Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

Copped so much flack on here for saying Milford should come back into this team. He is 10 x better then Dearden or Croft. His combination with gamble was good. It was milfords effort to run across from the left side to the right side which have us the extra number and set up isaako’s 1st try.

I don’t think there was a poor kick all night between the pair of them. Milford didn’t try to overplay his hand with allowed both players to compliment each other

Uhhm, WTF?
Meanwhile, old mate cocked his elbow into the back of Oates’ head and duck-eggs...
Honestly, if Tedesco or Papenhuyzen score that, it's a dead set 8 point try and on report. Slow motion replay, crowd booing and fucking nothing...?
Annesley/NRL: "COME ON PLAYERS, ITS UP TO YOU TO CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOUR AND STOP ATTACKING THE HEAD OR WE WILL STOP IT FOR YOU"

So Riki alone got fined for being in a melee. Must have been fighting himself.

Thats weird. Lets Face it, Patty started it when he dragged Peachy off Gamble. Didnt really see what Riki did.

Did you note when Haas tried to make consecutive tackles on the fringe he had to make a legs tackle on the opposition centre . Got left on the ground . Quick play the ball and the Titans are in . ?????

That`s why he doesn`t play 2nd row ...
Fair enough. If you think one instance is enough proof that's fine by me.

I am about to rewatch the game. What a feeling it is to wake up with a win.

The main thing I am looking at is how TPJ just took it to Dave. How he seemed to b line for him in attack and defense. I think Kev has done a great job harnessing TPJ ego, this year TPJ looks to be given a job each game. It's perfect for a guy like this, you say dominate Dave no matter what and he will go out there and do everything he can to get over him, and to see him do it without the stupidity of old tells me Petro has been immense for TPJ. Dave clapping him at the end and the assassins smile from TPJ in return was beautiful. He knew he iced him.

Uhhm, WTF?
Meanwhile, old mate cocked his elbow into the back of Oates’ head and duck-eggs...
And it wasn't like it was in attempt of the tackle, Oates had well and truly scored the try before he was remotely close to elbow him.

I think our forwards deserve a lot of credit. After that dreadful start, they rolled their sleeves up and got us back into the game. Haas and TPJ will take the plaudits, but i though Kennedy was really good off the bench and made a difference, and Patty is starting to play himself into form again. I though he took some really tough runs and did a lot of dirty work that still goes unappreciated. They all laid a great platform for us to work from. Dont really get some of the criticism of Lodge either. He is another who was taking a lot of tough runs.

reckon that Suncorp is going to turn into our fortess this year. Arguably the only place were we are capable of winning, but who cares. Get your own backyard sorted first, the wins away from home will come eventually...

The DD magic has already rubbed off!

When was the last time Paul White flew somewhere with his coach to chase a marquee player?

......yeh!

Doesnt matter if it wont work, the optics though are fantastic. Brisbane want the league to know they are a serious mover and shaker in the player market.

Watch again the Tits first 2 tries. Both off kicks. Sometimes, a kick is just too good, what can you do? But have a look at the defensive line coming up as one, the winger fading back a bit to cover a corner kick. No-one rushing in, trusting their inside player..

Thats exactly what we havent been doing. Please keep doing this guys. The issue though was i couldnt see Isaako in shot at all. He was too far behind the play. These are the intangibles between the good fullbacks and the best. His work in defence on our goal line is still very much work in progress.

So even though most watching would be lamenting the 0-22 scoreline, for mine that was one of the more memorable parts of the first half. Lets keep doing that on our tryline, and lets keep working on Isaakos positioning behind the line to be able to properly contest those grubber kicks...
He said in the post game that it was a game plan to have an extra defender on Fifita's side. Not sure how much of it was poor positioning by Isaako or a game plan.

I thought he did the bare minimum not to get dropped. He's invisible in support, and meek in defence. If you watch any of the tries, Milford is nowhere to be seen. He can barely keep up with the play once he's moved the ball on or completed his mandatory 5th tackle bomb. A hidden litmus test of effort you don't see on the tryscorer and try assist stats is who's first on the scene to hug the scorer. That's never Milford.

No one should be dropped this week, but he'd be my least valuable retention. I wouldn't be upset if Fat Albert Kelly got a run at some point. He outshone Milford in the ISC.
What? Milford had a try assist and was the pass before Isaako's assist to Farnsworth...

I think our forwards deserve a lot of credit. After that dreadful start, they rolled their sleeves up and got us back into the game. Haas and TPJ will take the plaudits, but i though Kennedy was really good off the bench and made a difference, and Patty is starting to play himself into form again. I though he took some really tough runs and did a lot of dirty work that still goes unappreciated. They all laid a great platform for us to work from. Dont really get some of the criticism of Lodge either. He is another who was taking a lot of tough runs.

Yep, our forwards definitely aren’t the issue. Lodge has been good to great but his price tag is just too high. That’s not his fault though. He is really slow to get up and back into position in D though from what I’ve noticed.

It must be frustrating for them to work so hard for the spine and backs to undo so much of it.

Yep, our forwards definitely aren’t the issue. Lodge has been good to great but his price tag is just too high. That’s not his fault though. He is really slow to get up and back into position in D though from what I’ve noticed.

It must be frustrating for them to work so hard for the spine and backs to undo so much of it.

I still think there is a place for forwards like him who some people call plodders. You just have to make sure you use then in short bursts.

I still think there is a place for forwards like him who some people call plodders. You just have to make sure you use then in short bursts.

No doubt, at his price though?

There was so much to like about that game. I mean they actually scored 36 points, be it against the Titans I know. Also our defence post the first 16 minutes was pretty dam good. This team CAN play football.

The way they came back to win though should set a new bar to never drop there heads when behind on the scoreboard. I mean this team just broke the record for greatest Broncos comeback! They can be proud of that record.

Some further thoughts on last night.

Support play, our biggest weakness in attack has at last come good. I felt so many of our attacking plays, our tries, were off the back of players running in support.

Passing game has come back with a vengeance. We moved the ball wide and for the most part, executed so well. The tries from our wide passing game were beautiful to watch.

Our edge defence has improved markedly. Slides were for the most part excellent - players watching and moving as one.

I felt we slowed down a bit when Turps went off. I reckon Turps is an integral part of our success. I am tempering my criticism of him. We are for mine a better side with him at 9

How fast is Herbie! Just re-watched him follow Oates when he scored. Seriously quick. Wane is a dong.

At last, we are playing as a team, and boy does it show the talent in this side! Let's just not get ahead of ourselves however, and focus on building from this win, consolidating on the good work. Next week will tell a lot.

Agree 100% with Kevvie that the last 7 weeks have been building to this, with Gamble at half the fixed point, organising plays - what we have been missing.

No doubt, at his price though?

Nothing we can really do about his contract so i figure we just have to get the best out of him. Even on a big contract, if we can get 2 really high quality stints out of him a game we can get some value. I think we forget he had massive injury issues last year then he got injured early on in this campaign. He has only played 6 games so far coming off the back of his injury issues, it may take him a few more weeks to play himself into some better form. Unless we can offload him and get the other club to take at least 80% of his contract, i'd be keeping him.

Watched it on 9 with the sound off as I was putting the kids to sleep next to me. Your condemnation of anyone who disagrees with you is disgusting, get over yourself.
Not everyone and condemnation? Little bit hysterical! THAT disgusts you ? I disagree with players being singled out and unfairly criticized. Another thing, I point out how opinions are easily manipulated and influenced, a fact you yourself vehemently made and 100% agree with. Remember when you used that argument about listening to atheist podcasts?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Aldo
  • mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • pennywisealfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • teampjta
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kiwi2
  • Lurker
  • Culhwch
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.