Storm Vs. Broncos Build Up Thread *Spoiler*

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Wow you sound cranky Coxy. Anyone would think that someone had just told you the result of a match before you started watching it [icon_shru [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, I'd be grateful. I'm ringing Ivan and asking him to give me that 2 hours of my life back.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Re: Storm Vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

Ghibli said:
What a joke. Their defence is useless, if I see Michaels go low on a player 5 meters out this season I'm going to kill him!!!!

Not so much he went low but he left his feet and didn't drive in.

Did anyone besides McGuire have the proper studs on? F Me they could barely stand up.

I can't beleive we go to Melb where you know its slippery and you know they play a really compressed D and the only plan you have is to go from D half and play straight into their hands, no changing of direction and hardly a pass inside our 30 - 40 mtr area.

Their was a big chance for some of our fringe dwellers to really stand up tonight and except for Mcguire they came up with a fail.
Big D Taylor is just a waste of time, so lazy when it matters most. A Carl Webb clone.
Sims, no.

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Man, that was really painful to watch, even Brett White got a line break, the Bronx were never going to win tonite even with a full squad but some of the guys didn't put in and couple others should never play first grade again, but they will. Does the club actually have a decent dummy half? I think not and tonite's performance proved to me what I've known all along that the Broncos are not serious title contenders at the moment and their pack is embarrassing. They'll come back stronger next week whether that converts into a victory vs. the red hot Dogs remains to be seen but I wouldn't rule it out, that's why I love rugby league because things can change in a blink of an eye. Let's hope that is the case next Friday nite.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Seriously, I'd be grateful.
Hmm.

Broncos very rarely turn up to play after a Queensland win, I think the only hope we had tonight was if Melbourne did the same thing. If they really put in next week then I'm willing to write this game off, but it wouldn't change the fact that their attitude in general this year has been worrying. We can only hope they're warming up to a big finish.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Jebus.......I got nothing.

Pitful, just pitful.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It would've been nice if we scored a double digit. :-(

Such a disappointing performance by the boys.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I had a weird feeling tonights game would be shocking. It seemed we just weren't interested, at all.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We're always shit in Melbourne, but usually solid....like constipation.

tonight we were soft....like diarrhoea.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bennett seemed to have the defence-attack balance correct... I think with Henjak our attack has taken priority and defence has suffered a bit. That said, we aren't woeful (well... we were tonight) but for the mostpart we are still not good enough. It definitely needs work.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
So crap my diasbled brother who i take to games will always come home and watch the replay turned it off and went to bed....
They just DID NOT TRY!!!
And I agree that weve probably won some games this year that we shouldnt have...
We need a better coach, and a serious additude adjustment if were to get anything but a repeat of tonights flogging against the dogs!
In all of our loses our defence has not been good enough...infact its just embarrasing!

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Couldn't help myself and ended up watching it - you know, staring at a car crash, etc.

I'm cursing myself as I type and going through a list in my head of all the more productive things I could've done in the last hour and a half.

Only a split second of it was worth watching and that was Lagi's special.

Hope they get served very warm beer tonight.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
rissi_gurl said:
So crap my diasbled brother who i take to games will always come home and watch the replay turned it off and went to bed....
They just DID NOT TRY!!!
And I agree that weve probably won some games this year that we shouldnt have...
We need a better coach, and a serious additude adjustment if were to get anything but a repeat of tonights flogging against the dogs!
In all of our loses our defence has not been good enough...infact its just embarrasing!

You're calling for a new coach already? Jesus.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ivan has his flaws, no doubt, but as a very inexperienced coach he has much to learn. That's often overlooked and taking that into consideration I don't think he's traveling all that badly. I think it's a bit harsh to lay the ultimate blame squarely at his feet just yet.

Quality of the coach aside, there is simply no excuse for the performance produced by the players tonight. Bugger the scoreboard and the other factors, I can't cop a Broncos team that overall won't have a go. As professionals, they don't need it to be the responsibility of the coach to ensure that they go out there each game and simply 'try'.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ethos said:
Absolutely dreadful.

Most disappointed in Wallace. He needed to step up with Lockyer out and to try and retain his NSW spot. Instead, he barely touched the ball in the first half.

First half was abysmal, all our runs were just one out.

In addition to Agreeing with the other posts here about attitude, defence etc etc. I think you make a key point about the Broncos so far this year, in that take Locky out of the team and there's really no worthwhile playmaker - everyone is all at sea.

Wallace is just not cutting it on enough occasions, and is lost without Lockyer.

The Broncos really are showing they are a 1-man team.

For mine, aside from the occasional combinations generated by Lockyer and involving Hunt, it's all been basically far too much one-out stuff.

So tonight it was a game that was really not all that much different to most of all our other ones - with the exception of Lockyer's playmaking brilliance and leadership.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Positives: I managed to sit through the whole thing.
Negatives: I managed to sit through the whole thing.

That was really woeful.

No heart, no desire, no passion, no enthusiasm. Everything was lacking.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
ethos said:
Absolutely dreadful.

Most disappointed in Wallace. He needed to step up with Lockyer out and to try and retain his NSW spot. Instead, he barely touched the ball in the first half.

First half was abysmal, all our runs were just one out.

In addition to Agreeing with the other posts here about attitude, defence etc etc. I think you make a key point about the Broncos so far this year, in that take Locky out of the team and there's really no worthwhile playmaker - everyone is all at sea.

Wallace is just not cutting it on enough occasions, and is lost without Lockyer.

The Broncos really are showing they are a 1-man team.

For mine, aside from the occasional combinations generated by Lockyer and involving Hunt, it's all been basically far too much one-out stuff.

So tonight it was a game that was really not all that much different to most of all our other ones - with the exception of Lockyer's playmaking brilliance and leadership.

Lockyer only would have made so much difference mate. Our forwards got rolled tonight, and the attitude of the whole team was just shit. Something seemed wrong tonight, we really looked like we didn't care which just seemed strange to me.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • phoenix
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.