NEWS Walters Steps Down

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Well he was supposed to be the saviour.

Maybe he realised he didn’t have it in him? Maybe Milford declined his services.Or maybe we are signing Paul Green? Or maybe Lockyer is coming in as halves coach? Who knows? Paul Kent, probably. Probably not though

Or maybe he's making a come back and coaching will get in the way?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Disenchantment would be a possibility and my guess... he may want a different path than the currently chosen, but is being overruled.

I seriously do not see him as a quitter, but as someone who takes it on the chin, and takes steps to correct what he sees being wrong. (Origin last season anyone?)

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Another possibility is that he's not being allowed to have any real input. Demetriou is attacking coach so maybe over-calling some of his ideas?

JD is primarily defence.

Lockyer daughters up

Lockyer daughters up

BRL Player
Mar 17, 2018
Another possibility is that he's not being allowed to have any real input. Demetriou is attacking coach so maybe over-calling some of his ideas?
Demtriou got shifted to our defence coach this year so our attack, or lack of, is on Kevvie's watch.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Maybe Wayne and Kevvie just can't work together.. Seems to be a very on, off assistant coaching relationship.
Not the news I was wanting to here tho..
Maybe there are deeper problems at the club, maybe Wayne is feeling the pinch and feels that Kevvie is a genuine threat, or maybe Kevvie just does want to soley focus on the Maroons..
Either way, its odd. Kevvie knew he would be coaching the Maroons this year when he took the attacking job on..
Has me thinking that the rumors of us chasing Green for the head coach roll are legit, Kevvie might know more then we do, and doesn't see himself as the next coach of the Broncos. I certainly thought that he was next in line and the Green rumors were exactly that..rumors
There has to more to this, I guess we will find out in due course..
P.S Green hasn't yet resigned with the Cows.........

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
David Kidwell stepped down from the Kiwi job too apparently. If we take this into account and also the fact that Sam Burgess got a two week suspension for a raised elbow, this could possibly mean Kidwell will become assistant coach and Burgess could become our halfback. Think about it guys. When you point your elbow it makes a triangle, kind of. [HASHTAG]#illuminati[/HASHTAG]

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Maybe Wayne and Kevvie just can't work together.. Seems to be a very on, off assistant coaching relationship.
Not the news I was wanting to here tho..
Maybe there are deeper problems at the club, maybe Wayne is feeling the pinch and feels that Kevvie is a genuine threat, or maybe Kevvie just does want to soley focus on the Maroons..
Either way, its odd. Kevvie knew he would be coaching the Maroons this year when he took the attacking job on..
Odd, to say the least..
I can't understand how Wayne could feel threatened?... The guy is in his fucken 70's, surely he has a succession plan. If the board don't have a plan in place or at least a good idea we're in trouble.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
I'm not impressed. Maybe Wayne feels threatened.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
I can't understand how Wayne could feel threatened?... The guy is in his fucken 70's, surely he has a succession plan. If the board don't have a plan in place or at least a good idea we're in trouble.

Because Wayne wants to go on forever.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm not impressed. Maybe Wayne feels threatened.
Which part annoys you? The fact that Walters stepped down or the unsubstantiated guesses everyone is throwing around?

Lockyer daughters up

Lockyer daughters up

BRL Player
Mar 17, 2018
David Kidwell stepped down from the Kiwi job too apparently. If we take this into account and also the fact that Sam Burgess got a two week suspension for a raised elbow, this could possibly mean Kidwell will become assistant coach and Burgess could become our halfback. Think about it guys. When you point your elbow it makes a triangle, kind of. [HASHTAG]#illuminati[/HASHTAG]
hahahaha best thing I've read in a while

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Which part annoys you? The fact that Walters stepped down or the unsubstantiated guesses everyone is throwing around?

That Wayne feels threatened by Kevin's presence.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
More then likely there’s nothing more to this then is actually stated, kevie struggling with the pressure of his current 9-5 job and starting his second job very soon (origin) and fears that both will suffer from it. It would be hard having to coach an origin side with no Thurston or Cronk then having to turn up and coach a struggling broncos side.

I do see some possibility to the theory he doesn’t like the way things are happening at the club and is taking a back seat until he takes the reins. Also possible that him and JD could be clashing, as far as I’m aware they’ve never worked together before and both of them ultimately going for the same job when Wayne leaves.

I’ll let the courier mail start the rest of the rumours...

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncoscope
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.