Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

Some further thoughts on last night.

Support play, our biggest weakness in attack has at last come good. I felt so many of our attacking plays, our tries, were off the back of players running in support.

Passing game has come back with a vengeance. We moved the ball wide and for the most part, executed so well. The tries from our wide passing game were beautiful to watch.

Our edge defence has improved markedly. Slides were for the most part excellent - players watching and moving as one.

I felt we slowed down a bit when Turps went off. I reckon Turps is an integral part of our success. I am tempering my criticism of him. We are for mine a better side with him at 9

How fast is Herbie! Just re-watched him follow Oates when he scored. Seriously quick. Wane is a dong.

At last, we are playing as a team, and boy does it show the talent in this side! Let's just not get ahead of ourselves however, and focus on building from this win, consolidating on the good work. Next week will tell a lot.

Agree 100% with Kevvie that the last 7 weeks have been building to this, with Gamble at half the fixed point, organising plays - what we have been missing.
I'm telling ya, the herbster has speeeed

Bit harsh to call him out of position on Thompson's try, it was scored in the corner off a kick after going from one side to the other.
Actually, he blamed Isaako for ALL 22 points ! He said he was DIRECTLY responsible for 22 points. Total bullshit. Any fair minded person, after reviewing it slowly could only conclude he MIGHT have been able to stop one of them.

I went from eating dirt at 22-0 to rock lobster at full time.
$3.90 pays a nice dividend. The old saying, never take the short money about average and bad teams. Titans were way under the odds at $1.25
Yes, I recouped a fair whack on last nights game. Nice. I backed the Broncos straight out plus a decent multi is alive.

I must admit, I do feel vindicated with how Isaako is performing this year. There wasn't too many people who stuck by him over the last 2 years, but you can be damn sure I was one of them.

Just wanted to see how he performed with a full off-season training in a single position with no off-field distractions.. it's paying dividends.

I think there's plenty of room to grow as well, not only defensively, but in attack. He's had so many different halves pairings that there's been no combinations forming. Give him a couple of months working together with Milford & Gamble and I think he'll be even better in attack.
Well, as sickening as it is for both of us we're seeing eye to eye on this one. I too never gave up on Isaako.

I'm telling ya, the herbster has speeeed

Been ma man from the start ... and he's better looking than Patty. What do you say @Wolfie ? Now we have 2 bandwagons.

I went from eating dirt at 22-0 to rock lobster at full time.
$3.90 pays a nice dividend. The old saying, never take the short money about average and bad teams. Titans were way under the odds at .25
Yes, I recouped a fair whack on last nights game. Nice. I backed the Broncos straight out plus a decent multi is alive.
Nice work, although I did forget my sgm of Oates and Coates try scorer.

Haven't been impressed with Riki at all this season, he ran for 34 metres last night.. that's disgraceful for an 80 minute forward.

Hopefully Piakura continues to progress, think we'll need him next season.

Actually, he blamed Isaako for ALL 22 points ! He said he was DIRECTLY responsible for 22 points. Total bullshit. Any fair minded person, after reviewing it slowly could only conclude he MIGHT have been able to stop one of them.
3 of the 4 tries set up by kicks to get through the line wouldn't of happened if Isaako was behind the line though, the Thompson try was probably not savable but he didn't try hard enough to make it he was jogging.

Haven't been impressed with Riki at all this season, he ran for 34 metres last night.. that's disgraceful for an 80 minute forward.

Hopefully Piakura continues to progress, think we'll need him next season.

Isaako - 12 runs for 137 metres
Oates - 12 runs for 199 metres
Farnworth - 13 runs for 118 metres
Arthars - 11 runs for 114 metres
Coates - 11 runs for 171 metres
Lodge - 12 runs for 121 metres
Haas - 16 runs for 176 metres
Riki - 5 runs for 34 metres
Pangai Jr - 19 runs for 168 metres
Carrigan - 14 runs for 142 metres

Spot the odd one out

3 of the 4 tries set up by kicks to get through the line wouldn't of happened if Isaako was behind the line though, the Thompson try was probably not savable but he didn't try hard enough to make it he was jogging.
He has to play where told. The jogging was fine and grubbers are always difficult to defend. That Fogarty kick for the second try was kicked from 5 metres to the right of the uprights and ended up 15 metres to the right. It was always going away from Isaako and the camera angle made it look as though Isaako was a lot closer. It was just a good kick and Isaako had to skirt both the ref and the rh upright to chase after the ball. A ball that was moving away from him. Slow mo tells a different story. I have absolutely no problem with Isaako's positioning last night.

Spot the odd one out
Why no Kennedy stats? Just forget? Not criticizing mind you.

Spot the odd one out
Well to be fair to the bloke he replaced Glenn so is replacing his output admirably

His stats weren’t great which I was very surprised about, he looked really good at the game.

8 runs for 65m and 17 tackles

Spot the odd one out
The kid has played like 10 games of NRL, he may of not wanted to make an error or was out called by the big dogs in the pack who were ripping and tearing. I would give him a break here.

Spot the odd one out
Pcm stats are telling and Kennedy did pretty well there with 31 in only 29 minutes. Compares pretty well with any of the forwards.

His stats weren’t great which I was very surprised about, he looked really good at the game.

8 runs for 65m and 17 tackles
Huh? Shows you how unreliable stats can be. NRL stats has him at 8 runs for 86 metres( anything over 9 metres per hitup is considered very good) plus 31 pcm which is also very good considering he only played 29 minutes. Also the tackle numbers are different with NRL stats having him with 21. He had fine stats.

Because I was listing the stats of starting fowards & outside backs.

Riki was the only one who didn't crack 100m, nor did he even go close.

Active Now

• Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rambstien
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • broncoscope
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.