Tesi Niu

Yeah but Tedesco was at the tigers was kind of like Cobbo at his best. He was a brilliant runner and defensive fullback. It was his ball playing that lacked and his ability to work in a solid structure.

Teddy was one of the most hyped juniors coming through and it was always just considered a matter of time for him to be a super star. Injuries just kept delaying his start.

I’m not sure I can recall a player who was so universally agreed would be top tier. Maybe Haas?

I'd say the ones who have universally hyped up that I am aware of are/were:

Inglis
Mitchell
Hodges
Cobbo (now)
Tedesco
D.Taylor
Haas
Fifita
TTurbo
Filiga (now there's a cautionary tale)
Dugan
Walker
Murray
Cleary
Crichton
Staines (funnily enough)
Tallis

I think everyone needs to chill for a bit. Tesi is 20. This side needs stability and needs to continue to grow. Stop with this Herbie to fullback shit. Tesi is the most untrustworthy player and even kevvie had more faith in him than Herbie last year to play fullback. This side isn’t winning a premiership and isn’t coming close to it this year. For mine I’d rather come 10th with a far better developed side, than a finals berth we don’t deserve and a game we get heartbroken in cause we lose 40-0 with stop gaps playing half our positions cause the fans and coaching staff were to impatient. Tesi stays for mine and there is not a single player in our squad who comes close to him at the fullback position. Regardless of how shit he has been, in a trial against a b side Cobbo looked horrendous especially defensively, not to mention Herbie who hasn’t played there in 6 years and I heard some dense **** say he played fullback for England against France in the u16’s like we were supposed to be impressed. Tesi has issues no doubt but **** me what does this side get out of shifting the side just so another incompetent player can come develop at fullback. If one has to do it I would rather the 20 year old Tesi over the bloke who hasn’t even nailed down his wing spot at this level and the bloke who hasn’t really ever properly played fullback. By using the junior footy argument you could put half our side in the halves for **** sakes cause I’m sure you will find that’s where a lot of them played at one stage.

Yeah but Tedesco was at the tigers was kind of like Cobbo at his best. He was a brilliant runner and defensive fullback. It was his ball playing that lacked and his ability to work in a solid structure.

Teddy was one of the most hyped juniors coming through and it was always just considered a matter of time for him to be a super star. Injuries just kept delaying his start.

I’m not sure I can recall a player who was so universally agreed would be top tier. Maybe Haas?

Teddy signed with the Raiders too, then backflipped before R13 and said I want to stay at the Tigers a week later.

Fancy someone wanting to be at the Tigers.

Inglis
Mitchell
Hodges
Cobbo (now)
Tedesco
D.Taylor
Haas
Fifita
TTurbo
Dugan
Walker
Murray
Cleary
Crichton
Staines (funnily enough)
Tallis

A lot of those players weren't hyped up at all, there was no way to hype them up at the time.

Inglis was playing Colts in 2004 and 6 ISC games and Queensland U17. No 360, no social media.

You went to the game or got to see a Norths game on ABC.

Reddy got Tallis a trial at the Dragons and he played all of 92 in U21 he went down there for nothing wasn't any hype about Tallis. After the 92 U21 GF Ricketts interviewed him and wrote a sort of why aren't you at the Broncos piece- Broncos went nuts and were going to ban him from their players- not for the first time either. It took until after the Grand Final for him to do his first interview!

Bunn got Hodges for $500 on a scholarship from the Crushers when they went belly up- no one else wanted him.

Players could fly under the radar for years. Lockyer was playing U19 in 1995 and wouldn't have been a word spoken about him, he played Reserve grade the same day he made his NRL debut off the bench and even missed training the week of his debut because he got confused- media would be all over that now.

"Hype" was different before 10 years ago, it was just guys at the game watching Colts being impressed and word of mouth.

It didn't stop the journos from hyping GI up. Even before he'd made his QCup debut, journos were comparing him to Peachey which was a huge compliment at the time and once he went to FB for Norths he was one of the biggest stars Melbourne had. The journos had basically set a stopwatch in anticipation of his debut and you couldn't go a 2005 Season Preview without his name being mentioned.

Teddy was a stand-out but not at that level. He actually paled in comparison to Curtis Sironen and David Nofoaluma and Teddy's selection in the opening game of 2012 was seen as ballsy. One of those situations where 'well, the club really rates him'. He wouldn't really begin turning heads until 2014 and that's when it occurred to fans that Sheensy may have been onto something.

A couple more for Sproj's list

Ben Jones
Greg Waddell
Jacob Miller
Beau Henry
Maipele Morseau
Tyrone Phillips
Kris Keating
Jermaine Ale
Damon Alley-Tovio
Aaron Barba
Shannon Walker
Harry Siejka
Mitch Cornish

It didn't stop the journos from hyping GI up. Even before he'd made his QCup debut, journos were comparing him to Peachey which was a huge compliment at the time and once he went to FB for Norths he was one of the biggest stars Melbourne had. The journos had basically set a stopwatch in anticipation of his debut and you couldn't go a 2005 Season Preview without his name being mentioned.

Teddy was a stand-out but not at that level. He actually paled in comparison to Curtis Sironen and David Nofoaluma and Teddy's selection in the opening game of 2012 was seen as ballsy. One of those situations where 'well, the club really rates him'. He wouldn't really begin turning heads until 2014 and that's when it occurred to fans that Sheensy may have been onto something.

Ben Jones
Greg Waddell
Jacob Miller
Beau Henry
Maipele Morseau
Tyrone Phillips
Kris Keating
Jermaine Ale
Damon Alley-Tovio
Aaron Barba
Shannon Walker
Harry Siejka
Mitch Cornish
I think even in the day and age of social media Patty Carrigan was being hyped by a few people I knew on his way through to the first team. This may well be because i knew a couple of people who know of him and followed his career. But I'd say he was pretty highly spoken of before he made first grade.

Ben Jones
Greg Waddell
Jacob Miller
Beau Henry
Maipele Morseau
Tyrone Phillips
Kris Keating
Jermaine Ale
Damon Alley-Tovio
Aaron Barba
Shannon Walker
Harry Siejka
Mitch Cornish

You, and others have all missed Palmer Wapau!

Inglis
Mitchell
Hodges
Cobbo (now)
Tedesco
D.Taylor
Haas
Fifita
TTurbo
Dugan
Walker
Murray
Cleary
Crichton
Staines (funnily enough)
Tallis
Suaalii, Moses Suli

Ben Jones
Greg Waddell
Jacob Miller
Beau Henry
Maipele Morseau
Tyrone Phillips
Kris Keating
Jermaine Ale
Damon Alley-Tovio
Aaron Barba
Shannon Walker
Harry Siejka
Mitch Cornish

Yes I totally forgot Shannon Walker but yeah, his speed had everyone in the media going gaga.

Ben Jones
Greg Waddell
Jacob Miller
Beau Henry
Maipele Morseau
Tyrone Phillips
Kris Keating
Jermaine Ale
Damon Alley-Tovio
Aaron Barba
Shannon Walker
Harry Siejka
Mitch Cornish

I was at the Colts GF in 04 when he scored a try and kicked six goals against Easts and Norths won by 40- funnily enough that was his last Colts game ever.

I learnt a long time ago, you don't question 1910, you could all morph into a Japanese Bronco Info mech bot and he would still slap yas in normal power ranger form.

Also if he sent an email, I am sure someone would read it.

Tesi.....again mirroring Idroppo

Father passed away early in the year and he's still struggling with it.

Tesi.....again mirroring Idroppo

Father passed away early in the year and he's still struggling with it.

I am sure it was a devastating thing for him to experience but seriously, his job is to play footy for 80 minutes every week and obviously train hard and all that.

He's not sucking because his father passed away.

Trade Niu for Dufty?
Both are in poor form and are at the outer in their respective clubs. Both players are poor defensively but Dufty has speed and better at attacking. Broncos also benefit by getting rid of Niu's 2 year contract with Dufty's expiring contract ending this season. Dogs benefit by saving salary if Niu is on a cheaper contract and they may view him as having more upside potential.
Take a look at the last 10 years of premiership sides and you'll see names like Tedesco, Slater, Inglis, Papenhuyzen and Barba — Dally M winners, Clive Churchill Medal claimers, Origin regulars, future Immortals, the whole deal.

You'll also see, right at the end of the line, Penrith's Dylan Edwards.

Take a look at the last 10 years of premiership sides and you'll see names like Tedesco, Slater, Inglis, Papenhuyzen and Barba — Dally M winners, Clive Churchill Medal claimers, Origin regulars, future Immortals, the whole deal.

You'll also see, right at the end of the line, Penrith's Dylan Edwards.

Edwards is severely underrated. He does everything really well, he just isn't as flashy at TTurbo, Paps or Teddy. I'd take him at the Broncs in a heartbeat. He supports everything, he's unselfish, he's extremely safe and he does a mountain of work.

Edwards is severely underrated. He does everything really well, he just isn't as flashy at TTurbo, Paps or Teddy. I'd take him at the Broncs in a heartbeat. He supports everything, he's unselfish, he's extremely safe and he does a mountain of work.

In some ways he is the new Darius Boyd. Pretty good at everything, but doesn't quite have that little bit extra the elite fullbacks have.

He wouldn't work for us, he can be a solid option for Penrith because they've got the best ball playing lock in the comp, best halfback.. etc, their hooker and 5/8 aren't too bad either.

They actually need nothing from Edwards in terms of creativity, that's not what we need.

He would turn into a scapegoat here for the price we'd have to pay to get him.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Lozza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.