Time for Milford to go

Yep, his running game looks the best it has been since early 2016. Dropped balls with improve over time - anyone remember him dropping about 2or 3 every game when he first game here for about 10 rounds? His kicking game looks a lot better too. He's not going to be a game manager anytime soon, but everything else is looking positive.

Put the current Ben Hunt next to him and we might have been killing it like in 2015. I think confidence is a big deal right now - if we put early points on, everything else improves too.

Kodi is our big problem right now. Milf is doing well considering what his partner in crime is dishing up.

Kodi is our big problem right now. Milf is doing well considering what his partner in crime is dishing up.
Exactly... niko is just parking himself on the right and offering nothing. We're basically playing with one half at the moment.

FWIW milf's game tonight was what you want from your 5/8... it's just that he's having to play 6 & 7 at the moment

I don't think it's time for Milford to go but he's certainly not worth anything close to the money he's on. In my eyes his game hasn't really improved in the last 2 years. My opinion may change if/when he plays alongside a proper halfback.

Not interested in the whole discussion about players that could have been retained if we didn't throw the cash at Milford. It is clear as day that we have very little forward thinking when it comes to player retention.

Did you watch Munster today?

Yeah I did. I also watched Milf. Milf was far more dangerous.

Edit: Bellamy chased Milf for a reason. Put him next to a controlling half back and he's the best at the business at what he does, which is creating something out of nothing and breaking the line. There's seriously no other 5/8 who threatens the line as much as him except for maybe SJ (he's a HB but plays like a 5/8 so I'll include him for the sake of the argument)

Its been clear im not a fan of Niko, but i truly believe Milford tonight showed excellent form - except for his dirt buster land mine passes and knock on's. His mistakes come from pressure of having to carry the whole attack.
Which yes hes paid 1M but being paid 1M doesn't mean to run and own every play in the game, its doing the right things at the right time.

Why oh why can't Wayne, grandmaster coach, see this???????

He probably is but there is no one looking like a better option. It's easy to name drop but maybe we just don't have anyone better.

Its been clear im not a fan of Niko, but i truly believe Milford tonight showed excellent form - except for his dirt buster land mine passes and knock on's. His mistakes come from pressure of having to carry the whole attack.
Which yes hes paid 1M but being paid 1M doesn't mean to run and own every play in the game, its doing the right things at the right time.

Over thinking it or lack of confidence? I think he could have finished that try himself, same with Roberts.

Over thinking it or lack of confidence? I think he could have finished that try himself, same with Roberts.

Possibly a combo. When the pressure is on to perform your mind can swing many ways.

He probably is but there is no one looking like a better option. It's easy to name drop but maybe we just don't have anyone better.

Niko is not going to improve. Any rookie halfback in the isc could at least provide the same if not better.

He’s not a half’s arsehole.

He can’t pass.

He can’t kick.

He can’t direct a team around.

He’s a fucking cat who doesn’t take the line on. He always seems to avoid contact.

We could use the million to get some good players.

You didn't watch the game tonight, did you?

I don't see how anyone that watched the game could think that Milford was our biggest problem out there. He was our best player. He had **** all support out there. If he had the support, we win. It's as simple as that.

The player that needs to go is Nikorima.

People were living in this fantasy land last year about him, and he is just showing with each game that he isn't a halfback.

Hello all. I don't often take part in these kind of forums but I really wanted to say I agree with Brent81. Yes, Milford did some good things with his running game but he is a 5/8 on a mil a year! Given the lack of ability of the halfback, for Milford to play well he needs to do much more in managing the game and setting up the plays. He isn't doing that and even though his running game was "ok" (not more than that) tonight, it has also been mostly very poor.

I fear old Wayne has lost it. His little head has gotten the better of his big head. It's becoming increasingly obvious. I think he will be retired before the season is out if there isn't drastic improvement from Milford, Boyd and Bird. I believe another coach will move Milford to fullback, Bird to 5/8 and Boyd in the centers. I don't think that will make a big difference as we still have no one with any decent playmaking ability but given Milfords age and the size and length of his contract, a coach who hasn't lost the plot will want to try and get some moneys worth. In the future, if he is still around when the club has a (very) good playmaker (because Milfords playmaking ability is pretty much non existent), maybe he can go back to 5/8.

Post Removed

No need to be rude. I'm only stating my opinion. This is a forum after all. Do you honestly believe Milford is a decent or even, good playmaker? I don't think so but if I'm wrong, he needs to start proving me wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why oh why can't Wayne, grandmaster coach, see this???????

Maybe Ego and the security of privilege, based on a reputation created more from having exceptional talent in the halves in the good old days than innovative coaching.

While Milford is a potentially excellent 5/8, it seems to me his instincts which we see on the field are still those of a good FB desperately trying to translate them into a 5/8 role, but Milf's skills, trying to be harnessed into a 5/8 role can only work with a decent half back to give him space and time and support.

Milf is and will be fine; he needs a halfback, and there doesn't seem to be any good ones in the club.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Canga
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.