Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bronco89

Apr 27, 2014
Is Hannant an accountant or agent? If not, why would he be asked and why would he answer? How the heck would he know?

Isn't Hannant his own manager? I know he was a couple years ago so he would know a fair bit on how to negotiate and opportunities available to the player. Maybe he was trying to get a player under him as a client? Who knows what the go is, all I know is that whatever the situation, we better buy some props quickly cos I don't rate any of the ones coming through other than Mcguire, who is really a second rower playing front row too.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Isn't Hannant his own manager? I know he was a couple years ago so he would know a fair bit on how to negotiate and opportunities available to the player. Maybe he was trying to get a player under him as a client? Who knows what the go is, all I know is that whatever the situation, we better buy some props quickly cos I don't rate any of the ones coming through other than Mcguire, who is really a second rower playing front row too.

You may be confused with Carey Porker, who doesn't go through a manager.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I noticed they promoted kodi to qcup last week. I wonder if hooks giving him a couple of weeks before bringing him to Nrl?
Everyone I've spoken to close to the broncos about Hoffman say "he will come good, he's good at play making he just hasn't clicked yet" hopefully the time frame has closed on that line of thinking.

i would like to see hook go the way of rick stone. I don't think he should be punted, but he was promoted too soon. Bring kevvy in as head coach, hook as 2IC & Bennett as the coaching director. It's a solid team and covers all bases. I think Walters could most definitely be the "Boof" we need.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Except Boof didn't have Arthur as 2IC, sacking the head coach and making him assistant makes no sense.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Funny I have been saying that about Reed plus the fact he cannot tackle - is as slow as my grandmother - god bless her soul as she has been dead for 30 years - trips over worms in the ground when he runs - has terrible hands - alah dropped ball over the try line - for the last 12 month but used to cop a pounding from most on here about it

I'm right there with you, FI. I remember last year as well airing concerns about Reed and getting hammered. I'm a Reed fan but he is struggling for form and has been for quite some time. It's probably one of the most pleasing signs about our current run of form - the Reed circle jerk seems to be over on here.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Re: [Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

hopefully hook won't be around to ruin milford's talent.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Glad it's all finally sorted and can't wait for milford to play for the Broncos.

Rumours are Griffin is hoping to coach the attack out of him, so he can use him as a one out hit up machine, to cover for Kennedy. Kennedy's playmaking skills will then be developed by the combined abilities of Griffin and Kearney to cover our long term 5/8 issue...

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Rumours are Griffin is hoping to coach the attack out of him, so he can use him as a one out hit up machine, to cover for Kennedy. Kennedy's playmaking skills will then be developed by the combined abilities of Griffin and Kearney to cover our long term 5/8 issue...

At this stage even if he was to do that, I think he would still be a more effective forward then Kennedy.

Reactions: sus
Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Come on guys, Griffin isn't that stupid to play Milford in the front row. That is just ridiculous. It's obvious he will use him as Fensom-like tackling machine or a minute-less bench player.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

can't people be happy about this news for 10 seconds before going either negative or sarcastic :rolleyes:

FFS Mrs Griffin let us bag your son in peace.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

FFS Mrs Griffin let us bag your son in peace.

I want him gone as much as everybody else ... it just seems that even when we get good news people find a way to bag Griffin.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013

I want him gone as much as everybody else ... it just seems that even when we get good news people find a way to bag Griffin.

Do you blame us? The guy is running the club into the ground.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Bottom line is the Sloth Griffin has a deplorable winning percentage as a coach full stop. I think it is in the realm of sub 40%. Hell if any of my staff performed at 40% they would be fired no questions asked. I have never seen anyone accept failure as well as Sloth Griffin does. Just head scratching.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

I'm with you mrs G.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.