State of Origin 2022

Game 2, 2019.

We got dominated in that game because at that stage of the game when it was in the balance and both sides were in a grind trying to get over the top of their opponent, our big name players didn't stand up and he was one of them. In fact he barely touched the ball.

He had 20 receipts in that game and made less than 100 metres. Compare that to Holmes in Game 1, 2021 who had 40 receipts and made 146 metres. That was in a side that had 52 points put on them.

It highlights an issue with Ponga. He stands up when the side is getting over the top of NSW. But when the game is a struggle and we need our big name players to stand up, he goes missing and doesn't get involved as much as he should.

Reasonably decent isn't good enough for Origin. Not for Ponga.

We won 2020 without him. We don't need him.

I dont think either game was really in the balance. Its a massive stretch to try to be critical of Ponga in a game like that. We got dominated in both. I dont know why people get so carried away with running meters for fullbacks and wingers either. Its as bad as that XG nonsense in football. One break down the field and they can easily run for over 100 meters per game. The stats never tell you if they were tough runs for a start. They could all be easy meters. When we get some proper, detailed stats with some actual context i might start taking them seriously.

I dont think either game was really in the balance. Its a massive stretch to try to be critical of Ponga in a game like that. We got dominated in both. I dont know why people get so carried away with running meters for fullbacks and wingers either. Its as bad as that XG nonsense in football. One break down the field and they can easily run for over 100 meters per game. The stats never tell you if they were tough runs for a start. They could all be easy meters. When we get some proper, detailed stats with some actual context i might start taking them seriously.
If run metres was a requirement for fullbacks, Edwards would be fighting it out for the NSW/Aus jumper.

Run metres are important for some wingers, guys like To'o and Oates, but not everything.

So we definitely can’t get ranaldo in? Now nswrl have had their late minute block fun, seems like one of those players that is touch and go and should be allowed to play.

Cobbo in place for Coates surely, yeah Coates can look good being at Storm, but from how we have seen both at Broncos Cobbo is just better, even when he had bad games, he has alot more ball skills as well and is much more of a heads up style player ideal for origin.

Cobbo in place for Coates surely, yeah Coates can look good being at Storm, but from how we have seen both at Broncos Cobbo is just better, even when he had bad games, he has alot more ball skills as well and is much more of a heads up style player ideal for origin.
No no no no no. There is absolutely no need to rush Cobbo into Origin, he is barely ready for first grade. Shouldn't even be considered.

Nanai has pledged his allegiance to QLD.

He's in decent form, could be a bolter.

No no no no no. There is absolutely no need to rush Cobbo into Origin, he is barely ready for first grade. Shouldn't even be considered.

He just made the NSW/Australian winger look second rate.

Nanai has pledged his allegiance to QLD.

He's in decent form, could be a bolter.
I think he's a while off yet too, we have so many forward options.

Kaufusi, Fifita and Capewell will be the 3 fighting it out for the starting edge spots with the other on the bench with Arrow. Don't need any more edge options than that.

Following his centre in which are what wingers are supposed to do?
When he wasn't required. Watch the first try, Staggs had him covered and almost on the ground, but Cobbo still rushed in and left JAC open.

When he wasn't required. Watch the first try, Staggs had him covered and almost on the ground, but Cobbo still rushed in and left JAC open.

Sure, he made a mistake there but not the second one. I'm also not saying he should be in the Qld team but if its a choice between him and Coates, I'm going with Cobbo. If you think him coming in is bad, you remember Coates right?

Sure, he made a mistake there but not the second one. I'm also not saying he should be in the Qld team but if its a choice between him and Coates, I'm going with Cobbo. If you think him coming in is bad, you remember Coates right?
On current form, Oates should be back in the side.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncomax
  • MrMoore
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.