Scott Prince Is Back - OFFICIAL!

Re: Scott Prince

I'm convinced 2013 will be Prince's swansong, I think we gave him 2 years just in case.

I was holding out for someone better but obviously they don't come off contract until 2014 and the Titans are paying most of his contract so it makes sense.

hunt will be gone.

norman has a place in the side, hopefully they find the right fit this year.

It makes me sad to think the Broncos career of one of Hunt, Norman, Wallace and Hoffman is dead in the water.

The morale of all 4 may be effected.

with our forwards doing good work prince could really carve up. we might even see the centres/wingers get the ball in some space! hopefully free norman up to do more actual ball running. if hoffman gets back to his best, well we could really go well next year.

What does this say to Norman and Hunt?

Norman at least has a shot at FB again but when McCullough is ready for 80 mins Hunt doesn't have a purpose in this side.

What does it say ?

It says hey kids you may have been a big deal in kindergarten grade but we're running an NRL side here and the evidence thus far is not compelling enough that either of you is ready, willing or able to be the half or five eighth we need to be successful at the elite level. So we're bringing in a guy who has runs on the board.

Last edited:

What does it say ?

It says hey kids you may have been a big deal in kindergarten grade but we're running an NRL side here and the evidence thus far is not compelling enough that either of you is ready, willing or able to be the half or five eighth we need to be successful at the elite level. So we're bringing in a guy who has runs on the board.

Fair enough, its just funny how much we've come out in the media backing them to lead us for the next few years.

I don't even know if this is a gain or a lose over Norman.

Massive gain.

We get (cheaply) a quality half with vast experience..... someone who will help run the show... and guide our inexperienced playmakers.

Massive gain.

I assume Wallace will move into 5/8, where I think he could be more of an asset, as he would have more time and space to execute.

Yes .......go on. Execute what exactly? :loool:

At least the signing says to me that the Brisbane hierarchy does admit to having a problem in the halves.

I hope Wallace isn't an automatic selection at 5/8. I still say he could provide very good value off the bench as a fill in for McCullough.

I'd say Norman has got the edge over Hunt in the Broncs management long term thinking so its good-bye to Ben. I guess all of us will be keeping a close eye on him over the next few years where ever he may end up.

Last edited:
Don't like this. Seriously dislike Prince and don't see much value in signing him.

I don't mind the idea. Prince just concentrating on playing well rather than being the captain/heart and soul/everything man he was at the titans. Seriously he was in everything. Might be just what he needed to give him a boost for a couple more years.

After initial opposition I've moved to undecided. We have a small premiership window that with the losses of Beale, Petero and Teo is already half closed and is only going to further reduce as Hodgo and Parker age. I'm not against Prince for the reason - at or anywhere near his best - he fills the void Locky left. My concern is that his best has been few and far between over the last 2 seasons.

he's also been playing for a crappy club with crappy admin and half of em crappy qld cup quality players.

we've got none of that.

Talks with Thurston and other halves have not stopped. Prince came cheap and Broncos will be able to afford whoever they want.

Not a huge fan of this signing but hopefully he'll stay fit. No question that our halves were dire so at least we've done something.

So much for giving the young halves a good crack and backing them, really don't see the point in this signing. Anyway, with Prince at 7(6) next year, would like to see this given a try: Wallace at 6(7), Hodges / Reed in the centres, push Norman to fullback and bring Hoffman to the wing with Yow Yeh and Hunt still on the bench. The only problem is that it will push Copley / Maranta out, both of whom i though had great seasons.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.