The “I forgot he played for us” Thread

Still can’t believe we missed JT because we thought he was too small, idiots.
Well that and he had some baggage off-field. The Bulldogs never really got a return on investment, they put the work in only for the Cowboys to reap the rewards.

To be fair, the Cowboys themselves had put the young work into a young kid from Mt Isa who was considered a special talent. They fast tracked his development into the NRL, only for the Broncos to sign him.

Well that and he had some baggage off-field. The Bulldogs never really got a return on investment, they put the work in only for the Cowboys to reap the rewards.

To be fair, the Cowboys themselves had put the young work into a young kid from Mt Isa who was considered a special talent. They fast tracked his development into the NRL, only for the Broncos to sign him.

I never realised Derrick Watkins was considered a special talent.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Speaking of, Watkins is a player who I forgot played for us but given he only played 4 games I imagine most people have also.

Michael Ennis! He is more fondly remembered for winning a premiership at the sharks and played most of his career at the Bulldogs but completely forget he was even a player here

Michael Ennis! He is more fondly remembered for winning a premiership at the sharks and played most of his career at the Bulldogs but completely forget he was even a player here
Really? He was excellent in 2008. He, Lockyer, Wallace, Hunt (and Kemp) made it one of the most exciting non-premiership seasons in Broncos history IMO. Kind of hard to forget for me personally.

Scott Prince..

He did play for us for while didnt he?

Scott Prince..

He did play for us for while didnt he?

He did until he blew a knee I think it was just as he started looking like he was going to dominate. He then went to the Tigers and the rest is history.

He actually broke his leg when someone dived on it as he was kicking.

And my workmate was in the crowd when it happened and he said it sounded like a tree branch snapping.

But remember Prince played for us again, the last game of the season was against the Bulldogs (the year before Barba joined us, he had signed by that point but was playing against us), I remember Prince making a last-ditch 1-on-1 try-saver in the corner that secured us the victory.

It probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but does anyone have a 1 game player that stands out the most?
For me it was Alwyn Simpson. He didn't really do anything, it was just memorable that he made his debut in a finals game and the Broncos got thwacked by the Storm. Broncos were absolutely smashed by injuries that year but were really gutsy up until the final. Actually that year made me think Steve Michaels would turn out to be a gun (which he might have been if it wasn't for his injury the year after) .

It probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but does anyone have a 1 game player that stands out the most?
For me it was Alwyn Simpson. He didn't really do anything, it was just memorable that he made his debut in a finals game and the Broncos got thwacked by the Storm. Broncos were absolutely smashed by injuries that year but were really gutsy up until the final. Actually that year made me think Steve Michaels would turn out to be a gun (which he might have been if it wasn't for his injury the year after) .
Played 2 games but Fraser Anderson sticks out to me for some reason, can't remember how he played

Played 2 games but Fraser Anderson sticks out to me for some reason, can't remember how he played
I couldn't blame you. He actually had some hype about him during the 2006 pre-season, but it wouldn't make his debut until the Origin period. His debut came against a South Sydney side that was running dead last at 0-13. Souths won convincingly that night in easily the Broncos worst performance of the season.

Then in his second game he was up against a young Brett Morris. Brisbane had all but won the game despite a stack of injuries until Thaiday spilled it coming out of trouble. Brisbane defended the set until the last play where they chipped it over to Morris who beat Anderson in the air, then turned his body to the ground.

Aaron Gorrell in the biggest play of his career nailed it from the sideline, and the Broncos lost it in a heart-breaker.

In the same game I'm pretty sure Ben Creagh either threw or scored off one of the worst forward passes you'll see. It was just about the same area where Turbo would throw a similar pass some 11 years later.

Alwyn is a great shout. His selection felt like a desperate plea from the club. Look how rooted we are! We're selecting the most obscure player imaginable on the wing!

It wasn't even the wildest selection of the afternoon either - Slammim Sam had to come in for TC and play 5/8!

I don't understand why it had to be Simpson either. I'm pretty sure Brisbane still had a stack of players who had been at the club for years and never got their chance. It really seemed like Bennett rated the Dolphins more than his Clydesdales.

I have a few memorable 1 and outs, but Broncos #200 Jordan Drew is the pick. Two tries, was considered the 'better' prospect over Opacic. Tom goes onto play 83 NRL games, Drew goes to Cronulla aka the Bermuda Triangle and is never heard of again.

Corey Parker. The way he talks about us on fox I keep thinking he’s a Sydney boy.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  • Alec
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Inside pass
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Locky24
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.