NEWS Seibold: leave Darius alone

There is literally nothing left to defend Boyd with.
Is he worth 700k - No
Does he deserve captaincy - No
Is he making an impact on the field - No
Is he our best 6 or 1 - No

Either Seibold has made a goose of himself or him and Lockey are tightening the screws using the media. I think and hope its the latter.

If we are using the media to put pressure on Boyd in the way you are suggesting as your latter option, i hope Seibs and Locky get right out of this club. I dont care how much of a legend Locky is, you dont treat a good servant in that way and despite his poor form Boyd doesnt deserve underhanded tactics to get him out. The coach should make the call. Tell him face to face he isnt performing and he is dropped. Be honest with him.

In saying that, i'd be amazed if we would resort to using the media to do that to Boyd. I think we are a much classier club than that.
[automerge]1565937354[/automerge]
All Siebs did was highlight the double standard, and good on him
He did not have a crack about Keary's form
He had a shot at the media, and rightly so
And now people from far and wide, including Bronco fans, are having a go at Siebs for being so stupid
It beggars belief

Bringing Keary into it was stupid. All thats going to do is fire up Keary and the Roosters. Having a shot at the media is all he should have done.

Last edited:
Something just dawned on me which is quite sad really. The roosters, media and large proportion of the league community have found the comparison of keary's performance to boyd offensive/disrespectful. This indicates that there is so little respect of boyds game at the moment.

It is sad that a 300 game veteran is the joke of the league and comparisons to him are seen as disrespectful.

I understand seibs intention in defending his player but really did not go about doing it the right way. He has shown that he still has a lot to learn about being a brisbane broncos coach.

Last edited:
I’m not excusing Boyd here, but there’s a reason why Keary doesn’t take on the line: he’s arguably the smallest/ physically weakest player in the comp and has already had several weeks off this year with concussion. Lucky for him you can’t tackle halves anymore without risking a few weeks on the sideline, otherwise I doubt his output would be as good as it is today.

If I was coaching a side in the grand final I’d get a player like TPJ to just nail him every time he touched the ball. I’m shocked the storm didn’t do so last year.

Edit: I’m not saying he ain’t good, but his physique is quite fragile compared to someone like Munster or even Cleary.

Last edited:
If we are using the media to put pressure on Boyd in the way you are suggesting as your latter option, i hope Seibs and Locky get right out of this club. I dont care how much of a legend Locky is, you dont treat a good servant in that way and despite his poor form Boyd doesnt deserve underhanded tactics to get him out. The coach should make the call. Tell him face to face he isnt performing and he is dropped. Be honest with him.

In saying that, i'd be amazed if we would resort to using the media to do that to Boyd. I think we are a much classier club than that.

Bringing Keary into it was stupid. All thats going to do is fire up Keary and the Roosters. Having a shot at the media is all he should have done.
What Wolfie just said.

Maybe they didn't appreciate Boyd putting pressure on the club by saying he thinks he's in good form and Seibold is happy with how he's playing and all the other fluff pieces he's bullshitted his way through. "It's just a game"

Maybe they didn't appreciate Boyd putting pressure on the club by saying he thinks he's in good form and Seibold is happy with how he's playing and all the other fluff pieces he's bullshitted his way through. "It's just a game"

So shouldnt they just tell him that?

Hypothetical argument anyway so I don't want to get too deep into it.....but maybe they have.

I think if they did, Seibs wouldn't be picking him tbh.

On the face of it, it's just a coach relieving pressure on a player that's under the pump. Nothing wrong with that. I guess because we all want Seibold to come out and say he's been shit (which we all know), when he comes out with this stuff it's like a moving flag to a bull (even though we all know you can't publicly hang players out).

Yep, definitely agree with you here :)

What is wrong with it? If they have had conversations behind closed doors, and the result is someone digs their heels in.....

I'm also not sure what Boyd has actually brought to the club as captain on the field (i am sure its nothing) - if he was being a good servant he would drop it or drop himself to get his shit together. People arent given spots in football teams for being good people around the game.

Just sayin....Either we are blind or Boyd is blind. You tell me where the truth lies re his performances over the last two season.

What is wrong with it? If they have had conversations behind closed doors, and the result is someone digs their heels in.....

I'm also not sure what Boyd has actually brought to the club as captain on the field (i am sure its nothing) - if he was being a good servant he would drop it or drop himself to get his shit together. People arent given spots in football teams for being good people around the game.

Just sayin....Either we are blind or Boyd is blind. You tell me where the truth lies re his performances over the last two season.

You can't seriously think trying to undermine him and pressure him through the media would be acceptable. That would be a dirty, underhanded thing to do and very distasteful. I firmly believe you deal with things in an up front manner so everyone know's where they stand. No need to conduct yourself any other way.

If there have been conversations behind closed doors about Boyd behind closed doors and he is digging his heels in as you say, then the coach drops him. If he doesn't, that's 100% on Seibs. I doubt Boyd has the power to keep himself in the team if the coach thinks otherwise.

As I have said before, I know Seibs sets markers for every player and that determines where they sit on his depth chart. If Boyd wasn't meeting them, he would get dropped. That's probably why he doesn't think he is as out of form as he is, because the coach and others I'd guess are telling him otherwise.

In what world has Boyd been a good servant? The only person at the club who has ever liked him is Bennett, and even he doesn't want to be near him anymore. I think the bigger issue is that Boyd, unlike other players, doesn't use any social media or read any news... This is probably why he is so oblivious to how bad he is. Other players have a bad game, read about it and come fired up the next week. He is so uninformed about anything going on in the world, I don't think he knows what is expected of a starting 6...

In what world has Boyd been a good servant? The only person at the club who has ever liked him is Bennett, and even he doesn't want to be near him anymore. I think the bigger issue is that Boyd, unlike other players, doesn't use any social media or read any news... This is probably why he is so oblivious to how bad he is. Other players have a bad game, read about it and come fired up the next week. He is so uninformed about anything going on in the world, I don't think he knows what is expected of a starting 6...

Or they read about it and have a mental break down like Ash Taylor - or Boyd 5 years ago.

You can't seriously think trying to undermine him and pressure him through the media would be acceptable. That would be a dirty, underhanded thing to do and very distasteful. I firmly believe you deal with things in an up front manner so everyone know's where they stand. No need to conduct yourself any other way.

If there have been conversations behind closed doors about Boyd behind closed doors and he is digging his heels in as you say, then the coach drops him. If he doesn't, that's 100% on Seibs. I doubt Boyd has the power to keep himself in the team if the coach thinks otherwise.

As I have said before, I know Seibs sets markers for every player and that determines where they sit on his depth chart. If Boyd wasn't meeting them, he would get dropped. That's probably why he doesn't think he is as out of form as he is, because the coach and others I'd guess are telling him otherwise.

We aren't privy to know. The game is also a business, and if someone has two years in their favour, and refuses to budge - you play the cards you need to. The WB debacle was far dirtier than this - most of which came from WB.

If Seibs dropped Boyd to Q cup prior to the last few round of playing at 6, it would have looked terrible. Now hes given him an over and above chance and its just not working. You dont keep a player at 6 to babysit him on the roster unless you are forced to.

Last edited:
We aren't privy to know. The game is also a business, and if someone has two years in their favour, and refuses to budge - you play the cards you need to. The WB debacle was far dirtier than this - most of which cam from WB.

If Seibs dropped Boyd to Q cup prior to the last few round of playing at 6, it would have looked terrible. Now hes given him an over and above chance and its just not working. You dont keep a player at 6 to babysit him on the roster unless you are forced to.

If seibold is letting his team be dictated by other people, hes more of a joke than we thought

We aren't privy to know. The game is also a business, and if someone has two years in their favour, and refuses to budge - you play the cards you need to. The WB debacle was far dirtier than this - most of which cam from WB.

I don't agree at all you have to be underhanded about it. Just tell the bloke. It's not his fault he has another year plus an option in his favour. You can't go around shitting on players under contract or nobody will want to play for you. The majority of players respect honesty even if it costs them sometimes.

And ultimatley , it's up to Seibold to do what he thinks is best for the Broncos as a team, not what's best for Boyd. He just has to treat Boyd with respect when he does it.

And the Wayne Bennett issue was as much down to Brisbane as it was down to Bennett. After all, he had a contract, but Bennett did carry on like a pork chop at times during the whole saga. Nobody came out of it looking good.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.