Time for Milford to go

Wikipedia, Rugbyleagueproject, Rugby League Week, Big League, Brain Anasta's Greek cousin. Do you want references in APA 6 form?

This gave me pause. If you do in fact have a figure from this particular source, I don't think we can deny it's legitimacy.

Girl-Falls-Off-Chair.gif
Careful mate those plastic chairs are killer!!! Your dress looks nice to...

zero tackle get their figures from media reports ... not from any official source.
I agree it's probably not 100% reliable. For all we know Bird is on a much as 1.2 mil or as little as 750k. Either way, I know it's early stages but thus far, he isn't giving the club anything close to value for money.

I agree it's probably not 100% reliable. For all we know Bird is on a much as 1.2 mil or as little as 750k. Either way, I know it's early stages but thus far, he isn't giving the club anything close to value for money.

the guy has been back for 2 games, in a new team with no pre-season (after off-season shoulder surgery) ... give him some time

Right. Who were these phantom "very talented but very raw" Knights players? Except for Matatui and he is overrated regardless. One would think he wouldn't have signed Gower if there really were lots of "very talented but very raw" Newcastle players.

There were three Mata'utia brothers actually. IIRC they were all signed by Canterbury on massive deals, with their manager knowing it'd force the Knights to offer them big money to stay (this was when the same rules were in place that allowed DCE's famous backflip). They were pegged for big things, in fact one played for Australia in their debut season.

They had Mamo, Tapine & Levi who were in the 2014 U20's team of the year alongside Sione Mata'utia. Mantellato was looking like being a star. Clydesdale, Korbin Sims, Kyle O'Donnell, Robbie Rochow, again all slated for big things, all debuting during his time. Fitzgibbon & Ross debuted in 2015, after he left, but they too were training with the NRL squad while Bennett was there.

It's for this exact reason that players like Gower, as you mentioned, were signed. To act as mentors and old heads while the rookies find their way in first grade.

There were three Mata'utia brothers actually. IIRC they were all signed by Canterbury on massive deals, with their manager knowing it'd force the Knights to offer them big money to stay (this was when the same rules were in place that allowed DCE's famous backflip). They were pegged for big things, in fact one played for Australia in their debut season.

They had Mamo, Tapine & Levi who were in the 2014 U20's team of the year alongside Sione Mata'utia. Mantellato was looking like being a star. Clydesdale, Korbin Sims, Kyle O'Donnell, Robbie Rochow, again all slated for big things, all debuting during his time. Fitzgibbon & Ross debuted in 2015, after he left, but they too were training with the NRL squad while Bennett was there.

It's for this exact reason that players like Gower, as you mentioned, were signed. To act as mentors and old heads while the rookies find their way in first grade.

So out of all those "very talented but very raw" a couple of first graders and a couple of journeymen.

Really? Maybe if they had an outstanding playmaking halfback and didn't need Milford to do any playmaking or were playing him at fullback. I think we can agree that his price tag has gone down over the past year. No way in the world would anyone swap him for Morgan, for example and as far as I know, Milford is on almost as much or more money. .

Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy both think he’s worth big money...

But I guess those idiots at the raiders did as well.

Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy both think he’s worth big money...

But I guess those idiots at the raiders did as well.
There is only rumor Bellamy thinks he is worth big money. Knowing him, he was just trying to push up his price but never had any intention of signing him. Regardless, I'm only stating my opinion in regard to Bird, Milford and Boyd being on way too much money and Bird being signed for way too long. It's pretty much regarded by anyone being honest Bennett left Newcastle in an awful mess.

So out of all those "very talented but very raw" a couple of first graders and a couple of journeymen.

They were all, still are, very talented. Some just didn’t kick on - not the least of which was because they were thrown in to the NRL too young out of necessity.

Hindsight once again is wonderful after the fact, but the point stands - they were talented yet raw, and Bennett was trying to blood them the best he could - surrounded by experienced hard-headed veterans.

There is only rumor Bellamy thinks he is worth big money. Knowing him, he was just trying to push up his price but never had any intention of signing him. Regardless, I'm only stating my opinion in regard to Bird, Milford and Boyd being on way too much money and Bird being signed for way too long. It's pretty much regarded by anyone being honest Bennett left Newcastle in an awful mess.
Best.....generalisation.......ever

Nothing to do with Tinkler constantly Tinklering in the background, directly texting players and bagging them while at the same time not paying them or the staff. Nothing to do with the once-in-a-lifetime tragedy to McKinnon that would have rocked the existence of every one of his team-mates.

At best we could add a “while” to your sentence - “Bennett left Newcastle while in an awful mess”, but there is very little he could have done about those circumstances.

You mean like Paul Kent, the same guy who sat there lapping milk from a saucer when hit with some actual facts.

Gents (and any ladies), if you are going to point the finger, bone or other body appendage at the party responsible for us losing Taylor, you have all missed the mark.

It is DCE ... if that giraffe necked back flipping Mo Fo had of honoured his contract the Titans would not have been looking for a halfback and would not have signed Taylor.

Gents (and any ladies), if you are going to point the finger, bone or other body appendage at the party responsible for us losing Taylor, you have all missed the mark.

It is DCE ... if that giraffe necked back flipping Mo Fo had of honoured his contract the Titans would not have been looking for a halfback and would not have signed Taylor.

True. Pitchforks, fellas. The Devil has been revealed.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Wolfie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.