PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevvie throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, where have we seen that before… if we lose to the dogs he doesn’t have many moves left, Mam might be next..

I genuinely wouldn't mind still having Turps on the bench as a lock/middle defender to come on as starch once Hetherington goes off but definitely not as a 9.
I'd still have Turpin at 9, but I don't see much value with him off the bench. If we are going to try and use him as a lock, I'd stick him there after his initial stint at 9.

I'd still have Turpin at 9, but I don't see much value with him off the bench. If we are going to try and use him as a lock, I'd stick him there after his initial stint at 9.

Yeah I don't disagree but the other benefit to me of having him on the bench is that if worse comes to worst, he can also play in the halves. So he is a decent utility on the bench given that he can play 6, 7, 9 and 13, albeit none of them all that well. It also helps Paix being on the bench who really can only cover 9.

🤔 seems we shot off early re Turpin, he did get a run with the top squad at 9. But it's a three way race. Walters not training at 6

Turpin is injured- he's wearing the no contact vest.
Yeah. He has been battling a collar bone soreness and something else so Kev probably just bit the bullet and dropped him with the injury excuse to back him up.

Kevvie throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, where have we seen that before… if we lose to the dogs he doesn’t have many moves left, Mam might be next..

Are you saying he shouldn't be making changes after 4 losses in a row (BTW, at least one of them is a forced change due to injury)

Training notes (CM)

Turpin nursing a collarbone injury.
Gamble 6, Walters 9, Paix 14, TMM 1
Capewell doing no-contact work, but expected to play

Just replacing and shuffling around a bunch of plodders. It might result in a victory but so what. The Dogs are sitting in dead last. Will be lucky to win even one of the next eight following this match.

Yeah I don't disagree but the other benefit to me of having him on the bench is that if worse comes to worst, he can also play in the halves. So he is a decent utility on the bench given that he can play 6, 7, 9 and 13, albeit none of them all that well. It also helps Paix being on the bench who really can only cover 9.
I disagree here. Paix played juniors and qld 20s in the halves. I much prefer to have him over Turpin on the bench. Turpin would be the slowest utility/half if we had him. He either starts or out of the team. Much prefer out of team

Are you sure? I have info he trained full contact... Maybe bad info
Source is the Courier Mail, numerous reporters but probably Peter Badel:

"Hooker Jake Turpin is in doubt with a collarbone injury. He wore a red no-contact bib running with the Renegades"​
Adam Jackson confirmed he was training with the reserves.

Turpin has been struggling with collarbone and pec injuries for some time:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • Old Mate
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.