Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He was being sarcastic mate. On the forum last season the halves copped a lot of criticism for not earning repeat sets.

And in 2015 and 2016.

There was A LOT of debate over it. Heated debate.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Knowing how to balance earning repeat sets and going for big final plays is the key.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
On the plus side, we got a lot more repeat sets tonight.

Isn't that what everyone wanted from the halves? Repeat sets instead of going for tries?
Stop making shit up. Who ever said that?

The goal is always to go for a try, but when it's not on, the ability to execute a play that will at least give you a repeat set and keep the pressure on, instead of overplaying your hand with a hail mary that will most likely give the possession back to the opposition (often with a 7 tackle set), is a pretty good skill to have.
It's a classic risk vs benefit exercise every good half should be able to do.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Browny should be thanking Bennett at the moment.

Those Knights juniors he currently has in his squad that are killing it, would have been nothing if Bennett wasn't there. They are currently keeping him in a job.

Who are you talking about specifically? If the Knights juniors were so good they wouldn't have needed a complete roster overhaul over the off-season.. The only Knights juniors who are playing well for them right now are Lachlan Fitgibbon & Sione Matu'utia, and even Sione is pretty bog average.

Fitgibbon is very good, but I don't see how he's keeping Brown in a job, nor do I see how Wayne Bennett made Fitgibbon the player he is today.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Stop making shit up. Who ever said that?

The goal is always to go for a try, but when it's not on, the ability to execute a play that will at least give you a repeat set and keep the pressure on, instead of overplaying your hand with a hail mary that will most likely give the possession back to the opposition (often with a 7 tackle set), is a pretty good skill to have.
It's a classic risk vs benefit exercise every good half should be able to do.

giphy.gif

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Who are you talking about specifically? If the Knights juniors were so good they wouldn't have needed a complete roster overhaul over the off-season.. The only Knights juniors who are playing well for them right now are Lachlan Fitgibbon & Sione Matu'utia, and even Sione is pretty bog average.

Fitgibbon is very good, but I don't see how he's keeping Brown in a job, nor do I see how Wayne Bennett made Fitgibbon the player he is today.

I probably jumped the gun a bit there when I said it's currently keeping him in a job.

But Brown is benefiting from the systems Wayne put in place when he was at the club. Their development system was a joke until Wayne came along.

Those juniors benefited from those systems, and because Brown has some good juniors to use, he had more money to work with and was able to sign the players he wanted. All Brown had to do was make a few changes in the roster.

Without all of that, I doubt Brown still has a job.

Like I said, Brown should be thanking Bennett. He made his job easier.

You could probably say the same about McGregor, as well. Their development systems improved when Bennett was at these clubs.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I probably jumped the gun a bit there when I said it's currently keeping him in a job.

But Brown is benefiting from the systems Wayne put in place when he was at the club. Their development system was a joke until Wayne came along.

Those juniors benefited from those systems, and because Brown has some good juniors to use, he had more money to work with and was able to sign the players he wanted. All Brown had to do was make a few changes in the roster.

You could probably say the same about McGregor, as well. Their development systems improved when Bennett was at these clubs.

I agree with all of this except the bolded part, he had to make extensive changes to key positions, in fact nearly their entire roster was brought in from outside by Nathan Brown, fully healthy this current Knights roster would have 2 Knights juniors on it, Matu'utia & Fitzgibbon, these are the notable players he's brought in over his 2 year tenure.

Spine - Ponga, Watson, Pearce, Griffin, Kostjaysn
Backs - Moga, Kenny-Dowall, Sio, Elliot, Ramien
Front Row - Ese'ese, Lillyman, Heighington
Back Row - Guerra, Buhrer, Barnett

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
“Tonight wasn’t about winning for us, it was about getting better than last week” - Thaiday
That is an insult to the fans, those that turned up, and left extremely frustrated and disappointed (again..)
Not about winning? This isn't under 6's..
This confirms there are deeper issues.
Last week they were atrocious, it would be hard to be worse in all honesty.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I doubt kodi makes run on for any other club on current form but somehow he's halfback for the Brisbane broncos.

Lockyer daughters up

Lockyer daughters up

BRL Player
Mar 17, 2018
We are in trouble if Wayne plays the same 17 against the Warriors next week. Lacking direction, cohesion and worrying signs how easily teams march up the field and get into an attacking position.

kat00

kat00

NYC Player
Apr 25, 2014
He still keeps taking a 5-10m hit up on the fourth way too often. I'm guessing this might be a Wayne thing though, boring one out play happens way too often.

McGuire has been doing this for years.................Dumb penalties, only ever made on line break in his career, that was in SofO last year, usually hits the line and stops......, Sure, kniko is our biggest liability but this bloke is not far behind him.

S

scgg

NYC Player
Apr 1, 2013

Are you delirious??? Wayne left the knights in an absolute dog shit mess, along with his mate mr tinkler.
Wayne had nothing to do with the young blokes coming through. He virtually screwed the first grade roster - remember those great signings of craig gower and willie mason. Not to mention the other hacks he bought in.

To suggest wayne improved their develooment system is way off the mark.
Browny had to re develop a whole new roster due to the fact that bennet had his fucked the roster so badly.
Fancy agreeing to pay aku uate 600k a year to sit on the wing.
In regards to the dragons, he near ruined that joint as well. Its taken them a long time to recover and like the knights re build again from the base. Yep he won a title there but thats it.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Are you delirious??? Wayne left the knights in an absolute dog shit mess, along with his mate mr tinkler.
Wayne had nothing to do with the young blokes coming through. He virtually screwed the first grade roster - remember those great signings of craig gower and willie mason. Not to mention the other hacks he bought in.

Browny had to re develop a whole new roster due to the fact that bennet had his fucked the roster so badly.
In regards to the dragons, he near ruined that joint as well. Its taken them a long time to recover and like the knights re build again from the base. Yep he won a title there but thats it.

Cry me a river princess!!

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Yet, over the last 9 years, the most successful period was when WB was in charge! Facts don't matter when you have an agenda. The Knights were in a mess BEFORE WB turned up and he lifted them. The problem has always been the druggie, party boy superstars attitude. Go back, wiki the Knights last 9 years. The last three have been wooden spoon years, you just can't keep blaming your parents for your adult criminal record.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Swordfish
  • TimWhatley
  • Cavalo
  • Emanon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • Lostboy
  • mitch222
  • MrMoore
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.