Where is our salary cap going?

Plus the Broncs are paying the Roosters for him.
Why would they be paying anyone, he came from the sharks as an off contract player, so why are they paying the roosters.

I don’t think you can blame the current staff for the Anthony Griffin error blunders.

Milford is a very good player and is doing his job. As is Roberts. Both would have an easier time if we had a decent halfback but it doesn’t take away from how well they are playing despite it. Marshall was very good while at the broncos and I think his current form has a lot to thank his time at the broncos for.

Bird is stinking it up though, no argument from me there.
It's probably not a good idea to bring Hook into consideration. For all his flaws, he practically built the roster that Wayne took to the Grand Final.

Why would they be paying anyone, he came from the sharks as an off contract player, so why are they paying the roosters.

Giphy

It's probably not a good idea to bring Hook into consideration. For all his flaws, he practically built the roster that Wayne took to the Grand Final.
Wonder if he's a Brian Smith type of coach...

Wonder if he's a Brian Smith type of coach...

not quite ... Brian Smith can take a team to the GF but has won exactly 0 of them ...

Bennett on the other hand can take a team to the GF and has won 7 premierships ...

Just on the Bird weight thing - imagine Bellamy with him? He made Kasiano look trim as **** after one off season (which, yes, Bird didn't get via injury) - do you think Bellamy would put up with him looking like he does?

Then again, would Bird even survive under someone like Bellamy?
No he didn't. As I said yesterday, Kasiano lost all of that weight before he showed up to a training session. Bellamy gets absolutely zero credit for his weight loss. But can we speak about George Rose?

not quite ... Brian Smith can take a team to the GF but has won exactly 0 of them ...

Bennett on the other hand can take a team to the GF and has won 7 premierships ...
Nah, I meant Griffin. Good at building a roster but can't make the next step.

No he didn't. As I said yesterday, Kasiano lost all of that weight before he showed up to a training session. Bellamy gets absolutely zero credit for his weight loss. But can we speak about George Rose?
Interesting. I wonder if Bellamy said something to him prior? He was always a fat **** at Bulldogs but turns up at first day of preseason/training dropping 10-15kg?

also George Rose fat - obviously didn't want to put in the effort but I wonder whether his heart was ever in it, think he was one of those guys wherein if he couldn't play for his side he didn't want to play at all.

I don’t think you can blame the current staff for the Anthony Griffin error blunders.

Milford is a very good player and is doing his job. As is Roberts. Both would have an easier time if we had a decent halfback but it doesn’t take away from how well they are playing despite it. Marshall was very good while at the broncos and I think his current form has a lot to thank his time at the broncos for.

Bird is stinking it up though, no argument from me there.
I'm not blaming anyone in particular, merely pointing out a common trend over the past decade.

Nah, I meant Griffin. Good at building a roster but can't make the next step.

I'm with you now ... then i retract my previous comment as it is probably a spot on comparison

That's explains how your mind works but not what the comment meant, so in the words of a an ugly redhead had, "please explain".

It's an ongoing joke on the forum about how the ***** can continuously afford top tier talent. For eg they were able to afford Cooper Cronk with money left over from Fittler retiring.

Ennis doesn't hold back, as usual. He does however come dangerously close to calling Hunt a game manager lol

I find it funny when people just list names without ever wondering if those players were even an option.

You can't just pick out a name in the list and click your fingers and boom, they are at the club. Not every player wants to move to another state, especially if they have offers to stay exactly where they are.

We went hard after a halfback, and we thought we had him but we didn't get him. It happens.

The Milford/Nikorima option was working great last year. We brought in Kevvie who was a vital part of our 2015 season.

It's not like we sat on our fucking hands and did nothing.

We had a plan a and a plan b. We also brought in a very promising halfback who will get a shot when he is ready.

I'm sure if Wayne had a crystal ball, he would have done things differently. But he doesn't. It's now up to him to sort out our halfback crisis when there are actually players available. People are just going to have to be patient.

It's an ongoing joke on the forum about how the ***** can continuously afford top tier talent. For eg they were able to afford Cooper Cronk with money left over from Fittler retiring.
And Tedesco with the money Minichello was on.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Sproj
  • azza.79
  • Evander
  • Dash
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • ostin86
  • Johnny92
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.