The World Cup general discussion thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
Germany in the next round...wow. I think we will probably go out on penalties [icon_frown But I'm sure it will be an epic, epic game.

It'll be bloody good to watch from a neutral point of view.

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
No doubt Pim got the selections wrong against Germany, he played to defensively and didn't press. But at the end of the day we just came up against an absolutlely red hot german team and if he we played more attacking we could well have lost by more, our aging centre backs coundn't deal with the pin point through balls and speed of the germans (how much better did beauchamp look than moore!!). I have no doubt that if the germans had played that well against a 10 man serbia or ghana there would have been a similar scoreline.

I think that cahills red card was harsh and we have had two tackles against us that were far worse, but i agree with gymp that it was a stupid tackle to make, especially that far up the field. Can't argue with Kewells red either, it hit him on the bicep which was away from the body to save a certain goal, its a clear cut sending off imo.

Pim's no Guus, but this team is a shawdow of the one 4 years ago and you have to give him credit for getting this close seeing aswell we had 2 red cards and only played kewell played 25 mins.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
Germany in the next round...wow. I think we will probably go out on penalties [icon_frown But I'm sure it will be an epic, epic game.

It'll be bloody good to watch from a neutral point of view.

As much as I despise the ugly twat, all England need is a firing Rooney to beat the Germans TBH. I have a gut feeling England will walk away 2-1 winners and Rooney will finally pick up his game.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I think England need to pick a proper defensive midfield player to man mark Ozil, if they can tie him up all night they should win because he has been at the heart of all of their good play.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:

Im actually pumped for this game. Love rivalry games. These 2 teams have had some classics euro 96, italia 90, mexico 70 & england 66 come to mind as massive historical matches, and then there was that whole war thing. Gonna be good, I will actually be cheering on England as Ive always throught they got the rough end of the stick in this rivalry.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Love the look of Mexico vs Argentina considering their 2nd round match 4 years ago was the match of the tournament!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
domeugly.jpg

lolz

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Have they arrived back in France yet?

He is going to get absolutely slaughtered. [icon_lol1.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I loved the bewildered response to Domenech refusing to shake his hand from Perriera after the final group match, allegedly he made a crack about France not deserving to be there due to the Henry handball. But Perriera reckoned he had no idea what Domenech was talking about.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Righto, what happens if tonight, both the Paraguay v NZ and Italy v Slovakia games end up as draws with the same scoreline, because that will mean Paraguay outright first, with Italy and NZ tied for second, with the EXACT same goals for and goals against. Who would go through?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
According to FIFA:

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria,
their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between
the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the
teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the
teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Italy are down 1-0. [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Italy have just gone down 3-1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
New Zealand out.

Slovakia beat Italy, 3-2.

Brilliant.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i hate you ning.

**** this world cup. worst ever

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
i hate you ning.

**** this world cup. worst ever

Haha, sorry bro, I just don't share your love for Italy. [icon_wink

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Porthoz
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.