We need another good prop

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Not a fan of luke page. Hits the line hard but so do Blair and thaiday. He doesn't keep driving, he doesn't break the line and he doesn't get a quick play the ball. Yes it looks impressive but he would offer nothing in first grade.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
For those who didn't see it, 1910 hinted that the storm may be in talks to take Blair back.

Edit: disregard. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wow, yeah that makes heaps more sense haha. Must have been wishful thinking on my part.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Luke Page is a machine. Micky Paea is desperately looking to get out of England. I think he may be worth an investment.
Paea has just signed with the Knights, and agree with Page hoping he gets a run soon personally I'd be playing him ahead of Shillo this week but 2nd tier cap is a concern.

Last edited:
R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
That was quite impressive from the Roosters last night.

Can totally see them belting us in a prelim final at Suncorp with their power game.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
They will win the comp if they remain injury free. They're a force.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Lets be honest here, the Storm could not have played any worse. If Slaters there, that game is a hell of a lot closer.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The Roosters weren't great. They should have been way more than 12-0 up at half time and Pearce was invisible for most of the game.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
That was quite impressive from the Roosters last night.

Can totally see them belting us in a prelim final at Suncorp with their power game.

Mehh ....'sif their "power game" lasts for more than a week at a time. They'll be back to playing like the Sharks next week.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mehh ....'sif their "power game" lasts for more than a week at a time. They'll be back to playing like the Sharks next week.

Is that because it will be a case of 'monkey see, monkey do'?

They've been on a roll the past three weeks. With Ferguson set to return I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a little run and be right up there come finals.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Beat(match) them in the forwards and they become just another team. I want to see us up against the top three teams, no not St George but Melbourne, Sydney and the Cows . The Saints are slowly changing my mind though because I thought they were just impostors. Their defence and Marshall/Widdop are starting to earn some real respect I believe. Like the title says, we do need another prop for next year and I'd love a big name with a great attitude..... Bromwich would be nice !

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Is that because it will be a case of 'monkey see, monkey do'?

They've been on a roll the past three weeks. With Ferguson set to return I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a little run and be right up there come finals.

We showed exactly how to deal with their game when we played them, pretty much what the Storm didn't do: right up in their face defensively for most of the match. Simple. Our halves, back row and backline are just as good as theirs if not better.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
We showed exactly how to deal with their game when we played them, pretty much what the Storm didn't do: right up in their face defensively for most of the match. Simple. Our halves, back row and backline are just as good as theirs if not better.

Best game of the year so far IMO ....brutal. More fierce that last weeks SOO game that's fo sure.

The Roosters hard men / "power game" has a soft underbelly.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Best game of the year so far IMO ....brutal. More fierce that last weeks SOO game that's fo sure.

The Roosters hard men / "power game" has a soft underbelly.

Put their pack on their back and Pearce and Maloney are 2nd rate baloney ... did I just say that? I think I'll be this Forum's poet laureate :becky:

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Painin the Haas
  • NSW stables
  • Locky24
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • Manofoneway
  • jarro65
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • The Don
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.