PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

The single comment in that whole article that is actually from the QPS is that the investigation remains on-going.

As do court proceedings.

Well very interesting Jason .
You said the allegations were very serious .

At this time violence against women is the hot topic . If there was any kind of evidence Selwyn would have been in court and made an example of .
WTF has happened there ?
The cops were too busy or incompetant to gather the information ? The allegations were with drawn ? The allegations were false ?

Well very interesting Jason .
You said the allegations were very serious .

At this time violence against women is the hot topic . If there was any kind of evidence Selwyn would have been in court and made an example of .
WTF has happened there ?
The cops were too busy or incompetant to gather the information ? The allegations were with drawn ? The allegations were false ?

These scenarios aren't typically cut-and-dried, black-and-white. Investigations can take time.

You seem quite agitated about all this?

Selwyn doesn't look like he's in a great place right now. On the flipside, Mozer seems to have landed on his feet:

After he scored it looked like he was going to burst into tears, picked the ball up to do his normal kick into the crowd but just dropped it on his foot.
I don't think I've seen someone so visibly struggling with their mental health the last 2 times we've seen him.

The way things are at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if he walks away from the game.

I did not think Cobbo would play for the Broncos again. I did not think he would be playing NRL for the foreseen. I was wrong.

My question is to poster Jason Simmons;

Is Selwyn Cobbo, a man that you would be happy to welcome into your home, and have your daughter date?

I did not think Cobbo would play for the Broncos again. I did not think he would be playing NRL for the foreseen. I was wrong.

Is Selwyn Cobbo, a man that you would be happy to welcome into your home, and have your daughter date?
What a bizarre question to ask of someone who doesn't know the guy personally.
You cant judge a man based on how he plays football, or rumors from the press.

Tell me, would you be ok with me dating your daughter? Because you know about as much about me as Jason does about Cobbo on a personal level.

I was quite happy with Cobbo's game and was thrilled to see him back himself a bit. Mozer was terrific. I really do hope he keeps improving and gaining confidence because he really can be our Cameron Smith imo.
I dunno, while Cobbo had some nice solid kick returns, he didn't look like he wanted to be there. Felt like he was doing what the coach/trainers told him to do (run hard), but his heart wasn't in it. Him jogging in the background when Sailor was looking for support was concerning. I think he may be more of a liability (on the field) at this point.

Also on Mozer, he can pass really well (those long passes seem like something we should try to take advantage of more), and he's got some nice deception around the ruck, but I think he still has a way to go before we put too much pressure on him with comparisons I.e. especially with his running and kicking game (he might just be keeping it simple for now).

No.

To be fair most footballers would fail that question.

I dunno, while Cobbo had some nice solid kick returns, he didn't look like he wanted to be there. Felt like he was doing what the coach/trainers told him to do (run hard), but his heart wasn't in it. Him jogging in the background when Sailor was looking for support was concerning. I think he may be more of a liability (on the field) at this point.

Also on Mozer, he can pass really well (those long passes seem like something we should try to take advantage of more), and he's got some nice deception around the ruck, but I think he still has a way to go before we put too much pressure on him with comparisons I.e. especially with his running and kicking game (he might just be keeping it simple for now).
I watched a replay of this moment .
I think it is a very harsh criticism.. There are least 3 opposition players between Sailor and Cobbo when he looked for support. He is quick but he ain't Hussain Bolt ...

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.