Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats convenient! I’m sure he wasnt expecting any calls the day before he attends the 1st day of pre season training after the most controversial off sesson he or the club has ever been involved in. Im sure the media are making it up that he replied to text messages, often people paid over $1 million dollars a year to do a job are unavailable and dont reply to their employers.
Lols. It was a Sunday bro. Give him some leeway.

Lols. It was a Sunday bro. Give him some leeway.
He gets paid $1.1 million a year by the broncos and it was in the middle of the biggest news in australian sport at the moment at the biggest club in the nrl a day before their pre season. What does it matter if it was a sunday? Lol, if it did matter he wouldnt be in a job that pays that well. No one in the world would be paid that amount of money when the business was under as much pressure as the broncos were at the time. He does deserve some free time, like anyone, but its VERY convenient to be happening at that moment in time...

He gets paid $1.1 million a year by the broncos and it was in the middle of the biggest news in australian sport at the moment at the biggest club in the nrl a day before their pre season. What does it matter if it was a sunday? Lol, if it did matter he wouldnt be in a job that pays that well. No one in the world would be paid that amount of money when the business was under as much pressure as the broncos were at the time. He does deserve some free time, like anyone, but its VERY convenient to be happening at that moment in time...
He was also fairly sure it would end this way and he’d be moving to Sydney soon so can you blame him for wanting to spend time with his son before he goes?

He was also fairly sure it would end this way and he’d be moving to Sydney soon so can you blame him for wanting to spend time with his son before he goes?
He knew it would end that way? EXACTLY why he didnt answer his phone, but also why professionally he should have been glued to his phone!
If I think I am about to be sacked I make sure I answer the phone. He isnt a 15 year old working at maccas. It actually reminds me of the seinfield episode where george turns up to work pretending he didnt know he was sacked. The problem is that seinfield was a tv COMEDY show, this is a multi million dollar business with shareholders and millions of fans. What a joke.
Unlikely source, but cheers for backing up my point cult3.

After watching the press conference, I'm excited as ****.

This is what the Broncos needed. They needed a fresh start. I was happy with giving Wayne one more season so he could see out his contract, but I'm not upset that it didn't pan out that way.

I'm excited to see what Seibold can do with this side. He's going to bring a new approach with new ideas and I feel he is a guy that can tailor a gameplan that will suit our strengths.

He might be a flop, but I don't think he will be. There is just something about him. You can usually tell who's going to be a flop and who isn't. The smart coaches that can think outside the box are generally the coaches that have success. Bellamy is one of those coaches and so is Robinson.

Bennett was one of those coaches during his first stint. But I felt his ideas and way of doing things became stale and just weren't right for this side.

After watching the press conference, I'm excited as ****.

This is what the Broncos needed. They needed a fresh start. I was happy with giving Wayne one more season so he could see out his contract, but I'm not upset that it didn't pan out that way.

I'm excited to see what Seibold can do with this side. He's going to bring a new approach with new ideas and I feel he is a guy that can tailor a gameplan that will suit our strengths.

He might be a flop, but I don't think he will be. There is just something about him. You can usually tell who's going to be a flop and who isn't. The smart coaches that can think outside the box are generally the coaches that have success. Bellamy is one of those coaches and so is Robinson.

Bennett was one of those coaches during his first stint. But I felt his ideas and way of doing things became stale and just weren't right for this side.

Be honest, did you think straight away that griffin was going to be a flop?

Who fucking cares !! Still trying to put the boot in , move on.

I know you have not asked me Winslow but I would like to answer anyway.

In regards to Griffin I didn't think he would be a flop. I thought he would be a similar style coach to Bennett, and he was. I felt like we had not really attempted to venture too far away from what had worked for us in the past under Bennett.

With Henjak I remember being a big excited about what a new coach could do for our team. We played some good attacking footy but unfortunately we learnt that without defence you can't win footy matches. I reckon the club was worried they had made the wrong choice in moving Bennett on and that's why they chased his boyfriend Griffin.

In regards to Seibs, Souths showed they can play at both ends of the field last year and most importantly they played some devastating attacking footy. If Seibold brings that style of footy to our side along with a desire to learn and evolve as a team. Then I think we will see some success under his reign.

When Griffin was appointed coach the situation was so last minute it was difficult to form any expectations. Henjak was fired right before the last trial of the pre-season, so all the focus was on his departure. Since management had left it so late, Griffin was the logical choice and had achieved enough at the club to be an upgrade over Henjak. Griffin had a real knack of cultivating young talent in the NYC and after he replaced Peter Ryan as the defensive coach, the Broncos showed immediate improvement.

Everyone thought that he would be successful and many of the comments of praise currently about Siebold are exactly the same things that were said about Hook. Griffin had a very good record in the NYC and other facets of second tier footy and many assumed that he was a football genius and success at the highest level was a given. It turned out to be a disaster as we discovered that Hook was nothing special and was just a run of the mill coach who didn't have the capabilities to ever engineer a premiership side. It is the optimistic nature of fans to pump up change in the hope of that ever elusive championship. Siebs might deliver the goods or he might be another "Hook". Only time will tell. I'll reserve my judgement on him after he has been in the role for a year or two.

I hope that he makes Boyd stay floating at the back and watching for kicks like every other fullback in the game.

I know you have not asked me Winslow but I would like to answer anyway.

In regards to Griffin I didn't think he would be a flop. I thought he would be a similar style coach to Bennett, and he was. I felt like we had not really attempted to venture too far away from what had worked for us in the past under Bennett.

With Henjak I remember being a big excited about what a new coach could do for our team. We played some good attacking footy but unfortunately we learnt that without defence you can't win footy matches. I reckon the club was worried they had made the wrong choice in moving Bennett on and that's why they chased his boyfriend Griffin.

In regards to Seibs, Souths showed they can play at both ends of the field last year and most importantly they played some devastating attacking footy. If Seibold brings that style of footy to our side along with a desire to learn and evolve as a team. Then I think we will see some success under his reign.

As soon as it was revealed that Bennett had planned to leave the Broncos at the cold of night to join the Roosters in 2007, the end was nigh. The fans realised how close Bennett had come to calling it a day and despite going onto coach Brisbane to premiership glory, it wasn't enough to sway them. There had to be some major anxiety over the future of the club for Bennett to consider his options and while the premiership bought him some time, his days were numbered.

This came to a head in 2007 where the promises of a Brisbane dynasty were greatly exaggerated. All the problems that existed in 2006 reared their ugly head the following year and it appeared the Broncos needed a change.

The way things unfolded with Henjak felt like a compromise from the club. Plans to sign Bellamy had fallen through and when they couldn't sign Henry, they had to settle on the assistant coach. It was far from a vote of confidence for Henjak, exposing that the problems ran deeper than the coach. This was the Brisbane Broncos we were talking about, the powerhouse that threatened to be bigger than the competition itself, how could they miss their man?

Still, as you pointed out those initial few months with Henjak in charge were uncharted waters. There seemed to be this philosophy of out with the old and in with the new. The Broncos weren't going to have to rely on players like Nick Emmett, Kaine Manihera, Michael Roberts, Isaak Ah Mau, Clifford Manua etc. they were going to be trendy and give their young players the opportunity to impress.

It was like music to fans ears, but when the Broncos hit a wall during the 2009 representative period, suddenly those unfashionable QCup players didn't seem so bad. It wasn't long before Guy Williams, an honest toiler from the Central Capras, was given an opportunity. When that wasn't enough, Hodges got onto the blower and rung up his old mate TC to show these young forwards how to tackle.

The Broncos endured a lot of short term pain with the view that in the long term they'd reclaim their throne as one of the most dominant clubs in the game. Then just as Brisbane made their way through the worst of it and appeared to be turning a corner, Henjak was let go. To an extent it was disappointing that Henjak was never able to see the end result of his long term vision of the club. Henjak had to eat a lot of crow to get the squad he wanted and right as it was time to feast on his spoils, he was moved on before a ball was even kicked.

Who fucking cares !! Still trying to put the boot in , move on.
Dont get so angry because waynes gone mate. I responded to a comment about an at the time current topic, kind of how a fan forum works I believe. I doubt wayne is reading this and his feelings are getting hurt so you dont have to worry.

As soon as it was revealed that Bennett had planned to leave the Broncos at the cold of night to join the Roosters in 2007, the end was nigh. The fans realised how close Bennett had come to calling it a day and despite going onto coach Brisbane to premiership glory, it wasn't enough to sway them. There had to be some major anxiety over the future of the club for Bennett to consider his options and while the premiership bought him some time, his days were numbered.

This came to a head in 2007 where the promises of a Brisbane dynasty were greatly exaggerated. All the problems that existed in 2006 reared their ugly head the following year and it appeared the Broncos needed a change.

The way things unfolded with Henjak felt like a compromise from the club. Plans to sign Bellamy had fallen through and when they couldn't sign Henry, they had to settle on the assistant coach. It was far from a vote of confidence for Henjak, exposing that the problems ran deeper than the coach. This was the Brisbane Broncos we were talking about, the powerhouse that threatened to be bigger than the competition itself, how could they miss their man?

Still, as you pointed out those initial few months with Henjak in charge were uncharted waters. There seemed to be this philosophy of out with the old and in with the new. The Broncos weren't going to have to rely on players like Nick Emmett, Kaine Manihera, Michael Roberts, Isaak Ah Mau, Clifford Manua etc. they were going to be trendy and give their young players the opportunity to impress.

It was like music to fans ears, but when the Broncos hit a wall during the 2009 representative period, suddenly those unfashionable QCup players didn't seem so bad. It wasn't long before Guy Williams, an honest toiler from the Central Capras, was given an opportunity. When that wasn't enough, Hodges got onto the blower and rung up his old mate TC to show these young forwards how to tackle.

The Broncos endured a lot of short term pain with the view that in the long term they'd reclaim their throne as one of the most dominant clubs in the game. Then just as Brisbane made their way through the worst of it and appeared to be turning a corner, Henjak was let go. To an extent it was disappointing that Henjak was never able to see the end result of his long term vision of the club. Henjak had to eat a lot of crow to get the squad he wanted and right as it was time to feast on his spoils, he was moved on before a ball was even kicked.

Excellent summary there Big Pete and well on the mark.

That is a reasonably sympathetic post to Henjak. Do you think he had real potential as a coach BP that was never allowed to come to fruition? It is interesting to me that he has never shown any desire to resume top flight coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Spoon
  • bert_lifts
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.