Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Kaz said:
bianc said:
To this day The Chief says he didn't drive through the night with the team (Knights)and get payed to get them signed ARL.....Don't believe him myself.
Anyone read the book?

I think I read two or three chapters & found about 5 lies/mistakes in it & gave up reading it.

What is the Title of the book you are talking about?

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I think it's called One Perfect Day

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So, what's Mundine's caper? Does he want the Salary Cap scrapped so he can come back and play for more $$$, or do the Agents want the Salary Cap scrapped so their is a bigger slice of the pie? Is this what it is boiling down too? Sonny & Weidler are their puppets.....

does anybody know? Im just speculating...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
My impression is that Nasser is nothing but a mob boss and a thug. I reckon he does a lot more than just (mis)manage "athletes". They simply give him notoriety.

I suspect he cottoned on to Mundine because of his relationship with Weidler, meaning Nasser could push his agenda in the press easily via Mundine.

And then $BW shaped as a big prize scalp, again earning notoriety "look at me I snared the most well known and highest profile league player".

I suspect Nasser would be a bit nervous about court action taking place because it might reveal a bit more about his business activities than he wants people to know.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So how did he get in Mundine's ear? What is he plugging to them that would get them on his side? Sonny & Weidler I understand, money talks.

But what carrot is he dangling in front of Mundine?

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Mundine gets publicity. Without that he would wither and die!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Money talks to Mundine more than anything else in the world.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
[icon_non How could I forget.

Shame they had to use the kid, unless like Weidler hinted at he's been told he only has a season or 2 left in his knees.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Weidler used Mundine too. It was very much a parasitic relationship. Weidler's "journalism" career only really leapt forward having Mundine use him as his "exclusive" contact.

And in turn it let Mundine push his agenda with the RL selectors etc, and then make a big song and dance about his move to boxing.

Note: Mundine did the same thing $BW did with his contract. The Dragons chose not to pursue him far.

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008
Hammo said:
Kaz said:
bianc said:
To this day The Chief says he didn't drive through the night with the team (Knights)and get payed to get them signed ARL.....Don't believe him myself.
Anyone read the book?

I think I read two or three chapters & found about 5 lies/mistakes in it & gave up reading it.

What is the Title of the book you are talking about?

Super League The Inside Story
Mike Coleman author.

Good read but the money talk is pretty sickening.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The best player in rugby gets 1 mill a season, SBW would of been on 700k EASILY here, (sponsorship + his 525k salary) so in reality he's not getting any more money there BUT Nasser will be getting a slice of the pie now.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently Gallen has come out and said he would jump at any opportunity to play French Onion on decent coin. Now that would be a defection worth celebrating.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Apparently Gallen has come out and said he would jump at any opportunity to play French Onion on decent coin. Now that would be a defection worth celebrating.

Can we start up a fund to help pay for his airfare?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:

Can we start up a fund to help pay for his airfare?

lol I'm in!

But honestly, This looks worrying (not that I think it's that bad) but things need to be done so clubs can afford to raise the salary cap, not just raise it and send clubs broke.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
And to all those fools who tried to tell me that Rugby Union is tougher than Rugby League. Peter Fitzsimons, the most passionate Rugby Union fan in this country, just said that Rugby League is without the tougher game.

Note that comment was not directed at anyone here, but plenty have tried to fool me over the years.

B

Broncos08

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
I agree with you Rocky about number 2 on your list.

Sterlo was saying that the game has become way too predictable, and I agree with him.

But I think it all comes back to the coaching styles and night time footy as to why the game has became predictable.

There is only 2 sometimes 3 ( depending on when the Warriors play )day time games each round on A Sunday. I really look forward to Sunday arvo footy. Saturday arvo footy was also great back in the 80's and 90's.

I just think that we need more day time footy, so that our more skillful players can show their talent. Providing a better product on the field. And maybe some rules do need tweaking aswell.

And number 6 on your list. if I was a Tigers fan I would rather go to Leichardt on A Sunday Arvo than go to that shithole ANZ stadium and watch players on ice skates slip their way through a game on a greasy pitch

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Gallop has nothing to do with where the games are played, the clubs take them to Telstra because they can make more money due to the subsidies being payed.

This issue should be taken up by the fans with their clubs, and when the clubs say, ok, we'll have all the games at Leichardt but we'll have to charge an xtra $10 per person to make the same $ then see how many fans turn up.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Which all comes down to the NRL need to have more control over this stuff. As one of them said, it's ridiculous, the idiots are running the asylum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • john1420
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • levikaden
  • The Strapper
  • Tim K
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.