NEWS Walters Steps Down

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Which part annoys you? The fact that Walters stepped down or the unsubstantiated guesses everyone is throwing around?
Being a Broncos fan how dose this not annoy you?
Milford and Knick are in all sorts and the guy decides to walk out a couple of months into the role. Doesn't matter what his excuses is it's not good enough. When you take on the job you take on any bullshit that goes with it.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
The line about direct link and favouritism to the Broncos is BS.

We will probably not understand the full details for some time, but the need to come up with a BS line to fill the reason out suggest maybe a little more to the story. He committed to the team after running origin last year, so he knows the workload origin requires, this is not something new to him.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Has anyone checked on @Pushkin?

giphy.gif

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
David Kidwell stepped down from the Kiwi job too apparently. If we take this into account and also the fact that Sam Burgess got a two week suspension for a raised elbow, this could possibly mean Kidwell will become assistant coach and Burgess could become our halfback. Think about it guys. When you point your elbow it makes a triangle, kind of. [HASHTAG]#illuminati[/HASHTAG]

That's more than enough for me.

giphy.gif

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Being a Broncos fan how dose this not annoy you?
Milford and Knick are in all sorts and the guy decides to walk out a couple of months into the role. Doesn't matter what his excuses is it's not good enough. When you take on the job you take on any bullshit that goes with it.
Demetriou had us attacking well last year (top 2 or something wasn’t it?). How have we been going this year? Fucking terribly. I’m not about to start creating stories and blaming others for what’s happened though. That would just be crazy..

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
To decide you didn't need a 3rd job on top of Fox and QRL after a couple of months is utterly ridiculous. I'm starting to think we need an entire clear out of coaching and start again. Whatever has happened be it fall out or other wise, an ill considered appointment. I'm near done with both Walters and Bennett.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Walters never would have taken the job if this was a concern.

I call bullshit.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Might wanna hold out a little before signing Green until he isn’t doing worse than us with a far better roster.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Demetriou had us attacking well last year (top 2 or something wasn’t it?). How have we been going this year? Fucking terribly. I’m not about to start creating stories and blaming others for what’s happened though. That would just be crazy..
That's the only thing that shits me, is that he's leaving at the moment he is. So shit of him to walk out on two young fellas that are struggling. I'd be happy for him to go if he stuck around until the combo at least looked half decent. It's ridiculous to blame anyone else for his leaving

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
This is exciting. I love conspiracy theories and I don’t even have to go to my usual back alley websites to read them.
Here's one, Kevvy has realised that he'll be retiring before Wayne.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I'll put my tin foil hat on for a minute here and ask may it be to relieve some money to try resign TPJ?

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Walters never would have taken the job if this was a concern.

I call bullshit.

I'm not so sure.

We know that Origin gets bigger and bigger every year. It basically derails the whole competition for two months.

This is not a good thing.

It's a game looking backwards in time for relevance so it has morphed into an overblown pantomime impossible to take seriously.

That being said it's a massive job for Walters. He is in the unenviable position of probably having to shuffle on a few more QLD Origin legends this year and he may have to do it after one game like last year.

Wanting to put some professional distance between himself and players he sees everyday is probably for the best. We need someone who is going to focus on the Broncos 100%.

Are we going to replace him or just divvie up his duties to the rest of the coaching staff?

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I can't wait for 360 tonight. Surely Kenty will have the news for us, he will know exactly what is going on.
Should make for good viewing.. Buzz might even be a special guest, at least then we will know the real story!!

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I can't wait for 360 tonight. Surely Kenty will have the news for us, he will know exactly what is going on.
Should make for good viewing.. Buzz might even be a special guest, at least then we will know the real story!!

Buzz is an old turkey that's seen too many christmas' send him to the Blacktown RSL bowls club already. Can be guaranteed anything he sprouts tonight will be from no descent source.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Waynesaurus
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.