Sharks under investigation for salary cap breaches

There's too much noise for this to be an oversight.

This was intentional.

There's too much noise for this to be an oversight.

This was intentional.

Oversights would be when players perform well, get performance and/or rep bonuses, which push them over the cap.

Grey areas would be external third-party payments that were declared as such, but the NRL deem them to have been conditional to the player playing for X club, therefore it should be counted on the cap.

Inflating another staff member's wage, and having that person on-pay a player the extra amount, can not be anything other than intentional.

Oversights would be when players perform well, get performance and/or rep bonuses, which push them over the cap.

Grey areas would be external third-party payments that were declared as such, but the NRL deem them to have been conditional to the player playing for X club, therefore it should be counted on the cap.

Inflating another staff member's wage, and having that person on-pay a player the extra amount, can not be anything other than intentional.

Nah. They just went with the 7/11 payment process. We pay you, you pay us back.

So unambiguously obvious I can't believe it needs to be said - but seemingly it does

I'm waiting for the name to drop.....apparently a member of the 2016 grand final side who has since left the bluc....Bird/Barba, who wants odds?

I thought it was a player who’s still with them?

Morks - from https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/6826d6ee33b2a00ba24dbde0984d6d58 - Hooper reckons “The player that they initially reported the irregularity about is no longer at the club. I can tell you, the player they identified the irregularity around was part of the 2016 premiership winning team, he did the lap of honour with the Sharks after they won the competition."

All still speculation at this point, but I suspect where there's smoke, there's fire........

Morks - from https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/6826d6ee33b2a00ba24dbde0984d6d58 - Hooper reckons “The player that they initially reported the irregularity about is no longer at the club. I can tell you, the player they identified the irregularity around was part of the 2016 premiership winning team, he did the lap of honour with the Sharks after they won the competition."

All still speculation at this point, but I suspect where there's smoke, there's fire........

Interesting. Though there is supposedly two payments in question, one in 2015, another in 2017.

On my phone now, but article quoted in 3rd post of this thread includes:

“The original tip-off may have involved an undisclosed third party payment to a player as far back as 2015. That player is still at the club.”

Cronulla cheating again....?

Thats hard to believe.

Wait for another drugs scandal involving Gallen lol

**** I hope they take the premiership.
Never going to happen ha ha. They may get a 500k fine and some other bits but you know the Sharks are teflon coated!

I know, but I have so many mates I would need to inform if they did!
Yes, they're not popular around here and quite a few just can't forgive me for liking them before the Broncos were born. Nobody was really concerned about them before they became a force in recent years and old beliefs persisted (we'll smash the sharks, they're easybeats) for a long time. Still, **** em, they've got all the sympathy they're getting from me since they won a gf.

Yes, they're not popular around here and quite a few just can't forgive me for liking them before the Broncos were born. Nobody was really concerned about them before they became a force in recent years and old beliefs persisted (we'll smash the sharks, they're easybeats) for a long time. Still, **** em, they've got all the sympathy they're getting from me since they won a gf.
But the question must remain forever now - did they win it fair and square?

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.