Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Brandy Yvonne and Cronk have savaged Boyd's input calling him a liability. I thought he had a better performance
Yeah I thought it was one of his better games. Still not amazing though.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Brandy Yvonne and Cronk have savaged Boyd's input calling him a liability. I thought he had a better performance
Well at least someone will as his dad won't

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Are people serious about Milf being the reason behind our loss tonight? He played really well tonight doing what he should be doing week in week out: being a threat with ball in hand. Boyd was a lot better as well.

I’ll admit that I was wrong about Niko being the solution. The bloke CAN’T be our halfback. His defence is shocking, and his kicking game and organisation is worse than Milford’s... he is basically a poor man’s Milford when you consider his strengths and weaknesses.

Bennett went all in on Taylor but was afraid to match them at the crunch, you can’t do that when he was the plan for our future. To not at least go after a stop gap was dumb, real dumb.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
"We have the best 17 in the club on the field" - WB, 2018.

That's deceptive. Kodi might be more talented than the next guy, but not in the way we need. Similarly, Thaiday or Sims or whatever has the experience, and thus better than a rookie forward right this second.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
That's deceptive. Kodi might be more talented than the next guy, but not in the way we need. Similarly, Thaiday or Sims or whatever has the experience, and thus better than a rookie forward right this second.

Well, i take it as Bennetts finally admitted its not working.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Wayne looking defeated to me in the press conference. All he has to say is “we were better then last week” and the players we have on the field are “the best players we’ve got”. Doesn’t seem confident in our future at all.

He typically has the poker face, winning or losing, but with 15 to go, he looked depressed.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I have a sore throat from yelling at the tv so I’m double frustrated.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I thought the Knights were pretty good tonight. Their line speed was great and put pressure on us for the whole 80 mins. Agree with Wayne about Pearce. He constantly asked questions and kept them going nicely. Hats off to them and thoroughly deserved the win.

As for us, we are just going to have to go along for the ride for a while. I think we'll come good at some stage through the year but when that happens, who fucking knows. I thought there were some good individual performances tonight (Lodge, Milf, Macca) but just not as a team for long enough periods. We tried hard to build pressure through repeat sets but just didn't throw enough at the defence. Please keep running Milf.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I was at the game, left extremely dissapointed and very frustrated.
Boyd ain’t talking like a captain..and didn’t even attempt to catch that bomb.. please that isn’t how you lead.
Coming off the field none of the boys talking to each other
Haas sitting on the bench, surely he is very close now..

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I swear we are the worst team at converting line breaks into tries. Either there's no support or we end up derping the following play because no one knows what to do if we don't score off the initial break.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
My initial thoughts
1 Boyd I think he looks to be back at full fitness (he'll never get back to what he was) did well to put Oates away but bombed a try by waiting too long to give it to Bird in a 3 on 1
2. Oates very solid game as expected
3. Jimmy looked more involved tonight which is good to see as I think his start to the year has been very lacklustre
4. Jack looked more involved. Good in defence and solid hit ups, but just difficult to get him quality ball with the attack at the moment
5 Isaako was good under the high ball and only solid at best. Hands are looking suspect in general play though
6 Milf his best game of the year by far. Those claiming him to have a poor showing are kidding themselves he's basically the only half out there with Niko parking himself on the right all game. Made several clean line breaks (although his passing was fucked tonight) and is showing at least some intent. We all know his game is in development at this stage but I'm seeing improvement be it slowly.
7 Niko horrible game from him in my mind. He provided absolutely nothing and didn't even look like he wanted to be involved. He needs to get himself into the middle of the field and do something. Is just parking himself on the right even though the team is really struggling. This team cannot be playing with a passenger at the moment let alone a passenger 7
8 Lodge went well again and is one of the only ones providing a solid consistent performance each week. Can't believe the total hypocrisy from the fuckwit Newcastle crowd, were they booing because he didn't sign the $500k contract they threw at him last year.
9 Macca done well again was a little annoyed by his kick on the fourth after a quick play the ball. He had support running over the top of him looking to take advantage but decided to play his plan A and kick it only for ponga to gather safely and return it
19 TPJ looked pretty quiet. Getting annoyed with his constant attempts at milking penalties in the play the ball only to hurt us badly.
17 Sua was pretty poor for me. Was nowhere to be seen on saifiti try and dropped the ball cold early on. He did make some pretty solid runs though. Won't be taking Glenn's spot any time soon
12 Gillett very quiet again although started to pick up right at the end
13 McGuire typical McGuire performance... can recall him getting in the way at one point which really pissed me off
14 Sammy was invisible for me. His stint seemed largely pointless and can only recall one or two good runs
15 Offa thought he played pretty well. I think offa is more a middle of the ground prop at this stage (still only young at 22/23) and acts as a good foil for whoever he is out there with, which is probably why he and TPJ played so well together last year. He needs a better supporting cast than Sims and Sammy though.
10 Sims largely invisible again. If he actually just upped his work rate he could be one of the best props in the game. He can do a strong carry but they are few and far between. Just so frustrating to see a great carry followed by literally nothing

Active Now

• theshed
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.