Who was better?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Dean Schifilliti - only because he's the only one I recognise.

Brett Seymour or Ben Walker?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dean Schifilliti - only because he's the only one I recognise.

Brett Seymour or Ben Walker?

Ben Walker, had an outstanding season for the Broncos in 1999 and had some decent seasons at other clubs as well, Brett Seymour was average at best.

Michael Devere or Chris Johns

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Gonna have to say Mick De Vere - too young to see Chris Johns in his heyday.

De Vere was one of those blokes every team needs. His attitude was always exemplary, and he gave his all on the field. He wasn't the most skillful or entertaining player, but he made the most of his talents and was a very effective player for us. His goal-kicking ability was just icing on the cake. I was delighted for him when he finally got the call up for NSW, and then the Kangaroo tour as well I think. Truly deserved it.

Paul Bowman or Josh Hannay?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I actually think Josh Hannay had the better skills and talent, he just didn't realise them, which makes Bowman the better player.

Karmichael Hunt or Isreal Folau?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hmm two wankers, lemme see... Hunt, no hesitation he was by far the better player and way more important to the team.

Tony Williams Vs Dave Taylor

Last edited:
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hmm two wankers, lemme see... Hunt, no hesitation he was by far the better player and way more important to the team.

Tony Williams Vs Dave Taylor

Taylor. By far. While he has his marshmallow moments, he's not as mindnumbingly stupid and incompetent as Williams.

Darrell Trindall or Craig Field?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I reckon Craig Field, only saw a little of both players, but I thought Field was a little more creative.

Martin Bella or Darryl Brohman?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The big marn, He could actually play the ball the right way

Matt Bowen V Julian O'Neill

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Matty Bowen all the way!

Brett Stewart or Josh Dugan

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Ergh... tough one.

Dugan probably has more potential, but I'm not sure if he'll every achieve it given his injury troubles. He's one of those rare players who is just impossible to tackle, really slippery, like he's covered in spiders or something. I hate Brett Stewart - he's a little turd - but I'll pick him here purely on the basis that he's done more in the game than Dugan has. I don't think he's anything special though. Plus, he's a turd.

Matt Gidley or Ryan Girdler?

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
Girds mos def. Was a pleasure to watch except for the 1000 points he scored in that origin.

John Plath or Phil Lee?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Plathy, he was a lot more versatile and could play in the backs as well as the forwards.

Adam "Mad Dog" Macdougal V Rod "Rocket" Wishart

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I hated both of those players with a burning passion. Wishart.

Peter Stirling or Ricky Stuart?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Peter Sterling, Stuart was quality don't get me wrong but Sterling was just another level above him.

Paul Green or Adrian Lam

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Adrian Lam. Green made a good start to his career but was merely average after a certain point. Thought Lam at worse was enigmatic and was still capable of ripping teams apart at any level.

Daly Cherry-Evans vs. Shaun Johnson

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Daly Cherry-Evans is the more consistent guy, and even if Shaun Johnson can do freaky stuff on occasion, I'd prefer the Qld'er in my team!

Glenn Stewart or Luke Lewis

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Daly Cherry-Evans is the more consistent guy, and even if Shaun Johnson can do freaky stuff on occasion, I'd prefer the Qld'er in my team!

Glenn Stewart or Luke Lewis

Can I jump in? Very close but I have to give the nod to Lewis. Both are great workers, run great lines, and are good at being link-men in attack. However, while some have said that Lewis' versatility waters down his standing as a second rower / lock, for me it doesn't take anything away from his appeal. I don't think that he'd be able to truly handle 5/8 primarily any more, but you could easily throw him in the centres for NSW or Australia and he'd do a fantastic job. I've said for a few years now that he'd be the answer in stopping Inglis. You couldn't say the same for Glenn, and he doesn't have anything above & beyond Lewis in their main roles.

Is this where I suggest another duo? I haven't read this thread fully so not sure who's been done, but let's go Tariq Sims & Tony Williams.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
That's a close one but I'll go with the boy from Gerrigong Tariq. He is far more consistent and has a lot more heart and dedication and doesn't need somebody to keep him motivated. Brett Kenny v Peter Sterling

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.