Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Also, don't forget it was Tinkler lashing out to overpay players.

S

scgg

NYC Player
Apr 1, 2013
Yet, over the last 9 years, the most successful period was when WB was in charge! Facts don't matter when you have an agenda. The Knights were in a mess BEFORE WB turned up and he lifted them. The problem has always been the druggie, party boy superstars attitude. Go back, wiki the Knights last 9 years. The last three have been wooden spoon years, you just can't keep blaming your parents for your adult criminal record.

What agenda would that be huge?
Yep he lfited them for a very small period.
You are correct, the last 3 were wooden sooon years. Are you saying that bennett had nothing to do with that? He left that roster behind and so called system and process behind.
Lets remember bennet had a less than 50%win rate at the knights

Can you elaborate more on the druggie, partyboy superstar attitude?
As for blaming the parents for their childrens behaviour. Brown had to remove those problem children and start fresh.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Tough game to lose. We looked better but still looked shit. So much to do at training they'll need two weeks before next game.
Thought Milford played ok baring those couple of passes. He was getting thru the line which is a good sign, a bit of confidence. Don't know what's happening with gilette, not making much impact as he usually does.
Overall better but still a long ways to go.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Last first. WB was the one who had to remove the party attitude and players.
Newcastle's druggie, party lifestyle and attitude was a well known state of affairs prior to WBs arrival.
He improved Newcastle's win rate, it's all you can ask as a basic requirement.
Yes, a wooden spoon after he left POSSIBLY could be attributed to WB but not the second and third spoons. That's absurd.
WBs time at Newcastle was heavily influenced by Tinklers backroom shenanians and his controlling nature with regard to team selections and hires.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
**** me. The chickenlittles on here near to seriously calm their fucking tits.

Would much rather we played like last night and lose, than play like we did against the tigers and win.

We will win a lot more over the long run.

Agree with the view that we are improving - and nowhere near mad panic stations.

Ponga - on 600k a year, Boyd - on 750k a year.

That's all the bronco power brokers hitting behind the scense need to take away from this game and digest - whether they like it or not.

Note - dead wood premium versus talent identification playing in their most suited positions for the team.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I think the cowboys would be more depressed watching last night's game, knowing they decided to give JT an extra year instead of retaining Ponga for the future. Abit like us last week with Taylor

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Wayne totally destroyed the Knights whilst he was there. He moved on because he could see how bad they were going to be for a few years.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Totally, everything except the evidence supports your point of view !!!!

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
**** me. The chickenlittles on here near to seriously calm their fucking tits.

Would much rather we played like last night and lose, than play like we did against the tigers and win.

We will win a lot more over the long run.

Agree with the view that we are improving - and nowhere near mad panic stations.

Ponga - on 600k a year, Boyd - on 750k a year.

That's all the bronco power brokers hitting behind the scense need to take away from this game and digest - whether they like it or not.

Note - dead wood premium versus talent identification playing in their most suited positions for the team.
Yes, losing to the two worst teams in the competition is nothing to worry about ! The two teams who fight out last every year, no issues or worries there ! 2 from 5, still not anything for concern. Barely able to score points, no problem ! Averaging less than 14 points a game, totally okay.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Encouraging signs from Milf aside from his schoolboy errors he carved them a few times a la ‘15

Knik’s time at #7 is finished, anyone saying otherwise is his girlfriend, side bitch or family relative.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Yes, losing to the two worst teams in the competition is nothing to worry about ! The two teams who fight out last every year, no issues or worries there ! 2 from 5, still not anything for concern. Barely able to score points, no problem ! Averaging less than 14 points a game, totally okay.

Mate it's only round 5, it's not about winning yet. I'm sure we'll come good for during and post origin period. We'll just win 10 games straight and make the finals. It's all good the effort is there and we are just ironing out a few kinks that other teams had the luxury of a pre season to do.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Are you delirious??? Wayne left the knights in an absolute dog shit mess, along with his mate mr tinkler.
Wayne had nothing to do with the young blokes coming through. He virtually screwed the first grade roster - remember those great signings of craig gower and willie mason. Not to mention the other hacks he bought in.

To suggest wayne improved their develooment system is way off the mark.
Browny had to re develop a whole new roster due to the fact that bennet had his fucked the roster so badly.
Fancy agreeing to pay aku uate 600k a year to sit on the wing.
In regards to the dragons, he near ruined that joint as well. Its taken them a long time to recover and like the knights re build again from the base. Yep he won a title there but thats it.

Didn't he win a premiership with the dragons after they made the wooden spoon with brown? You can take two things from that. A coach should never be judged on half a season, let alone 5 games, and developing a premiership winning team can sometimes take a season or two. By your argument WB either got the chocolates after Brown developed the dragons, or he ended up with brown's mess. One or the other is true.
I think the dragons were a good team waiting for a good coach, and i think a player becoming a paraplegic, whilst the club can't pay its players might disrupt the team mentality, but I may be wrong.
Brown was a young coach at the dragons, and young coaches develop and learn. I don't think he was a bad coach there, simply an inexperienced one. The same goes for Griffen at the Broncos. They make mistakes and at the broncos, if you don't hit your targets you go. WB will have one, griffen had one, as did brown. They make mistakes, they're human. It comes down to what the board are expecting from them.
Maybe brown was expected to get that st gearge team to the top 8 but didn't. Maybe he now been given the job to develop a team at the knights (he been there a little while now). He seems to be doing well. As for Willie Mason, I wouldn't have bought him but he was pretty cheap (as was lodge). Bennet thought he might become something better. Uate might have been expected to do more but never got there. These things happen. We have oates on about that and he's scored 8 tries from the last 8 games. I wouldn't have spent that kind of money on Milford, but I would be in the minority. Almost everyone here believes he is worth it, and some day I really hope he proves it. Point is, you take chances. Sometimes they win, sometimes you lose.
Look for a coach that is perfect and you will be looking hard. Bellamy's not looking so crash hot now, but I think he's safe at the storm. The board sees a season longer than 5 games.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Mate it's only round 5, it's not about winning yet. I'm sure we'll come good for during and post origin period. We'll just win 10 games straight and make the finals. It's all good the effort is there and we are just ironing out a few kinks that other teams had the luxury of a pre season to do.

The way I see it....as a Broncos fan, I currently have 1 of 2 options.

1. Take the optimistic attitude that we will turn things around.

or

2. Throw all the toys out of the cot and carry on like a spoilt brat.

I believe with the class of player we have spread across the park, we are too damn good not to turn it around. Just gotta hang in there......and keep competing.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He still keeps taking a 5-10m hit up on the fourth way too often. I'm guessing this might be a Wayne thing though, boring one out play happens way too often.

A lot of people give Gallen shit for doing this too but I’m not sure if people realise or not that it is definitely part of a game plan and something they train for. Unless there is a very obvious opportunity to score on the forth, you get the ball your forward with the quickest play the ball and have them target the centre defence.

In theory, the quick play the ball gives your kickers more time because the defence has to set before rushing up, and it gives the hooker the option of passing to either of the kickers on each side of he field. If you spread the ball on the forth, now your winger or centre are playing the ball and you only have the option of passing it back in field which effects your kick selection, and is predictable to the defence. Not to mention it takes at least one of your best attacking threat (outside backs) out of the kick chase.

He has one or two dumb penalties in him per game but Moose is one of our best players consistently.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
The way I see it....as a Broncos fan, I currently have 1 of 2 options.

1. Take the optimistic attitude that we will turn things around.

or

2. Throw all the toys out of the cot and carry on like a spoilt brat.

I believe with the class of player we have spread across the park, we are too damn good not to turn it around. Just gotta hang in there......and keep competing.
Exactly my thoughts. Go along for the ride and see what happens

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.