Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

Looks to me like Isaako is defending as per the defensive structures we have in place.

Boyd was always up in the defensive line when we were defending our line

Haven't been impressed with Riki at all this season, he ran for 34 metres last night.. that's disgraceful for an 80 minute forward.
HTH

HBHQ Best 2a

I know I have said it a few times already but I fucking loved Gamble’s game. Watching the replay for a second time already and he was just awesome. Made the right calls, directed the team and gave great ball to the outside backs. Further to all that his attitude and energy is fucking amazing and that obviously rubs off on the team. Loved him getting in Brimson’s face when he got sin binned and him waving it away when Fogarty kicked out on the full.

Great stuff.

Not only that.....but he seems to be an outright fucken mongrel. We haven't seen someone like that in a Brisbane jersey....for a long long time. Love it !!! :tallica:

On Gamble, everyone non-bronco fan is carrying on about how much they hate him and calling him all kinds of names. Was this just because he was vocal and in players faces or did I miss some thing more significant ?

I reckon it was that first try that turned everything around. Yes it sounds obvious but it was more than just the points, it was that they trusted each other and the guy in the 7 led them. Turps put it in front of Gamble, Milf saw the opportunity and Gamble just put it there and trusted Milf, Milf in turn put it out there and trusted Isaako and from theat moment, it was like a switch was flicked and suddenly they woke up to the fact they are a team and if they work together, something good can happen. That might be the moment that changed this side for the better.

The kid has played like 10 games of NRL, he may of not wanted to make an error or was out called by the big dogs in the pack who were ripping and tearing. I would give him a break here.
Yeah, players like him and Dearden get hyped after 1 game and then are expected to be good first graders straight away. These 2 clearly just aren't ready yet to be consistent, both have the talent but still need time.

3 of the 4 tries set up by kicks to get through the line wouldn't of happened if Isaako was behind the line though, the Thompson try was probably not savable but he didn't try hard enough to make it he was jogging.

it doesn't matter whether it's the best fullback in the game or the worst ... they all defend in the line these days ... we have Darius Boyd to thank for this trend

If there is one thing which came out of last night which means the most to me is that not only did we comeback from 22 down but went on with it to win and win well.

Given where we have been over the last few years, for mine, that's the real standout, and that is a team effort.

it doesn't matter whether it's the best fullback in the game or the worst ... they all defend in the line these days ... we have Darius Boyd to thank for this trend
and we had all sorts of issues with kicks in behind over the last few years when Darius was up in the line.

Isaako's issue seems to be urgency.

He knows he has to be in the line and then drop and float out the back, but he needs to be showing more urgency to stay in front of the ball.

That takes a shit ton of fitness to do.

From memory the fittest young players at the club the last few years have been Herbie and Niu... I'm sure Isaako is as well, but I can't recall how he usually goes with his fitness. He looks fit as ****, but if he's all power rather than stamina then perhaps he needs to change that aspect up.

What we do know about Isaako is that he is super committed and dedicated as a footballer off the field, and I'd say defence is one of those things that can be taught.

I think if we did get a Billy Slater in there to do 1v1 coaching of Isaako to fix his defence he could be a seriously dangerous fullback for us.

While I thought Isaako was one of the Broncos best 3 players, he needs to string at least a dozen quality games together before I begin rating him properly. He's been too inconsistent, his career so far has made Milford's consistency look like Cameron Smith. He needs to deliver next week too.

I was even more impressed with the win the second time. Watched while listening to the Trip m call. Great hearing Tallis have to suck it, unbelievably him and Dobbo thought both no Fafita no tries were tries, the second one they said didn't look like it had gone dead and they needed a more convincing angle. haha both angles clearly show the ball on the dead line. Oh and TPJ was so good at getting on top of Dave that Tallis called him Fafita instead of Tavita a couple of times haha what a clown.

Putting my love milf hat back on he had a clear line break assist missed out on by Riki dropping a sitter and also the kick at the end of the game was well weighted and should have led to a try.

I was
Tyson Gamble the ball playing lock we've been looking for...??
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Size wise he wouldnt be different to a few 5/8 of the 80s and 90s. Those big bodies that were hard to tackle on the run. I reckon he would have been pretty successful back then.
I think fatty said he was the biggest halfback he has ever seen and I'm thinking it's a fair cop.
I reckon he'll be our halfback for this season at least but with that attitude he has he has to be around this team going forward and a lock type role might be just the thing (the next Luke Lewis if not wally? Can I dare to dream? 😊)

We had our moments in defence, but our first contact is still piss poor, hit and stick ffs.
And watching Lodge and Carrigan not putting the man on the ground on several occasions is an area we need to work on . If these two can't bust the line or offload they need to be more mongrel in their defense for mine .

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ostin86
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • simplythebest
  • Nerd
  • Reds2011
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • spanky
  • mrtij
  • eggstar10
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.