NEWS Walters Steps Down

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Yep, this has abandon ship written all over it. Shame on you Walters. The club and the fans really should expect much better from a club legend than throwing your hands up when the going gets tough. I'm looking forward to seeing how you react if and when the Maroons really start struggling in the Origin arena.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Yep, this has abandon ship written all over it. Shame on you Walters. The club and the fans really should expect much better from a club legend than throwing your hands up when the going gets tough. I'm looking forward to seeing how you react if and when the Maroons really start struggling in the Origin arena.

He will leave over concerns about not being able to be impartial and moving on dead weight.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hey Kevvie, Darius called, he wants his spine back

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
That's the only thing that shits me, is that he's leaving at the moment he is. So shit of him to walk out on two young fellas that are struggling. I'd be happy for him to go if he stuck around until the combo at least looked half decent. It's ridiculous to blame anyone else for his leaving

One explanation for that is that he is not getting on with one or both of the halves and hence him remaining on the scene was not going to assist.

I don't know what is going on, but as I have posted since round one, something is off about this club at the moment, there is something going on behind the scenes.

My tinfoil rumour is that Nashy is taking over as halves coach, prior to mounting a coup and overthrowing WB and JD, declaring himself dictator for life and appointing Morkel and Porthoz as his assistant coaches.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Fucking hell you lot...

Isn't anyone prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

Kevvie is a Bronco through and through.

He didn't have to come back in the first place with his lucrative Origin gig and media commitments.

A dirty little part of me actually hopes the Broncos struggle against the Knights. The comments from the Chicken Littles here are proving to be more entertaining than the game itself lol.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
This is a wash piece. It is a walters got asked to leave story with an easy out excuse. Maybe Wayne said your mind is not on the job and walters said he has a lot on his plate and then was told to resign. I doubt walters just cut and run. He was tapped.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
While I think of it, is it possible that we really miss Stephen Kearney? Everyone talks about Alex Corvo being a big loss, which I completely agree on, but let's not forget just how good we were when Kearney was here under Bennett, not sure if it was just a coincidence or if Kearney is actually a really good coach..

The Warriors didn't look great last year, but it often takes 12 months to turn a club around in terms of roster & mentality, low and behold, the Warriors look like the 2015 Broncos this year, extremely good goal line defense, everyone playing for each other, playing with confidence in attack.

Then you read things like this from the 2015 Broncos season - "Jul 22, 2015 - WAYNE Bennett has flagged Steve Kearney as his possible Broncos coaching successor after rating him the secret weapon in Brisbanes resurgence as a premiership force."

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Fucking hell you lot...

Isn't anyone prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

Kevvie is a Bronco through and through.

He didn't have to come back in the first place with his lucrative Origin gig and media commitments.

A dirty little part of me actually hopes the Broncos struggle against the Knights. The comments from the Chicken Littles here are proving to be more entertaining than the game itself lol.

There are quite a few things to say about a guy that leaves before the job is done. None of them nice.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
In Kev’s defence, he is facing the day all Queenslanders fears for the last 8 years.

His team will have no Cronk, no Thurston.

Smith is now the most penalised player in the game (because rules are a thing that matter all of a sudden).

Slater is down on form and old.

Inglis isn’t even a shadow of his former self. He isn’t even a shadow of the shadow of his former self that he was before the ACL injury.

Boyd is playing terribly and is injured.

Morgan is no where near the form he was in last year.

Papa just got dropped for being too fat and lazy.

Kev would be having nightmares about how incredible the Trbo bros, and the dragons pack are playing at the moment. Not to mention Fergo is in career best form, and Fitler is saying all the right things in the media.

He shouldn’t have agreed to come back if he couldn’t handle it, and on face value it’s pretty slack to abandon our struggling halves but he is in for some major anxiety dumps over the origin period this year.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This is a wash piece. It is a walters got asked to leave story with an easy out excuse. Maybe Wayne said your mind is not on the job and walters said he has a lot on his plate and then was told to resign. I doubt walters just cut and run. He was tapped.

If that's the case than it's an even worse situation for the club, because then it reeks of Bennett looking for a scapegoat that isn't a marquee signing on millions of dollars in cap space, which is NOT something the Wayne Bennett we all know and respect would do.

I'm very concerned. Something does smell at the club and it is beginning to look like the inmates are running the asylum. The longest premiership drought in the clubs history, instead of attracting quality players on unders we're struggling to convince them to stay at all, very un-Bronco like performances on field.....All angles are pointing at the club becoming a paid holiday just like the Titans and Raiders, and that is the last thing the Brisbane Broncos should ever be.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
There are quite a few things to say about a guy that leaves before the job is done. None of them nice.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

If Brisbane won their next three games by big margins what would the feeling be?

If we play like humps like the last two weeks what would the feeling be?

What if we lose by even bigger margins and get worse?

I don't know what isn't so nice about a bloke juggling multiple jobs and deciding that it's a bit too much and is stepping down from one of them.

Isn't that entirely self explanatory and logical?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

If Brisbane won their next three games by big margins what would the feeling be?

If we play like humps like the last two weeks what would the feeling be?

What if we lose by even bigger margins and get worse?

I don't know what isn't so nice about a bloke juggling multiple jobs and deciding that it's a bit too much and is stepping down from one of them.

Isn't that entirely self explanatory and logical?

It sounds more to me like you're struggling to rationalize a former player you love and respect treating the club he made a name at as an afterthought. I don't blame you for that, but that is what it is.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
One explanation for that is that he is not getting on with one or both of the halves and hence him remaining on the scene was not going to assist.

I don't know what is going on, but as I have posted since round one, something is off about this club at the moment, there is something going on behind the scenes.

My tinfoil rumour is that Nashy is taking over as halves coach, prior to mounting a coup and overthrowing WB and JD, declaring himself dictator for life and appointing Morkel and Porthoz as his assistant coaches.

Sweet, @Nashy tell me what you need done and I’ll get to it in 4-6 weeks.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
What’s the potential conflict? He picks Boyd and everyone says it’s favouritism? Or he doesn’t pick Boyd and everyone says it’s so Brisbane don’t lose as many players as they should?

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.