PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

There are some things I can forgive a person, domestic violence isn't one of them if true.
Agree - there is no coming back.
If he's not charged he will push for damages for sure. Twitter is ablaze
With the new coercive control legislation something as ridiculous as questioning your wife blowing the weekly budget on clothes constitutes Domestic Violence.

Looks like Wednesday is DV court day at holland park with it being the only day Legal aid being available. This is DV court which is a civil proceeding and not a criminal one. It will be to determine if a DV order is to be made by the court. Highly likely outcome once an allegation is made as the standard of proof is on the balance of probabilities in this court.

Also interesting that there don't appear to be any criminal charges accompanying this, Assault etc. Which indicates the matter may not have involved any actual violence.

I've seen too many false accusations to condemn someone without the facts. Almost every guy I know has had a really toxic relationship in their early 20's at least once. Most of them seem to be able to get out of it quickly but some get stuck and it just gets worse and it's hard to walk away from "if you leave I am going to say you bashed me and people will believe me".

But If it is proven that he has just been abusing his missus give him the boot.

If he is guilty **** him off. We should have booted out Payne and Kotoni for their episodes but we were too weak.

Zero tolerance for abuse of any kind should be the clubs policy.
Agree.

Just wait and see what the allegations are. DV applications can be made for a heap of different reasons and they aren't Criminal offences in the first instance. There is no guilty or not guilty verdict. Either an order is made or not.

If it is true, sure get rid of him but with the proviso from the NRL that no one else can pick him up for a period of time. This sort of thing cannot be tolerated.

However, if it isn't true, we need to find out what the heck has happened here and lynch whoever has made false claims.

We just don't have any facts like at all, let's calm down a bit.

This is extremely similar to the unnamed player a few months back which turned into nothing. Let’s hope this will be the case come Wednesday

Huh......you know what? That's enough Broncos for this week :brickwall:
Ok Bye Walkout GIF by heytalithax

He was going great consistently up to origin and then got injured and hasn't been the same since. If he wasn't right this week, why did Kevvie pick him?
The tell was putting him on the wing - it was a must win game and Kev's feeling the pressure. It's likely he shouldn't have been playing at all.

Regardless of what happens. Selwyn leaves and stinks it up/kills it up or Selwyn stays and kills it/stinks it up. If its the latter of either situation, it will be Kevys fault.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.