Tesi Niu

I'd call the Dogs and say look, we will take on 200k of his contract for the next two years, take it or leave it. If they say nah we want more, you walk away.

I think they're struggling for cap space so they'd probably be interested.

In the junior grades we used to pick our fullback by the coach used to put up bombs and that's how we would trial for the position.
The first thing a Fullback needs to be good at is catching the high ball and be safe back there thats their first job. Your second most important job is talk, being able to organise the defence and getting into the right position to stop tries.
Has me stumped how a bloke can be a NRL fullback without being able to do this because in under 14s if we couldn't do this we weren't the fullback.

In the junior grades we used to pick our fullback by the coach used to put up bombs and that's how we would trial for the position.
The first thing a Fullback needs to be good at is catching the high ball and be safe back there thats their first job. Your second most important job is talk, being able to organise the defence and getting into the right position to stop tries.
Has me stumped how a bloke can be a NRL fullback without being able to do this because in under 14s if we couldn't do this we weren't the fullback.
Who was kicking the torpedo bombs ?

As much as Isaako is a rubbish fire at fullback he would be a far better option than Selwyn at the moment.

I really hope we have made good use of the cash he freed up because it has really made Kev’s job harder as coach. We have no FB options better than him atm.

As much as Isaako is a rubbish fire at fullback he would be a far better option than Selwyn at the moment.

I really hope we have made good use of the cash he freed up because it has really made Kev’s job harder as coach. We have no FB options better than him atm.
Did you watch Isaako play on the Wk end ?
Couldn`t hold the ball .

Cobbo has many more positives .

Interesting pattern starting to emerge regarding our points conceded this season and Tesi Niu being at fullback.

Average conceded: 19.6
Average with Tesi Niu: 26.4
Average without Tesi Niu: 8.3

Round - Fullback (points conceded)
Round 1 - Isaako (4)
Round 2 - Niu (10)
Round 3 - Niu (38)
Round 4 - Niu (20)
Round 5 - Niu (24)
Round 6 - Niu (40)
Round 7 - Martin (14)
Round 8 - Martin (7)

Interesting pattern starting to emerge regarding our points conceded this season and Tesi Niu being at fullback.

Average conceded: 19.6
Average with Tesi Niu: 26.4
Average without Tesi Niu: 8.3

Round - Fullback (points conceded)
Round 1 - Isaako (4)
Round 2 - Niu (10)
Round 3 - Niu (38)
Round 4 - Niu (20)
Round 5 - Niu (24)
Round 6 - Niu (40)
Round 7 - Martin (14)
Round 8 - Martin (7)
He probably doesn’t know how to organise the defence or is too quiet to tell guys where to go. Why did the broncos go all in on him?

He probably doesn’t know how to organise the defence or is too quiet to tell guys where to go. Why did the broncos go all in on him?

Its interesting you say that. In the post game thread against the Sharkies, i mentioned that Capwell made the comment about how it was good to have a fullback who could organise. Found that quite telling.

If by 'all in' you mean we signed him to a cheap deal as a stopgap until the guy we've gone all in on becomes the long term fullback, because the guy we actually went all in on walked out the door last year

Active Now

• Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tim K
  • simplythebest
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Skathen
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brotherdu
  • RodF
  • Redux
  • Wolfie
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.