Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

I told ya’s. TPJ bullied Fifita and we won.

I’m so glad his attitude has apparently been better because he’s been my favourite player for years. The beast was running sideward with the ball just to find Fifita and run into him.

Haas is an machine who does huge amounts of work but TPJ comes up with so many big plays that you almost take them for granted. He was immense.

Imagine if Staggs was being fed those great balls that was giving Arthur’s half breaks all night.
Funny since he was likely the one who told him to leave (allegedly 😉)

Fifita sandwich, anyone?

E0RM5EbUYAISULB

I must admit, I do feel vindicated with how Isaako is performing this year. There wasn't too many people who stuck by him over the last 2 years, but you can be damn sure I was one of them.

Just wanted to see how he performed with a full off-season training in a single position with no off-field distractions.. it's paying dividends.

I think there's plenty of room to grow as well, not only defensively, but in attack. He's had so many different halves pairings that there's been no combinations forming. Give him a couple of months working together with Milford & Gamble and I think he'll be even better in attack.

+1
I called him one of the few remaining x-factor players and got ridiculed here. Sure he's got a lot to improve on defensively and in support play but in offence we have not seen it all yet.
He is the most consistent performing spine player for us this year.
WB obviously saw something when heralding him the heir once Boyd packed it up.

On Isaako, when he had the ball, he was dynamite. Definitely a running fullback, the problem will now be that teams have a lot of footage for how he steps so they'll work on shutting him down.

In saying that, his ball-playing is a bit better than we ever got from Hoffman etc. The try for Arthurs in particular, if you look really closely you'll see Isaako just like *twitch* as if he was going to go for his step and run it himself. It was just enough to get the defender on his outside to blink and turn in and that gave Arthurs enough room to take a perfect, soft pass from Isaako to go over.
Truthfully Isaako has thrown quite a few good passes during his time with us. I don't know where the perception comes from that he hasn't a solid passing game. I've always thought there's an excellent footballer in the making with Isaako.

I also noticed that all of our forwards except Riki (who was on the left) constantly ran at Fifita. All or middles plus TPJ tucked the ball under and just ran full pelt directly at him. Obviously to tire him out but also to let him know that he is the enemy and we're not intimidated.

Fair enough. If you think one instance is enough proof that's fine by me.
Thats what analysts do ...
Find chinks in the armour and exploit them . The 1st 3 tries last night are an example . Some smart cookie realised Isaako stands on the open side of the ruck . So plans were rehearsed to kick on the short side . BOOM !

On Lodge, I thought he was good without being great last night. If you believe the story that we are willing to basically pay half his freight, what is the point? If he is on 800K, are we going to get a better prop for 400K to replace him?
Sounds like they are willing to lose a middle forward in the squad to put that money towards Reynolds.

22 nil and 20 minutes in I wrote 'greatest comeback in history'. Proof that the sun shines even on a dogs arse from time to time.
Are you the sun or the dog’s arse?

I see Lodge and Riki copped fines because of the stink at the end ... anyone know if Fermor has anything to answer for involving his elbow into Oates' head after Oates scored his try. Might be accidental but I thought Fermor could have pulled out of it.

Another pleasing aspect to last night’s win was I get an extra bonus point in the tipping comp. I can’t bring myself to tip against the boys every week so lately it’s been a lost cause.

I see Lodge and Riki copped fines because of the stink at the end ... anyone know if Fermor has anything to answer for involving his elbow into Oates' head after Oates scored his try. Might be accidental but I thought Fermor could have pulled out of it.

nothing to answer for

Another pleasing aspect to last night’s win was I get an extra bonus point in the tipping comp. I can’t bring myself to tip against the boys every week so lately it’s been a lost cause.
I think I'm 100% too...unusual to be all good in tipping AND 100% with a multi. Two more and fat cash.

The Broncos last try, Arthurs was interesting in a way with good passing and finished with an excellent pass from Isaako. What I saw on replay though that was just as good, was the work of Flegler and Lodge. Turpin to Flegler to Lodge to Gamble to Isaako, just passing in a line until a sweetly timed pass from Isaako to Arthurs.

It was good seeing a unplanned but not unstructured rehearsed training drill turned into a not overly dramatic scoring play. Something that Melbourne might do routinely and so a worthy characteristic to have replicated. It means the practice is paying dividends.

So how long till some club swoops in to lure Gamble away with a bit of dosh? I give it 3 months. Just enough for him to really find his feet as a player before he's bought out. Broncs can't keep talent. Not with that fraud parasite organization in melbourne stealing QLD's talent and calling itself "melbourne".

So how long till some club swoops in to lure Gamble away with a bit of dosh? I give it 3 months. Just enough for him to really find his feet as a player before he's bought out. Broncs can't keep talent. Not with that fraud parasite organization in melbourne stealing QLD's talent and calling itself "melbourne".
That could happen couldn't it. It would be horrible. As a part timer fringey I hope his roots are firmly in Brisbane and any fulltime substantial upgrade from us would be taken immediately. One game won't be enough to get an instant offer elsewhere, would it?? Hope not.

Another observation last night was, despite playing better, Milford needs all the hard work and thinking done for him. After all this time he still doesn't actually know how to position himself to take advantage of defensive weaknesses, he needs someone to show him every detail. Case in point, on a bunch of the plays involving Milford, Milf was way too deep or standing in the wrong postion laterally, and Gamble had to throw the ball to where Milford should be in order to take advantage. Often times way in front in order to bring him up in to the gap / focus of attack. It worked - once Milford was in the correct spot he was able to throw the right pass or run the right angle, but still frustrating to see how limited he is.
Hence Greg Alexander saying he stole money from the Broncos. He's agent sold him as a "In demand, life changing half". Call the ACCC, clear case of theft your honour!

Active Now

• LGH
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Scdeac
  • lynx000
  • jarro65
  • bert_lifts
  • Kenny powers
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • DrGee
  • Waynesaurus
  • Stix
  • Howie
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • IceWorks
  • Dee
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.