TRIAL 3: BRONCOS 6 v COWBOYS 26

SATURDAY FEB 26, 8PM (QLD TIME), 9PM (COCKROACH TIME): BRONCOS v COWBOYS. BB PRINT STADIUM, MACKAY

WEATHER

GUSTY STORM CLEARING. 23 DEGREES.

ScreenFMVl9reVcAA97uv

BRONCOS TEAM
1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Billy Walters
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Cory Paix
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell ©
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Ryan James
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Jake Turpin
17. Rhys Kennedy
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tyson Gamble
20. TC Robati
21. David Mead
22. Ezra Mam
23. Brenko Lee
24. Jamayne Isaako

COWBOYS TEAM
1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Peta Hiku
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Tom Dearden
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Reece Robson
10. Coen Hess
11. Heilum Luki
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Reuben Cotter

14. Jake Granville
15. Jordan McLean
16. Mitch Dunn
17. Tom Gilbert
18. Brendan Elliot
19. Scott Drinkwater
20. Griffin Neame

Match will be telecast on Fox/Kayo.

Other matches in @theshed Cockroach time. Subtract an hour for QLD:

4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
I'm confident that Reynolds can fix our kicking game which in the last 2 trials has been just woeful. When Turpin came on tonight his defence was very ordinary and his passes from dummy half seem to be consistently behind the runner causing them to pull up when taking the ball. I liked what I saw from Paix and reckon he should start for round 1.

As much as I hate to admit it Isaako looks the best option at 1 until Nui returns. Billy Walters looked like a guy playing in a new team. He should be 14 for when Paix needs a rest and as cover for the halves. I know they are trying to bring Mam on slowly but he looks like a natural 5/8 when he comes on and Walters snr should maybe roll the dice and give him a crack in round 1. His positioning in defence can be ordinary but that can be learnt where as the speed and evasion he shows is something you have or you don't and he has it in spades.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yep it's a hard one... we need him in the NRL on wing or centre, but if we want him at 1 then he needs to be playing down in Qcup.

I thought his ball skills were actually solid in those first 15mins, so there is something there to work with... but he needs time in the position and full on coaching. I'm not sure how you go about it.

I'm pretty sure GI and Latrell played basically all their juniors at fullback... so the move to wing/centre was only a temporary measure

Its where he will build his fitness. My worry is still now he has had a taste of NRL he wont want to drop back down as he has already said he wants to play center. Be interesting what we do with him negotiating the contract.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I am a bit disappointed that Mam didn't get much of a run tonight. Mam deserved to play a full half of full strength 1st grade footy to really see where he's at. If he's good enough then he's old enough can't be seen when your not on the field.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I am a bit disappointed that Mam didn't get much of a run tonight. Mam deserved to play a full half of full strength 1st grade footy to really see where he's at. If he's good enough then he's old enough can't be seen when your not on the field.
*if he’s old enough he’s good enough

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
My 2 cents:
I though Pereira wasn't as bad as people are saying, especially his effort. Always looked to get involved. In the last few minutes he brought the footy back from a kick, then took a hitup after the next play. There was one play early in first half when one of our players was down and he ran in past a few other team mates to pick him up. Seems like he brings enthusiasm and encouragement...similar vibe to his interviews over the last couple of weeks.

Billy's defense was decent. The rest of the halves battle cancelled each other out I think. Gamble always seemed rushed kicking. Ive always been a fan of Alby at 6, I think its his natural game...more so than when he was playing 7 last week. I think he gets the gig by default, and Billy at 14 if Paix is 9. I think Gamble could be our back up 7.

Paix was a big step-up from Turps. I still think Kevvie will go with Turps unfortunately.

Obviously Kobe, Payne and Pat were good, but I really thought Palasia had some great involvement off the bench. I think he played himself into a bench spot. Id prob still persevere with James also, just for leadership/cool-head.

Cobbo didn't do anything bad, but didn't really get involved heaps. I heard in interviews they wanted him to work on his talk, so would be interesting to know how he did.

Neither centre did much, admittedly Staggs was rested. I think The Love Bug offers more than Brenko.

Rd 1.
Cobbo/Niu
Oates/Cobbo
Love Bug
Staggs
Pereira
Alby
Reynolds
Haas
Paix
Carrigan
Capewell
Riki
Kobe

Son of a coach
Palasia
James
TC

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
I think tony carrol would like a word.
ah, but the 'Tate Clause' is superceded by the little-known 'Knock a Referee out with Legs like Tree Trunks Clause'.

So, Tunza can do whatever Tunza wants to do ;)

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
and seriously...for the life of me, i still cant figure out how to 'like' a post. is it because I'm using brave browser?
What am I missing?

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
this is what Fox Sports said about Cobbo's performance at fullback
I want Cobbo to succeed, but FMD... that's an out there review of what he did tonight. He didn't do enough for mine, still looks unfit too.

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
Only been able to watch the first half on replay so far but fmd you're making Timmy Dearden look like a world beater.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
The boys seemed lethargic and a bit unwilling to go hard. Like they didn't want to put the body at risk. The cows looked like they wanted to prove something and were not there to play an exhibition match only.

I am not worried about trials, as in the 9's comp you can't pick a trajectory from games like these. Some teams go hard and some just want to get out there and get a bit of match fitness. It's how we start and build into the season.

The biggest thing will be picking and sticking with the spine especially. We need this team to be secure and sure of themselves. We looked all over the place tonight because everyone was in different positions and even different sides of the park. We can not be doing that season time.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Brocko
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • Griffo
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Wolfie
  • Howie
  • winslow_wong
  • Maroon4life
  • RolledOates
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.