Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a reasonably sympathetic post to Henjak. Do you think he had real potential as a coach BP that was never allowed to come to fruition? It is interesting to me that he has never shown any desire to resume top flight coaching.

I actually cut off a few paragraphs off at the end because I was rambling. I was going to say that the Broncos were ultimately justified in sacking Henjak for a variety of reasons. The reason that resonated most for me personally was his inability to secure Karmichael Hunt, Israel Folau & Greg Inglis. The Broncos were beginning to look like a bunch of booger eaters after years of being home to the best talent in the sport.

With Henjak, I felt he took a drastic approach and never got to see his plan come to fruition. Instead of taking things slowly, Henjak was prepared to rip the band-aid right off and see what the next generation was capable of. For all those fans who wanted to see the Broncos try something new, they were denied that opportunity. As soon as the young players were seasoned, Henjak was served his papers and the club went in a different direction. The Broncos appointed Anthony Griffin, a minor concession that they wanted things to go back the way they were.

You know Big Pete with reflection with regards to Inglis. I know a lot of Broncos fans including myself absolutely crucified Inglis for not keeping his word and signing with Souths but upon reflection how much do we know well did the club actually handled it internally? They seemed to get a free pass(for the most part at the time) through it but perhaps there was a lot more to it then meets the eye?

Last edited:
I actually cut off a few paragraphs off at the end because I was rambling. I was going to say that the Broncos were ultimately justified in sacking Henjak for a variety of reasons. The reason that resonated most for me personally was his inability to secure Karmichael Hunt, Israel Folau & Greg Inglis. The Broncos were beginning to look like a bunch of booger eaters after years of being home to the best talent in the sport.

With Henjak, I felt he took a drastic approach and never got to see his plan come to fruition. Instead of taking things slowly, Henjak was prepared to rip the band-aid right off and see what the next generation was capable of. For all those fans who wanted to see the Broncos try something new, they were denied that opportunity. As soon as the young players were seasoned, Henjak was served his papers and the club went in a different direction. The Broncos appointed Anthony Griffin, a minor concession that they wanted things to go back the way they were.

Once again, really good to have you back, I enjoy reading your posts which are always well researched and well reasoned.

You know Big Pete with reflection with regards to Inglis. I know a lot of Broncos fans including myself absolutely crucified Inglis for not keeping his word and signing with Souths but upon reflection how much do we know well did the club actually handled it internally? They seemed to get a free pass(for the most part at the time) through it but perhaps there is a lot more to it then meets the eye?

I thought the story was Inglis was set on coming until he met Henjak. He then had a couple of honest chats with a few of the Broncos representatives and that was enough for him to make up his mind.

On top of that was Inglis' legal fees and the ramifications involved with the salary cap.

I thought the story was Inglis was set on coming until he met Henjak. He then had a couple of honest chats with a few of the Broncos representatives and that was enough for him to make up his mind.

On top of that was Inglis' legal fees and the ramifications involved with the salary cap.
I recall Hodges telling him not to come as he'd hate it under Henjak.

I was ropeable at the board for failing to land him.

Also - I think it's hard to gauge the feeling with hook and henjak to seibold.

We still had Lockyer.

Last edited:
It is interesting to me that he has never shown any desire to resume top flight coaching.

Last time I saw Ivan he was working at a carpet store at Forest Lake. Perhaps he made 'salesman of the year' or something, hence his decision not to set his sights on another NRL coaching gig.

I recall Hodges telling him not to come as he'd hate it under Henjak.

I was ropeable at the board for failing to land him.

Also - I think it's hard to gauge the feeling with hook and henjak to seibold.

We still had Lockyer.

That's right. I didn't want to name names, because I didn't think it was their finest contribution to the club by any stretch.

Last time I saw Ivan he was working at a carpet store at Forest Lake. Perhaps he made 'salesman of the year' or something, hence his decision not to set his sights on another NRL coaching gig.
That's pretty rough. I would love to know what happened between him and the board, must've been a spectacular fallout.

Didn't it kinda burr up because he made Lockyer miss the raiders game that ensured we missed the finals for the first time since 91?

I can confirm. I've spotted Henjak a couple of times at the local supermarket. He seems pretty happy and healthy so I guess he's found his niche in the world.

Good bloke, horrific coach.

Dont get so angry because waynes gone mate. I responded to a comment about an at the time current topic, kind of how a fan forum works I believe. I doubt wayne is reading this and his feelings are getting hurt so you dont have to worry.

Still with the Wayne comments , you're mistaken me for someone who cares.
I'm a Wayne supporter because of what he did for Brisbane not because of the person he is.

Reactions: Dee
I can confirm. I've spotted Henjak a couple of times at the local supermarket. He seems pretty happy and healthy so I guess he's found his niche in the world.

Good bloke, horrific coach.

Yeh I didn't actually talk to the fella other than to say I was just browsing when he asked if I needed any help. But seemed like a quietly spoken, helpful bloke when he was talking to other customers. I couldn't believe it was Ivan when I first walked in lol. I'm pretty sure he had a short time coaching the Sunshine Coast Falcons after his stint with us but think he got the boot from there too.

Action man Seibold takes just 24 hours to make his mark

Author
Joel GouldNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 4 Dec 2018, 03:45Pm
New Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has hit the ground running and within 24 hours had outlined to everyone at the organisation his vision for the club for the next five years.
By the end of Monday, his first day in charge, Seibold had addressed every player from captain Darius Boyd right down to those in the club's elite development squad and all staff across the organisation.
By mid-Tuesday morning Seibold and his football department staff had put the players through two up-tempo training sessions where it was clear the Broncos playing group was eager to impress the new coach.
The first session was held at 1pm on Monday at Purtell Park in sweltering 30-plus degree heat and the intensity was through the roof with Seibold, assistant coaches Ben Cross and Peter Gentle, performance chief Paul Devlin and analyst Demas Wong all on deck to oversee training.
Broncos officials picked Seibold up at the Brisbane airport on Monday morning and he went straight to the club board room to meet with CEO Paul White and the senior executive before holding a 9am meeting with all football and administration staff.
Seibold wants Brisbane players to create own histor kicks off at Broncos: 'I'll do things my way'
It didn't take long for Seibold to find out with hooker Andrew McCullough relishing being put through the wringer.
"I've certainly lost some weight. It was high intensity, which it needs to be," McCullough after Tuesday's training.
"We were bouncing from basic conditioning drill to basic defensive drills to ball skills.
"There was probably a nervous, unknown sort of vibe [at training] not having worked with not just Seibs, but the rest of the coaching staff. It is about finding out what they believe is the right thing to do and everyone getting on board with that.
"It is going to take time but that is what we are here for. It is exciting. Seibs hasn't had us for long so he has started on getting all the basics
in our game so we can be a better team."
McCullough said both Brisbane and South Sydney, after , could now work towards 2019 with certainty while adding that Seibold had already given the Broncos a sense of purpose and clarity.
"Seibs is certainly knowledgeable and everyone is on the same page now, both players and staff," he said.
"I think both clubs are happy that it has all got cleaned up and we can move on to making 2019 real good."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee
Just watching that first presser of Seibold's - impressive.

Sure, it's only words, but he definitely seems like a man with a plan.

Pretty excited for next year!

If that article about Seibold taking 24 hours to make his mark is true, then I'm pretty impressed. He seems really focussed and getting right into it, no messing around and that's what we need, he needs to take charge, show the club this is how it is from now on and get everyone moving in the same direction. Good stuff.

If that article about Seibold taking 24 hours to make his mark is true, then I'm pretty impressed. He seems really focussed and getting right into it, no messing around and that's what we need, he needs to take charge, show the club this is how it is from now on and get everyone moving in the same direction. Good stuff.

Yep, and I like how he talks about football being an holistic approach. Meaning that everyone will be pulling in the same direction. Hopefully this means any old boys that think they have a say will be told potitely to **** off.

Yep, and I like how he talks about football being an holistic approach. Meaning that everyone will be pulling in the same direction. Hopefully this means any old boys that think they have a say will be told potitely to **** off.

As much as we disagree about how we ended up here, I must say I am excited about what the future holds. The above most of all. Fresh start, no pre-conceptions, players earn their spot, get on board or get on your bike.

Glad to see Macca has been re-assured his future is at the club. He's integral to our leadership group and having him and Darius in the spine is critical to our chances of premiership success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.