The World Cup general discussion thread

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Was it really that poor from Schwarzer?

Anyway, we needed Germany to score again and us to score again to get through so it was always a looooonnnngggg shot.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
guppy said:
Was it really that poor from Schwarzer?

Anyway, we needed Germany to score again and us to score again to get through so it was always a looooonnnngggg shot.
Yes. It was poor, that goal he gave up to Serbia was weak. My grandmother could've taken that cross. No pressure or players in his face.. He's disappointing, at best.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bannermania said:
ningnangnong said:
Proud of our lads, lots of events conspired against us, but we still gave it our all and were in it right till the death.

I disagree. Like I said on facebook, are you forgetting the absolute thrashing we received?? We never geniunley had a chance. There's no way this side could've put 4 on Serbia.

WTF?

They bounced back and gave it their fucking all against Ghana and Serbia. That's all I can ask.

Germany are one of the best sides in the world, they were always going to beat us. We should've had a penalty against them and Cahill shouldn't have been sent off.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
But 4 nil.

FOUR. We have a better team than to let that monstrosity happen.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Like I said, some things didn't go our way and it had a bit of an influence.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Out of all our men at the back, Schwarzer is the last person I would be laying the blame on in this tournament.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Because Verbeeks woeful choices have ruined our chances to advance to the Round of 16.. We could've taken England and moved on again..

Now I have to wait another four years, but thank GOD. Verbeek is going away from my national team.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Bannermania said:
Because Verbeeks woeful choices have ruined our chances to advance to the Round of 16.. We could've taken England and moved on again..

Now I have to wait another four years, but thank GOD. Verbeek is going away from my national team.
I don't know what your problem is with Verbeek, he has been a very successful coach for us. In the germany game things may have been different if we had weren't down to 10 men for most of the game.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Bannermania said:

I don't know what your problem is with Verbeek, he has been a very successful coach for us. In the germany game things may have been different if we had weren't down to 10 men for most of the game.
He picked the wrong team, doomed from the start.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yes, I am not a fan of Verbeek.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
It all comes back to the horrid selections against Germany, we altered our style and played our best player Cahill in the wrong position. The next two matches we played much better football because the right teams were selected. Turning point beyond that was Wilkshire not netting that winner against Ghana if he had done that the whole complexion of this match changes and we probably progress. We put up a good fight but fell short due to the terrible way we approached our first match and a couple of red cards that may or may not have been fair. Cahill does need to learn to not slide tackle from behind (studs or not) because that foul was asking for a card at the very least and he has a habit of inviting trouble with his brash tackling style and I thought the referee had no choice in sending off Kewell because of the rules, his arm was not pinned to his body like it needed to be and it struck him on it while clearly goalbound it was an obvious penalty and by the laws of the game in that situation the referee has no choice in what card he is supposed to give.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
it hit his shoulder tho, people use their shoulders on the ball all the time, Serbia even did it at one stage last night.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
it hit his shoulder tho, people use their shoulders on the ball all the time, Serbia even did it at one stage last night.

I agree mate, at least it certainly looked that way from the front angle.

Also if it was handball, it was ball to hand. There was absolutely nothing Kewell could've done. Sure his arm came out from his side a bit, but that's purely a reflex action. Harsh decision to send him off.

I'll take pride in the fact that we're one of the only countries who don't roll around like pricks when we get tackled, etc.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Germany in the next round...wow. I think we will probably go out on penalties [icon_frown But I'm sure it will be an epic, epic game.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.