Time for Milford to go

Um, I answered your two questions in that post you just quoted.

* Did we need Boyd?

* Should Milf have been moved to fullback to allow Taylor to play in the halves?

Such a backwards argument if can’t organise attack can’t organise at fullback. I would argue other way plenty of fullbacks can’t play half. Different skill set.

Besides organising defence from behind you get a wider view. You need to follow the ball and manage numbers, it’s not the same as creating attack. Same skills he had in attack at fullback follow the ball and work numbers. Getting him confident doing this and talking on field might get in ready for halves in late 20s, not expecting him to be 6 and 7 now.

Agreed......pfft, "zero tackle". It's the site that high schoolers use when trying to impress their friends.

Swap Kane Elgey for Milford, that'll fucken do me. Ha ha ha. The only player I'm sour about losing is maybe Ash Taylor. Milford getting a mil a year (according to zero tackle...it must be true. :D ) didn't lose us Taylor.

Bird? He's gotta be given time before being deemed "too expensive". He's had two games with us......after spending the off season recovering from shoulder surgery. After two games.......he's playing like someone who has had...only 2 games in what, 6-7 months? I'd love to see him get more ball. Bird lock, McGuire to prop with TPJ...rotate Lodge. **** Sims off.

Milford? What really is this too expensive shit anyway? The way I see it....he is the most talented player in the club. He is the most likely player to return us to greatness in the next 5 years. Right now his confidence is shot....I think he is under too much pressure because there are simply no other attacking options in the team. He gets given the ball and is expected to produce the magic...every time. We desperately need something else other than...give the ball to Milf.

Boyd? Yeah......he's busted....he's sour, solemn, sulky....annoying, but he aint going no where. Not unless it's his say so. There's no point arguing it. Accept it and move on. Pray that his injuries overcome him and he quits.

THaiday has to be gone at the end of this year. That has to open up..."some" cash.

We need to focus on rebuilding the entire spine around Milford at 6. We need to find a 7......Kodi has to go back to being a utility, until someone better comes along. I don't see him long term in the starting 17.

If my ideas are so ridiculous, why do you misquote me? I never said to simply swap Elgey for Milford. Though now you say it and I think about it a little, if GC were willing to pick up a large part of his salary for the next 4 f**king years and we were able to get Elgey for cheap, I wouldn't be against it.

But I have consistently said that if the club is able to secure a good, playmaking halfback so Milford can wash his hands of that and just run, I would be in favor of keeping him. I'm just negative on a 5/8 who is seemingly pretty much devoid of playmaking ability no matter how good his running game is.

Last edited:
There is only rumor Bellamy thinks he is worth big money. Knowing him, he was just trying to push up his price but never had any intention of signing him. Regardless, I'm only stating my opinion in regard to Bird, Milford and Boyd being on way too much money and Bird being signed for way too long. It's pretty much regarded by anyone being honest Bennett left Newcastle in an awful mess.

Smith confirmed he got on the blower and tried to get him to Melbourne. He's another pretty good judge of talent.

Smith confirmed he got on the blower and tried to get him to Melbourne. He's another pretty good judge of talent.
Well that proves it! But seriously, I don't doubt Milfords ability. I still think he would go well at fullback. I just doubt his playmaking ability and believe a playmaker or lack-thereof is the main thing the team is missing and that for 1mil a season, he should have playmaking ability.

I'm not sure that the team will be a serious force until Bird, Boyd and Milford are off the books. I hope I'm wrong and I'm only stating my opinion. Please don't flame me.

Well that proves it! But seriously, I don't doubt Milfords ability. I still think he would go well at fullback. I just doubt his playmaking ability and believe a playmaker or lack-thereof is the main thing the team is missing and that for 1mil a season, he should have playmaking ability.

I'm not sure that the team will be a serious force until Bird, Boyd and Milford are off the books. I hope I'm wrong and I'm only stating my opinion. Please don't flame me.

He does have playmaking ability, though. He has shown that on a lot of occasions.

He just can't control a game. But playmaking and game management are not the same thing.

Um, I answered your two questions in that post you just quoted.

* Did we need Boyd?

* Should Milf have been moved to fullback to allow Taylor to play in the halves?
Oh, you call that answers?
I call it bullshit excuses, twisting and made up stuff... my bad.

He does have playmaking ability, though. He has shown that on a lot of occasions.

He just can't control a game. But playmaking and game management are not the same thing.
I should have been more precise with my comments. As far as I can see, his ball playing ability is extremely limited at best. Very rare for a team to be a serious premiership contender without a good ball player in the team. There are probably some exceptions but not many. I know one could just as easily or more easily blame Nikorima but Milford is on 1mil a year! For that kind of money I expect if the team needs it, as it does now, he develop some ball-playing ability and quickly! Or hopefully another club will pick up a large % of his salary for the next 4 years.

And frankly speaking, his running game has been only average for about a year now.

I should have been more precise with my comments. As far as I can see, his ball playing ability is extremely limited at best. Very rare for a team to be a serious premiership contender without a good ball player in the team. There are probably some exceptions but not many. I know one could just as easily or more easily blame Nikorima but Milford is on 1mil a year! For that kind of money I expect if the team needs it, as it does now, he develop some ball-playing ability and quickly! Or hopefully another club will pick up a large % of his salary for the next 4 years.

And frankly speaking, his running game has been only average for about a year now.

He is an excellent ball player, watch his '15 highlights. It's not his ability hindering him, there is something else going on.

I agree with you on some of your points

- Milf isn't really a playmaker, relies more on his running game and is as much of a playmaker as Benji was in his early tigers days

- Milf's running game is significantly down from his 2015, early 2016 days

What I do disagree with you on is the fact that being paid X amount of money means you need to suddenly develop skills that aren't in your repertoire purely on a wage basis. He was paid that because he can be a game breaking ball runner - it isn't on him to do everything and it is an unfair expectation to burden on him to expect him to turn into a ball runner, playmaker, game manager and all round 10/10 in every facet player. Brisbane have fucked up by not putting someone beside him that can handle the things he can't do.

He is an excellent ball player, watch his '15 highlights. It's not his ability hindering him, there is something else going on.

But he had a bad game where his passes were shit, so that outweighs the rest of his career and it’s all over.

9232cb9dfe27b80768a0a4cc67314b28--ginger-guys-aussies.jpg

Look at that fucking tattoo.
I’m equally offended by the Super Sun-in dye job and the high school quasi mop cut.

But he had a bad game where his passes were shit, so that outweighs the rest of his career and it’s all over.

Shouldn't have been looking to pass at all. We all know what he is capable of, he just isn't doing it for one reason or another and has been hot and cold since mid '16.

I think there are actually a lot of similarities in how Milf is playing at the moment, and in the first half or so of 2015. He wasn't anywhere as destructive as in the 2nd part of the year, he was losing the ball multiple times a game too.

I agree with you on some of your points

- Milf isn't really a playmaker, relies more on his running game and is as much of a playmaker as Benji was in his early tigers days

- Milf's running game is significantly down from his 2015, early 2016 days

What I do disagree with you on is the fact that being paid X amount of money means you need to suddenly develop skills that aren't in your repertoire purely on a wage basis. He was paid that because he can be a game breaking ball runner - it isn't on him to do everything and it is an unfair expectation to burden on him to expect him to turn into a ball runner, playmaker, game manager and all round 10/10 in every facet player. Brisbane have fucked up by not putting someone beside him that can handle the things he can't do.
Fair point. I disagree but just my opinion. If he were playing centre or to a lesser extent, fullback, I wouldn't care about his lack of ball playing ability. Bennett won't move him to fullback even if his son is injured. Too stubborn. Maybe an outstanding ball-playing halfback is coming through the grades as is just about ready for the NRL. I hope so for the teams sake, for Milfords sake and for Bennetts sake.

otherwise I'm in favor of trying to get another club to pick up a large % of his salary for the next 4 years.

Milf is going alright, he just needs to click from threatening and then brain snapping to threatening and then executing. He isn't as far away as many think. I also think being in charge with Bird taking some pressure off him might just be the tonic he needs this week.

Milf is going alright, he just needs to click from threatening and then brain snapping to threatening and then executing. He isn't as far away as many think. I also think being in charge with Bird taking some pressure off him might just be the tonic he needs this week.
Bird is very much a give it to me player which I think might work well for milf, though again the same questions rear their head re kicking, game management etc.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.