Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

Huh? Shows you how unreliable stats can be. NRL stats has him at 8 runs for 86 metres( anything over 9 metres per hitup is considered very good) plus 31 pcm which is also very good considering he only played 29 minutes. Also the tackle numbers are different with NRL stats having him with 21. He had fine stats.
Was just going off fox sports. Those stats you’ve given would be more in line on what I would expect but I actually thought he had the ball more than 8 times

if only I had put a sly $100 on sportbet when broncos were down 22-0 to win. I would be typing this from the Maldives 🍸 🏖 ☀️

Because I was listing the stats of starting fowards & outside backs.

Riki was the only one who didn't crack 100m, nor did he even go close.
Only 5 runs as well, was he benched for most of the game?

For a starter to have numbers like that especially when we are attacking well is as if he was hiding from involvement.

Haven't been impressed with Riki at all this season, he ran for 34 metres last night.. that's disgraceful for an 80 minute forward.

Hopefully Piakura continues to progress, think we'll need him next season.
There's a good player in Ricki, it's just that it is hidden by a fair bit of inexperience.
I agree with people saying he needs to go back th ISC. Its not to punish him but to allow him to learn and make mistakes whilst doing so.
Look at gamble. He knows what works and he knows how to fight through adversity.
If you look at our better players, they have all had to battle ups and downs.
Gamble, Tevita, isaako and haas have all come through dramas of one kind or another and walked away better players.
Ricki is way too young to give up on, but just the same I am looking forward to seeing Pakuira..

Not everyone and condemnation? Little bit hysterical! THAT disgusts you ? I disagree with players being singled out and unfairly criticized. Another thing, I point out how opinions are easily manipulated and influenced, a fact you yourself vehemently made and 100% agree with. Remember when you used that argument about listening to atheist podcasts?

So now you'll agree that it happens but only when people disagree with you? You argued with two people, claiming that the commentary was influencing our opinions on the matter, and you were wrong. People based their opinions on what they saw themselves, feel free to argue the reasoning but arguing that their ability to inform an opinion is compromised is an arrogant way to try to win an argument.

There's a good player in Ricki, it's just that it is hidden by a fair bit of inexperience.
I agree with people saying he needs to go back th ISC. Its not to punish him but to allow him to learn and make mistakes whilst doing so.
Look at gamble. He knows what works and he knows how to fight through adversity.
If you look at our better players, they have all had to battle ups and downs.
Gamble, Tevita, isaako and haas have all come through dramas ignore kind or another and walked away better players.
Ricki is way too young to give up on, but just the same I am looking forward to seeing Pakuira..

He dropped one in the process of making a line break and i think i recall him drop another pressure one that had potential. Without those errors, add 2 extra runs and who knows how many extra metres.

The benefit of developing in Q-Cup is you can make those errors and not feel the pressure of 25,000 fans cursing you. Much easier to pull yourself back together and fight on.

Only 5 runs as well, was he benched for most of the game?

For a starter to have numbers like that especially when we are attacking well is as if he was hiding from involvement.

Well, the fact he had 5 runs is to me the issue and not his metres. Maybe we need to look at that stat as well.

I’m sorry, if the titans aren’t carried or if teams under prepare for them (like the back end of last season) they have what? Fifita on 1.2 million. Woweeeeeeeeee

good businesses model mal. The guy who won nothing without cam smith...just saying.
Fiffita is a good player. He is just not 1.25 million good. No one is.
I can understand the reasoning on the decision from a marketing point of view but football wise it is dum.

So now you'll agree that it happens but only when people disagree with you? You argued with two people, claiming that the commentary was influencing our opinions on the matter, and you were wrong. People based their opinions on what they saw themselves, feel free to argue the reasoning but arguing that their ability to inform an opinion is compromised is an arrogant way to try to win an argument.
No one wins an argument and I wasn't trying to either. Commentary DOES influence people, you've said so yourself. Our eyes deceive us on occasion and the blame being heaped on Isaako is entirely unreasonable and heavily influenced by being told what to believe. I have little doubt that had there been no yammering Anasta there'd be a great deal less condemnation. Anyway, I can't be fucked writing about it anymore so if people want to believe Isaako was responsible for all those points, so be it. They're just plain wrong.

Man I’m seriously confused, people on here and the post match media not giving Milford any credit. I thought he was superb just chiming in laid on some beautiful passes for tries and defended well, obviously not a million dollar player. But if he can perform like that week in week out I’d love to see him re-signed for half a mil.
He was brilliant in patches and that is the point. There are things he can do no other player in the squad, let alone the team can do and he is "ok" most of the time.
Both he and Tevita have the same problem. They tend to want to avoid the boring, ordinary jobs that players like gamble do to make them good and the players with their skills do that make them great.
Tevita has gotten a lot better but even he had a couple of times he took the easy option.
Things like kick chases (Milford should be one of the first there), covering gaps and sliding, charge downs and support runs. They are all part of the game but they don't make highlight reels.
Milford remains a "work in progress".

All went according to plan, says Jamayne Isaako:

"Our game plan was to try and get all ball players on one edge and I thought we did that. We got a lot of joy out of Milf, Tyson and myself connecting together. Just getting the ball where it needed to get I guess. Gamble is good at talking and that is what we needed in the team, some direction and good loud calls which is definitely what Tyson did. Everyone has a job to play when the ball gets in our hands and that's just to run hard and play what is in front and we put some points on the board tonight and hopefully we can build our attack off that."

"Kevvie has a lot of belief in me playing in the No.1 jersey. For me I just want to come out every week and do my job as best as I can. Tonight was a good starting point. I've shown good glimpses over the year but I know if I want to keep my spot I need to play a bit more footy and take some ownership with the halves."

"I will be honest I was in a bit of head noise after the first three tries that they got. I got exposed plugging the open side trying to create an extra number… but it was an easy fix for us."

Man of the hour Tyson Gamble:

"If I keep playing like that there is no reason I can't stay. But at the end of the day it's up to the club I'm just happy to play footy and let the rest sort itself out at the end of the year. I think it's my fourth year full-time NRL squad, my fourth NRL game and that's my first win. It's just persistence."

"I felt like I could perform at this level and to play like that tonight is a step in the right direction. It's a rollercoaster ride being in the NRL. You can't play well all the time and you're not going to be playing all the time. It's just about sticking to it really and being persistent and nailing your role every time helps."

McHunt

Copped so much flack on here for saying Milford should come back into this team. He is 10 x better then Dearden or Croft. His combination with gamble was good. It was milfords effort to run across from the left side to the right side which have us the extra number and set up isaako’s 1st try.

I don’t think there was a poor kick all night between the pair of them. Milford didn’t try to overplay his hand with allowed both players to compliment each other
You not alone Donny in keeping the faith with Milford. There are quite a few of us still holding on......

That said......we shouldn't go slapping ourselves on the back just yet. We know he's capable of putting it together.......doing it consistently over a period of time if what we need to see next. Hopefully last nights performance has given his confidence the shot in the arm it so desperately needed.

All went according to plan, says Jamayne Isaako:

"Our game plan was to try and get all ball players on one edge and I thought we did that. We got a lot of joy out of Milf, Tyson and myself connecting together. Just getting the ball where it needed to get I guess. Gamble is good at talking and that is what we needed in the team, some direction and good loud calls which is definitely what Tyson did. Everyone has a job to play when the ball gets in our hands and that's just to run hard and play what is in front and we put some points on the board tonight and hopefully we can build our attack off that."

"Kevvie has a lot of belief in me playing in the No.1 jersey. For me I just want to come out every week and do my job as best as I can. Tonight was a good starting point. I've shown good glimpses over the year but I know if I want to keep my spot I need to play a bit more footy and take some ownership with the halves."

"I will be honest I was in a bit of head noise after the first three tries that they got. I got exposed plugging the open side trying to create an extra number… but it was an easy fix for us."

Man of the hour Tyson Gamble:

"If I keep playing like that there is no reason I can't stay. But at the end of the day it's up to the club I'm just happy to play footy and let the rest sort itself out at the end of the year. I think it's my fourth year full-time NRL squad, my fourth NRL game and that's my first win. It's just persistence."

"I felt like I could perform at this level and to play like that tonight is a step in the right direction. It's a rollercoaster ride being in the NRL. You can't play well all the time and you're not going to be playing all the time. It's just about sticking to it really and being persistent and nailing your role every time helps."

McHunt
To my mind isaako is a centre in the making. His chief deficiency is his passing but this stint at fullback seems to be helping it improve. There are obvious questions on his defence (like literally every other 3/4 we have) but the understanding you get playing fullback might help there too. It's funny but farnsworth, staggs and Isaako arent all that different (in terms of quality) but it's staggs they are going after with the big money.
None of them can really defend well but all have excellent skills in attack.

What? Milford had a try assist and was the pass before Isaako's assist to Farnsworth...
I'm not sure what McCunt said that you've quoted....(I've placed him on ignore). But yeah, credit where credit is due. Milford's game wasn't exactly where we need him to be, but it was a hell of an improvement when comparing his form of late. He was solid.....and did some smart things. Still needs to work harder on his support play......

Replacing him with some other random **** out of ISC, based on last night.....would be sensationalistic and searching for a headline like any other grubby sports "news" reporter....****.

490F2CF9 EBA8 438D AD93 6B77368D5063

Is that an Isaako issue or a team issue? Do you blame Isaako for defending where he is told to or the coaching staff for telling him to?
Well....I can't imagine anyone telling him as a fullback to be on the other side to where the ball is going.
Isaako was caught out of position several times, and seemed to think he was so far away from where he needed to be, that making an effort to get there, was going to be futile.

Well, the fact he had 5 runs is to me the issue and not his metres. Maybe we need to look at that stat as well.
In saying that did he really need to get himself involved last night?

The middle rotation was marching down the field with 50-60m sets and then we had TPJ wreaking havoc on the right side of the field.

Riki got hooked and dropped primarily because of his defence so potentially Kevvie is telling him to focus on that aspect... he is having to protect Milf on that left edge.

Last night NRL.com has him making 27 tackles and only missing 1.

If he holds that pass from Milf he likely scores under the posts (only had the fullback 1v1 from 30m out and cover defence coming from the opposite side of the field) and it might be a different story

Active Now

• theshed
  • BroncoFan94
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • Tim K
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Morkel
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.