The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the Pro column when it comes to Milford at 6.

he has always played in the halves until he got to top grade so it's not unfamiliar to him, that is where he made his name and To me fullback is a more stressful position these days than five-eighth especially the toll on a young players confidence if a mistake is made. So we have the solid Darius Boyd at the back. He won't be overworked in setting up plays because Ben Hunt has proven he handles the large majority of that and he just needs a little back up in options. So all Milford has to do is stand there in chime in with his X-factor when he wants to. Really it's a pretty sweet set up for any young half

When it comes to his potential rep career chances being restricted, I think any man doing a solid job while wearing the Broncos number 6 jersey will always have attention from selectors.

What is exciting is that Ben Hunt can take on the line of the fourth and if he gets tackled we don't have to groan and see a ruined 5th option play, we will have a just as lethal option it's exciting

He's a confirmed nuffie imho

He's been in first grade for a while now. He's absolutely terrible.

Waddell made his debut in 2009 but has only played 70-odd games. I don't know much about him but the figures don't add up - was he injured or was it a Granville situation (had potential but just couldn't get a decent opportunity regardless of the form of the preferred incumbent?)

If he can pass off the ground, I'm sold.

was he injured or was it a Granville situation (had potential but just couldn't get a decent opportunity regardless of the form of the preferred incumbent?)

Neither of those really, he's not very good, but somehow finds his way into NRL squads and gets playing time when there's an injury or suspension.

I highly doubt he'll ever be a first grade calibre hooker, but in terms of a stop-gap if something happens to McCullough, he'll do.

Neither of those really, he's not very good, but somehow finds his way into NRL squads and gets playing time when there's an injury or suspension.

I highly doubt he'll ever be a first grade calibre hooker, but in terms of a stop-gap if something happens to McCullough, he'll do.

I hope Parcell is able to fill in, sounds like a gun in the making.

After Boyd signs with the club, I think Bennet will pick this squad:
1- Boyd
2- Barba
3- Copley
4- Hodges
5- Vidot
6- Milford
7- Hunt
8- Mguire
9- Macca
10- Parker
11- Glenn
12- Thaiday
13-Gillet
14- Oates
15- Gavet
16- Reed
17- Garbutt

People who will miss out Eden, Ofahengaue, Lowrie, Stagg

Reason for the team: Andrew can play 80mins now at hooker so why would bennet choose a backup on the bench. Barba is too much of their salary cap to be left out of the team so he might put him wing or centre. This reed has played a few games in the backrow to make the transition there, im guessing Bennet will apply that. Though I believe Ofahengaue might make the 17

After Boyd signs with the club, I think Bennet will pick this squad:
1- Boyd
2- Barba
3- Copley
4- Hodges
5- Vidot
6- Milford
7- Hunt
8- Mguire
9- Macca
10- Parker
11- Glenn
12- Thaiday
13-Gillet
14- Oates
15- Gavet
16- Reed
17- Garbutt

People who will miss out Eden, Ofahengaue, Lowrie, Stagg

Reason for the team: Andrew can play 80mins now at hooker so why would bennet choose a backup on the bench. Barba is too much of their salary cap to be left out of the team so he might put him wing or centre. This reed has played a few games in the backrow to make the transition there, im guessing Bennet will apply that. Though I believe Ofahengaue might make the 17

Welcome, nice first post.

Personally I don't really think Reed offers anything off the bench and would replace him with Ofahengaue.

Reed has to be in the team somewhere they won't just drop him

I can't see Barba on the wing. But I've been wrong before lol

Barba definitely won't be on the wing, he's far too small to be a winger in this day and age, he COULD slide in at centre, but he'd have to probably add about another 5KG of pure muscle and spend the entire off-season working with his wing partner getting their combination down, especially in defence.

I don't think Barbas price tag will guarantee him a spot. If there's a player better suited to the position they'll get picked over him regardless. The total cost of a squad doesn't effect the score. He'll only get a spot if Bennet thinks he's the best option. IMO reed will be centre and Copley will be wing.

I don't think Barbas price tag will guarantee him a spot. If there's a player better suited to the position they'll get picked over him regardless. The total cost of a squad doesn't effect the score. He'll only get a spot if Bennet thinks he's the best option. IMO reed will be centre and Copley will be wing.

Would hate to see Copley on the wing.

So would I. I'm just guessing who will be picked. I'd love to see Dale at centre.

Really? I'm sure I read somewhere that Bennett plays favorites :wink:

Anyone else think Antonio Kaufusi could be our last remaining prop signing?

I mentioned that last week and got shot down lol
as soon as we realize every one of our opinions don't matter shit, better this place will be.
Could be a thing though. . He's a big dude

I read this morning that he's already pretty much signed at a different club. Fucked if I can remember where though. Knights maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.