OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

Guys, we need to accept Carrigan will be out until finals. The NRL will want him back for that as he is marketable but they also know that the Broncos never challenge, so it is an easy option for them to come down hard on.

The flip side is, we get to see Hetherington with an extended run in the 13 jersey.

by referring him straight to the Judiciary, the NRL have forced the club to challenge ... quite possibly making them look like fools in the process.

they would have been smarter to hit him with a grade 3

It wasn't a good looking tackle and a dreadful injury for Hastings.... but I have a real hard time accepting any argument that Carrigan should be suspended for more than the 5 weeks Cleary just got for a tackle that could potentially paralyse or even kill a person.

Bit concerning he’s still failing concussion tests
It was a really heavy knock, I'm not surprised tbh. He's probably feeling fine and right to play but has some neuro stuff just outside his baseline range and settling back down. He definitely won't want to do it again for a while though, that's for sure.
Looked like Grade 3, not Grade 1 concussion to me. He was out cold.

Hip drop .
As per Annesleys presentation .
It wasn't a good looking tackle and a dreadful injury for Hastings.... but I have a real hard time accepting any argument that Carrigan should be suspended for more than the 5 weeks Cleary just got for a tackle that could potentially paralyse or even kill a person.

Cleary had a previous offence which meant upgrade of charge .
Patty is a clean skin as far as I know .

Funny side line to the hip drop was James Tamou abusing the ref and giving a penalty .
Then the bunker over ruling and giving the Tigers a penalty instead .

Ridiculous it's even a thing. Carrigan isn't looking in the direction of Hastings right leg, he couldn't know it's location. It was merely an accident. Getting a long stretch is plainly insane and I'd hope the review committee acts sensibly and gives a still unjust but shorter sentence.

Dallas Johnson and Bob Lindner should know all that.

It was a pretty nasty tackle, I would be filthy if one of our players broke their leg like that. But I am sure the punishment will be wildly inconsistent as always.

I'm okay with the NRL trying to stamp this tackle out with large suspensions. It's an almost guaranteed leg break, which might not be life threatening but is a **** of thing, as you would know if you've ever had one.

Maybe it will take this level of punishment to get players to rule it out of their box of tricks. Would a one week ban do it? I don't think it would.

Sucks for Patty, and sucks for us to lose him, but if the NRL are able to reduce the number of broken legs it will be a win for the players.

I presume Patty's lawyer will argue he didn't intend to break his leg, or he didn't know he was on his ankle, but I'm not sure that makes any difference. You would have to be a ginormous **** to do it deliberately, and we all know Patty is anything but that.

Swings off the hips and lands on the legs .
Accidental but fulfils the criteria for hip drop .

I keep coming back to the Mums and Dads watching .
Do they want their kids to be playing a game where the potential to be paralysed or crippled is present .

Take into account kids and the thousands of amateurs who play don`t have the worlds best doctors treating them like NRL players . A knee injury may mean waiting for elective surgery . A back injury may mean NDIS ...

Every week we see hands between the legs and lifts . Just that they don`t go wrong . Lifting is not allowed in junior footy . So when you turn 18 get ready for some lift and drive action .

Jazz tevaga got 2 weeks for his on Carrigan against the warriors earlier in the season which injured Carrigans knee.
It was a cannonball tackle which I believe is more intentional than Pattys tackle was.

I'm okay with the NRL trying to stamp this tackle out with large suspensions. It's an almost guaranteed leg break, which might not be life threatening but is a **** of thing, as you would know if you've ever had one.

Maybe it will take this level of punishment to get players to rule it out of their box of tricks. Would a one week ban do it? I don't think it would.

Sucks for Patty, and sucks for us to lose him, but if the NRL are able to reduce the number of broken legs it will be a win for the players.

I presume Patty's lawyer will argue he didn't intend to break his leg, or he didn't know he was on his ankle, but I'm not sure that makes any difference. You would have to be a ginormous **** to do it deliberately, and we all know Patty is anything but that.

I agree and am comfortable with longer bans for it too. The issue is the Cleary tackle only getting 5 weeks (and only with prior loading) when the risks of that tackle are so much worse.

It was a pretty nasty tackle, I would be filthy if one of our players broke their leg like that. But I am sure the punishment will be wildly inconsistent as always.
Inconsistent can be okay if subsequent penalties are correcting in the right direction.

I think it's the actions of the two over the top that end up leading to the injury more so than Pat doing a hip drop... he basically controls the legs, but the other two then drive back over the top.

I dont really know what they were thinking with that action... even if Hastings doesnt get injured, Pat would end up underneath everyone and likely out of the next play because he's trapped in the ruck

I agree and am comfortable with longer bans for it too. The issue is the Cleary tackle only getting 5 weeks (and only with prior loading) when the risks of that tackle are so much worse.
5 weeks is still a pretty severe ban, and it was also an early plea. No one at the Panthers objected, including his old man.

I think it's the actions of the two over the top that end up leading to the injury more so than Pat doing a hip drop... he basically controls the legs, but the other two then drive back over the top.
Very true, but if the two going over the top were included in the penalty imagine the howling over it. Patty should take the fall because without him it's just another gang tackle.

It was a bad tackle and a suspension should happen but the issue, is it always is, is inconsistency. I don't think anyone would genuinely have an issue if every tackle of this type received a decent suspension.

The issue here is the stupidity of the MRC. We are all about inclusivity but having someone who cannot even see straight as your MRC Coordinator is obviously a massive detriment to your ability to do your job well.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.