NEWS Walters Steps Down

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
What’s the potential conflict? He picks Boyd and everyone says it’s favouritism? Or he doesn’t pick Boyd and everyone says it’s so Brisbane don’t lose as many players as they should?

He grows a set and tells the truth: he didn't select Boyd because he's an out of form busted ass.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I’m not going to say that our attack and halves under Kevvie have looked shit this year, but I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with someone else making that claim.

Edit: Agree with the Bellamy calls. I didn’t want him before because I think Smith makes everyone else look good, including him, but Craig doesn’t put with ANY shit. We need a hard ass at the club, and he probably needs the Broncos after Smith goes.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So who would win out of this:

1. Slater v TTurbo
2. Boyd v Mansour
3. Inglis v Roberts
4. Chambers v Dugan (you know he will be picked)
5. Gagai v Addo-Carr
6. Munster v Maloney
7. Morgan v Cleary
8. Scott v RCG
9. Smith v Peats
10. Napa v Woods (you know he will be picked)
11. Cooper v Cordner
12. Gillett v Graham
13. McGuire v JTurbo

14. Hunt v Bird
15. Wallace v McLean
16. Glasby v Frizell
17. Hess v Crichton

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
It sounds more to me like you're struggling to rationalize a former player you love and respect treating the club he made a name at as an afterthought. I don't blame you for that, but that is what it is.

I think Walters is a Broncos legend. No doubts there. He's my favourite player behind Alfie and Locky.

I think treating the club as an afterthought is a bit harsh. He didn't have to come back in the first place. The QLD gig is the one he's decided to focus on at this point in time.

If we were undefeated after 4 games would it be a big deal?

I seriously don't think our current form slump is that bad. We're not at the height of the Griffin era...yet.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
For those who suddenly have taken a liking to Bellamy, I would be careful what you wish for. Ever since the ref crackdown began, the Storm have looked useless. Bellamy's success is contingent on pushing the rules as far as they'll go.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Being a Broncos fan how dose this not annoy you?
Milford and Knick are in all sorts and the guy decides to walk out a couple of months into the role. Doesn't matter what his excuses is it's not good enough. When you take on the job you take on any bullshit that goes with it.

Demetriou had them and macca going good ... maybe a case of to many captains on 1 ship ....

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Fucking hell you lot...

Isn't anyone prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

Kevvie is a Bronco through and through.

He didn't have to come back in the first place with his lucrative Origin gig and media commitments.

A dirty little part of me actually hopes the Broncos struggle against the Knights. The comments from the Chicken Littles here are proving to be more entertaining than the game itself lol.
Benefit of the doubt with what? I can't think of any good excuses for jumping a sinking ship,when that "ship" means so much to you.
And no he didn't have to come back... But he did and did a half ass job before leaving, I think that's the part all us "chicken littles" are pissed about.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I think Walters is a Broncos legend. No doubts there. He's my favourite player behind Alfie and Locky.

I think treating the club as an afterthought is a bit harsh. He didn't have to come back in the first place. The QLD gig is the one he's decided to focus on at this point in time.

You're absolutely correct, he didn't have to come back at all, but the fact that he did and is now leaving again 4 rounds into the new season (coincidentally at the same time as the team performing the worst it has on field in years) paints Walters as indecisive at best, which is still far from a good look for the QLD coach.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
For those who suddenly have taken a liking to Bellamy, I would be careful what you wish for. Ever since the ref crackdown began, the Storm have looked useless. Bellamy's success is contingent on pushing the rules as far as they'll go.

I think if the rules change so will his style. Bellamy isn't one for sitting on his hands ....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Disenchantment would be a possibility and my guess... he may want a different path than the currently chosen, but is being overruled.

I seriously do not see him as a quitter, but as someone who takes it on the chin, and takes steps to correct what he sees being wrong. (Origin last season anyone?)

That is a massive assumption that you have arrived to based on no evidence. Although probably isn’t that much of a leap when you already believe Bennett is the worst coach in the game.

While we are throwing around crazy theories without base, perhaps he is a Russian plant here to spy on our governemnt with the whole career into QLD coach is a front. He has to keep the QLD gig so suspicions aren’t aroused but the broncos gig is leaving him no time for espionage.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Benefit of the doubt with what? I can't think of any good excuses for jumping a sinking ship,when that "ship" means so much to you.
And no he didn't have to come back... But he did and did a half ass job before leaving, I think that's the part all us "chicken littles" are pissed about.

I meant benefit of the doubt in thinking he could balance two jobs and then realising he couldn't. I think we've all tried to bite off more than we can chew at some stage and something has to give.

Also, how do we know he did a half ass job? He's not the one out there dropping the ball on the first tackle...many, many times. I think a coach can only do so much. Milford and Nikorima (and their forwards!) need to start respecting the football and their opposition. I think it's an attitude thing tbh.

You're absolutely correct, he didn't have to come back at all, but the fact that he did and is now leaving again 4 rounds into the new season (coincidentally at the same time as the team performing the worst it has on field in years) paints Walters as indecisive at best, which is still far from a good look for the QLD coach.

Absolutely. It's not a good look for him but he probably had the best intentions.

Not sure about the worst we've played in years. I can honestly say the last two weeks haven't been as bad as some of our games last year.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I think if the rules change so will his style. Bellamy isn't one for sitting on his hands ....

I'll believe it when I see it to be honest.

Historic salary cap rorting, Wrestlemania out the ass, never being back the 10 metres, making a frustrating dogs breakfast out of everything to do with the game. Point me to one aspect about his success as a coach that isn't overclouded by some form of low bar in integrity.

There is nothing to respect or to like about Bellyaches coaching except that he is such a hardass.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
While we are throwing around crazy theories without base, perhaps he is a Russian plant here to spy on our governemnt with the whole career into QLD coach is a front. He has to keep the QLD gig so suspicions aren’t aroused but the broncos gig is leaving him no time for espionage.

I think this theory is sound but it needs more Russian bots and alt-right trolls to really make it sing.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

1. Slater v TTurbo
2. Boyd v Mansour
3. Inglis v Roberts
5. Gagai v Addo-Carr
6. Munster v Maloney
7. Morgan v Cleary
8. Scott v RCG
9. Smith v Peats
11. Cooper v Cordner
12. Gillett v Graham
13. McGuire v JTurbo

14. Hunt v Bird
15. Wallace v McLean
16. Glasby v Frizell
17. Hess v Crichton

On form, NSW win that comparison in almost every position. If I were picking an Australian team out of these players tomorrow (injuries ignored) only these QLD beat the NSW counter part you offered up:

Gagai
Munster
Smith
Gillett
Hunt
Hess

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I'll believe it when I see it to be honest.

Historic salary cap rorting, Wrestlemania out the ass, never being back the 10 metres, making a frustrating dogs breakfast out of everything to do with the game. Point me to one aspect about his success as a coach that isn't overclouded by some form of low bar in integrity.

There is nothing to respect or to like about Bellyaches coaching except that he is such a hardass.

He turns players into better players, majority of players that go there go to another level. He gets the best out of them , some what of a Bennett trait but excels at it. His desire to win is infectios

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I meant benefit of the doubt in thinking he could balance two jobs and then realising he couldn't. I think we've all tried to bite off more than we can chew at some stage and something has to give.

Also, how do we know he did a half ass job? He's not the one out there dropping the ball on the first tackle...many, many times. I think a coach can only do so much. Milford and Nikorima (and their forwards!) need to start respecting the football and their opposition. I think it's an attitude thing tbh.

I can respect the biting off more then he could chew part, yes we have all done that.
The reason i say he did a half assed job is because it's round 4 and he's gawnnn. And Milford and Knik need him now more then ever.
I guess the last 3 of 4 games we have played have thrown me into abit of a spin/panic and I would of hoped Walter's of all people could of stuck around abit longer then a couple of months to at least help

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

1. Slater v TTurbo
2. Boyd v Mansour
3. Inglis v Roberts
5. Gagai v Addo-Carr
6. Munster v Maloney
7. Morgan v Cleary
8. Scott v RCG
9. Smith v Peats
11. Cooper v Cordner
12. Gillett v Graham
13. McGuire v JTurbo

14. Hunt v Bird
15. Wallace v McLean
16. Glasby v Frizell
17. Hess v Crichton

Slater
Mansour
Either way
Chambers
Gagai
Maloney
Morgan
Scott
Smith
Either way
Cordner
Gillett
Either way

Bird
Wallace
Frizzel
Chrichton

How I see the match ups at least.

Unread

Active Now

• Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • jarro65
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.