Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
I may be repetitive in my thoughts but here they are anyways. I have no dramas if we put up a developing side that works hard and falls a bit short. Sometimes clubs in any sport just need to take time to develop and in doing so lose some games. The challenge to this is a having an coach who happily will go down with the ship to save face and keep to asinine statements that paint himself in a corner.

What we have now and in reality for the last couple of years does not equate to a title seeking club. How many players do we have in the 17 that anyone can say plays their position as chosen by the coach great week in and week out? That is a halfway rhetorical question btw.

The spine just does not work period. Boyd is slow and injured and a substandard captain. No one who know the game can dispute this. Milford did better tonight but he is still not a player to lead the team around the field. Frankly he is a fullback and you can argue with me but I think you are wrong. Nikorima is just NOT the man. Get the best 7 in the lower grade and give them a go. Now way they can do any worse.

Sam, thanks for your service....it's time to go. Sims, you seem likeable but see ya. Bird, we have seen you have talent but you lose respect by showing up out of shape. I have trained people for over 20 years and I damn well know that fitness and consistency go hand and hand. That said I would put him at 6 for now.

Gillette has been very substandard and while everyone gives McGuire big raps, I think he has been less that damaging and still gives up too many penalties. The other players, put you head down and just work hard.

Wayne, I think it's time to earn your position for today and not yesterday. Adapt or die. Quiet the ego that is without borders.

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
Bennett is starting to remind me a lot of Arsene Wenger a few years ago stubborn and refusing to make changes no matter how mediocre some of the team are playing.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Another thing I'd like to add, whoever is coaching us to not offload is a moron, offloads were the absolute staple of our attack in 2015. Parker & Blair offloading to a looming Milford, Hunt or Nikorima were so many of our tries.

Pangai Jr - 0 offloads
McGuire - 0 offloads

Absolutely unacceptable for your most skilful big man and your lock to combine for 0 offloads in a game.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Just wtf has happened to Gillett anyway? Back half of last season and so far this season he has been so shit.

Hes been stuck trying to patch Kodis ass on the field. Hes making 42 tackles per game and still making good contact meters. Hes just occupied with other shit on the field.

Fix Kodi and you fix Gillett.
Fix Gillett and you fix Mcguire.
Fix Mcguire and there's no need for Thaiday.
No need for Thaiday means more serious behaviour in the team.
See how this circle continues to evolve.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Another thing I'd like to add, whoever is coaching us to not offload is a moron, offloads were the absolute staple of our attack in 2015. Parker & Blair offloading to a looming Milford, Hunt or Nikorima were so many of our tries.

Pangai Jr - 0 offloads
McGuire - 0 offloads

Absolutely unacceptable for your most skilful big man and your lock to combine for 0 offloads in a game.

Fox commentators said towards that end that the we made something like 4 offloads for the match. Poor.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
1. Boyd - He is a busted ass with a bad attitude. Played marginally better tonight than last week but still, he isn't a captain's asshole.
2. Oates - Played his guts out, nothing really to fault him for. If we lose him to the scum, we're really in the doldrums.
3. Roberts - More involvement which is good but why oh why did he pass that ball?
4. Bird - I said in the game thread he's the worst big signing of the year and I stand by it. Not what we needed in the first place and playing shit on top of that.
5. Isaako - Good for a defusal and a goal kick but doesn't really offer much as a winger in the strictest sense. Still a shit tonne better than Pearson.
6. Milford - Best game all year but that still isn't really saying all that much. Same issue as Roberts, just go yourself FFS.
7. Nikorima - He's out of time in my opinion. It's bench utility or nothing at all, and even the utility spot is up in the air imo
8. Lodge - Hits with plenty of starch and plays his guts out despite the crowd giving him the kitchen sink.
9. MCC- Our best, most consistent player all year bar none. The rest of the team is frankly letting him down.
10. TPJ - Back 1 week too early I think. Not bad overall but not the quality we saw against the Cows.
11. Su'a - Neither good nor bad. Put that down to still being green but really needs to tidy up the errors
12. Gillett - Is not living up to his representative level profile and it's not a good look.
13. McGuire - I love his mongrel but the dumb penalties and killing quality overlaps are really starting to get on my goat

14. Thaiday - Take your fat ass into retirement and save us all an aneurysm.
15. Oppa - Pretty quiet and gotta wonder if Taga is getting hard done by
16. Sims - Better than last week but still a journeyman level player at best. Would not be upset to see him off at years end
17. Joe O - Another one I wouldn't be upset to see go. Just so run of the mill.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Thaiday has to go for mine. Out of any, his attitude is not professional level and it is like cancer. I just think about a guy like Ray Lewis, that is what Thaiday should be bringing. If anyone doesn't know what Ray brought to his team at 36 look it up.

R

Reyter

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
Nikorima, Thaiday and Boyd coping the brunt of the criticism around here. I agree they were poor but I think McGuire, Gillett, and Sims were equally as bad.
They all need to lift though Nikorima and Sims are destined to be journeymen or QLD Cup players. The others are supposed to be "stars".

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
On the plus side, we got a lot more repeat sets tonight.

Isn't that what everyone wanted from the halves? Repeat sets instead of going for tries?

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015

Pangai Jr - 0 offloads
McGuire - 0 offloads

Agreed.
There is a lot of standing around going on.
When they are looking to offload there is no one around.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016

Isn't that what everyone wanted from the halves? Repeat sets instead of going for tries?

Where does this repeat set thing keep coming from?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
A couple of times during the game when we were spreading the ball, Niko was cut out and it was passed over him instead.

Those moments were usually after Niko fucked up.

Something tells me it was done on purpose.

R

Reyter

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018

It's good to get repeat sets but not much use if the halves have the backs looking like a rabble and forwards can't barge over.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
It's good to get repeat sets but not much use if the halves have the backs looking like a rabble and forwards can't barge over.

He was being sarcastic mate. On the forum last season the halves copped a lot of criticism for not earning repeat sets.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.