That was the biggest rort in Origin history

Which part about "at his best" did you not understand?

Should've known better than to try to debate with AP, my bad...
:wall:

firstly thats Queenslander, not me.

secondly, you didnt say "at his best". here is your quote:

Now let's talk defense, you know... the stuff that wins games and titles.
Oh wait, Taylor has no work ethic and is a liability. Gillett wins by KO in any aspect of the defense.

Game, set, match. :loser:

thirdly, how would you even remotely know what each of their best is? all we can go on is what we've seen - and what we've seen Taylor do in his career is better than what we've seen Gillett do in his. Gilletts last few games have been laughable, especially in defense. he has been a turnstile.

you dont try and debate with me, you try and make up "facts" without anything to back them up whatsoever, then stick your head in the sand and repeatedly say that youve won the argument.

"And speed is something where Gillett has Taylor well and truly covered." - proof?
"Kicking game? Both have a relatively good kicking game for forwards." - again, has Gillett even done a kick in general play in his NRL career? taylor has done many, a few resulting in tries for himself or others. proof of gilletts kicking game?
"Offloads? Both have a dangerous offload, but while Gillett's generally find a team mate, Taylor's can land pretty much anywhere. " - proof? surely youve gone and compiled a list of all their offloads and how many resulted in handovers for each player, right?
"They're both okay under the high ball, but I'd say Gillett has a slight edge as he doesn't have to lift 122 Kgs when jumping." - proof?
"Gillett wins by KO in any aspect of the defense." - proof? 2012 form says youre wrong.

Last edited:
firstly thats Queenslander, not me.
Yes, the heading in the quoted part said so, and it was directed at him.

The second part was directed at you. Debating with you is akin to headbutting a brick wall.
Actually I take that back, I prefer headbutting a brick wall, so please... Take a hint!

P.S. Feel free to brag about winning the debate to all your friends... on whichever planet they live. Oh, and the imaginary ones too!

Yes, the heading in the quoted part said so, and it was directed at him.

The second part was directed at you. Debating with you is akin to headbutting a brick wall.
Actually I take that back, I prefer headbutting a brick wall, so please... Take a hint!

P.S. Feel free to brag about winning the debate to all your friends... on whichever planet they live. Oh, and the imaginary ones too!

i agree, to you it must be like headbutting a brick wall because no matter how much rubbish you make up you still dont win.

I have a massive gripe with the 20 restart when Jennings obviously knocked it out of Tate's hands. It was a try otherwise. The other one was when Myth Pearce knocked down that Hodges offload.

However, we played ****ing shithouse and probably didn't deserve to win.

However, we played ****ing shithouse and probably didn't deserve to win.

As much as I'm giving the refs rubbish for their inept performance, this is all it comes down to for me as well. We played terribly and didn't deserve to even have a chance to win. If the refs hadve made the right decisions we might have won. We still wouldn't have deserved it though.

Clearly you havent been reading my posts then, coz I have mentioned numerous times how bad taylor was and how he is obviously overawed.

The real "knee jerkers" on here don't read any post in it's entirety. They skim the parts they want and go crazy.

The real "knee jerkers" on here don't read any post in it's entirety. They skim the parts they want and go crazy.
Oh, you mean like you just did?

Some of us are told by admins to not read AP's posts though ;-)

lol at calling it a knee jerk.

to be a knee jerk it has to be a spur of the moment thing.

No. I read QUEENSLANDER's post in it's entirety.
Congratulations! You win the kettle and are through to the next round, where you can win... The Pot!

Congratulations! You win the kettle and are through to the next round, where you can win... The Pot!

Your witty remarks confuse me.

Either you're confused at what I was hinting at or I'm confused at what you think I was hinting at. I'm guessing the former.

Either you're confused at what I was hinting at or I'm confused at what you think I was hinting at. I'm guessing the former.

Porthoz clearly has no idea Hammo. Have you read his "Gillett is a much better player in every way than Taylor" dribble?

Last edited:

I took exception at your original post, and replied to it in the same tone. However, if it wasn't a sarcastic remark about me not reading Queenslander's posts, I take it back.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ailure-at-origin/story-e6frexv9-1226397160665

Looks like mal saw just what most of us saw.

I love that te'o is being considered.

its good that theyre actually looking at making what BHQ would call "knee jerk unnecessary" changes. poor form for a number of matches in a row doesnt mean you should just keep your spot because of loyalty. you do that, you get a whole team of woefully out of form past their used by date players.

Te'o and Barba are musts for game 3 IMO. having said that, Bowen played the house down last night, and just seeing his combination with Thurston, that is something that Queensland are sorely missing this year. from what i saw of the bulldogs/saints game last night, barba also played excellently. saw one 60-odd metre line break from a kick return that was just all sheer speed and elusiveness - both of which QLD have had none of so far.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.