he's more of a Five-Eighth than a Halfback. Barba was slightly non existent for a lot of the game as well.

3. Gillett
2. Hunt
1. Parker

Didn't watch the game but to match them missing our 2 best props is a bloody fair effort. Great to hear Hunt had a good game.

There needs to be an investigation into the tunnel ball..Roosters are the main offenders, either change the rule or fucking penalise them.

Shayne Hayne is a wanker.

Best team on the night didn't win

I hope NSW pick tthe halfs outplayed by Hunt and Hoffman

There needs to be an investigation into the tunnel ball..Roosters are the main offenders, either change the rule or fucking penalise them.

Great post. Summed up my own thoughts pretty well

I was very impressed with our performance actually..... very impressed with our initial onslaught.

Hunt really lifted and had a quality game, Parker was inspirational, Thaiday was back to his best running wider and harder like seasons gone.

Barba still seems to be working out where he best fits in attack. He seems to be trailing along looking for offloads from the forwards and is always backing up the play. It's only a matter of time before he works out what's going on.

Interesting to hear Sterlo say that he likes the dynamic between our halves ..... with the unpredictability of Hoffman and Hunt being a good thing :hmmmm2:

That game reminds me of the one at Suncorp in 2006 when we lost to the Storm, but everyone seemed to admit that not only were we the better team, but we really could be considered as a premiership force after that performance.

IMO, that game showed that if have all of our front-rowers plus Hodges, and we turn up in defence and attack every week (I know, long shot), there's no reason why top-four is out of the question.

The problem with us is that we are mentally weaker than the better teams, especially Melbourne and Manly. In some ways, we actually lose the game before we get on the field.

I think that a quality sports psychologist might be worth investing in. Although our mentality seems to be a lot stronger than last year, I think a bit more determination against the Roosters in the last 10 minutes would have won us the game.

That game reminds me of the one at Suncorp in 2006 when we lost to the Storm, but everyone seemed to admit that not only were we the better team, but we really could be considered as a premiership force after that performance.

IMO, that game showed that if have all of our front-rowers plus Hodges, and we turn up in defence and attack every week (I know, long shot), there's no reason why top-four is out of the question.

The problem with us is that we are mentally weaker than the better teams, especially Melbourne and Manly. In some ways, we actually lose the game before we get on the field.

I think that a quality sports psychologist might be worth investing in. Although our mentality seems to be a lot stronger than last year, I think a bit more determination against the Roosters in the last 10 minutes would have won us the game.

I definitely agree. It was almost like they knew they'd put in a competitive performance and had silenced the doubters, so just switched off. Next week is a massive danger game - on current form we should win, but they may be complacent, think that because they pushed the Premiers that a win next week is already in the bag. And just not turn up like they've done against the Eels the last few years. A sports psychologist might just be the last piece of the puzzle.

It would have probably been a different story if we had a 5/8 for 80 mins and not 5. What ... 3 passes in the match and 2 led to tries?

At least Hoffman looks like he just might have it in him. I hope it happens before the end of the season.

It maybe wishful thinking, but shouldn't Copley have drawn and passed on the very last play?

As a "work in progress", the team did very very well. Most impressed.

Anyone who thinks the better team lost is off the planet. The better team won, which is why they are the better team, but then, they are the better team 'cos they have had 2-3 seasons to sort out their plays, especially their halves, and picking out and exploiting a threadbare defence out wide.

For a "work in progress" I thought the Broncos were terrific.

Can't wait for Barba to figure out where to be, but then, equally, I can't wait for Hook to figure out how to create a structure which allows Barba to play his natural game.

Hunt was immense comparing his game to the last 50. More reason for optimism.

And at last, Parker has started to offload and with some support. More reason for optimism.

Broncos are just not there. A class side would not allow a lead to slip like that in the dying minutes. Call me negative all you like. There were some positives to take away from the game for sure, but I'm still doubtful we will make the 8.

I definitely agree. It was almost like they knew they'd put in a competitive performance and had silenced the doubters, so just switched off. Next week is a massive danger game - on current form we should win, but they may be complacent, think that because they pushed the Premiers that a win next week is already in the bag. And just not turn up like they've done against the Eels the last few years. A sports psychologist might just be the last piece of the puzzle.

Umm have you seen the dragons this year? Two wins and have scored plenty of points.

Broncos are just not there. A class side would not allow a lead to slip like that in the dying minutes. Call me negative all you like. There were some positives to take away from the game for sure, but I'm still doubtful we will make the 8.

We are not a class side yet. For a start, we need a 5/8 for 80 minutes, not 5.

The defence out wide was awful and the Roosters knew it, saw it and exploited it.

The positives IMO far outweigh the negatives and assuming the team continues to learn from their mistakes, I see a top 8 side no problems.

We matched the Roosters in every department except the halves, and given our immaturity in that department, I thought we did a great job against a very very good side, especially containing them up the middle where they excel.

Ok, Hunt scored 2 tries but his organisational skill were nothing but amateur. He struggles to organise play. His kicking game is reliant on luck. He is not first grade quality. A half back is not supposed to score two tries. Their job is to direct play and set up the team. He is a massive fail as far as an organiser is concerned.
Get a life and a new agenda

The bold in particular. Not sure if they're the main offenders but fmd they did it a lot last night. JWH in particular.

I was very impressed with our performance actually..... very impressed with our initial onslaught.

Hunt really lifted and had a quality game, Parker was inspirational, Thaiday was back to his best running wider and harder like seasons gone.

Barba still seems to be working out where he best fits in attack. He seems to be trailing along looking for offloads from the forwards and is always backing up the play. It's only a matter of time before he works out what's going on.

Interesting to hear Sterlo say that he likes the dynamic between our halves ..... with the unpredictability of Hoffman and Hunt being a good thing :hmmmm2:

I generally like his commentary but last night you could hear him smiling when the Broncos were on the back foot.

If Ben Hunt wasn't playing tonight we would have lost by a lot more. He needs a pat on the back: his kicking game was better; he scored two tries; he set up two or something and his defense was superb (I think he lifted Boyd Cordner) he worked well in defence with Gillett as well! Hoffman had a slightly better game.....

I was listening via refs ears last night. They continually told the Roosters and Martin Kennedy to play the ball with their foot so they are probably coached to push this boundary

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • The Don
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.