Who was better?

Is that a joke? Daley by the distance to the next galaxy!

Webcke or Lazarus?

Is that a joke? Daley by the distance to the next galaxy!

Webcke or Lazarus?

Laz. It's one thing to be a benchmark, another to be a revolution.

Parker or Matterson?

Laz. It's one thing to be a benchmark, another to be a revolution.

Parker or Matterson?

Matterson. One of the most underrated ball playing forwards in my lifetime.

Brad Fittler or Cooper Cronk

Matterson. One of the most underrated ball playing forwards in my lifetime.

Brad Fittler or Cooper Cronk

Fittler for raw skill over Cronk's relentless work ethic.

Robbie O'Davis or Tim Brasher?

Tim Brasher, may not have won a premiership at the Tigers or other clubs but was just well above O'Davis as a fullback often in sides with lesser players around him.

Andrew Gee or Ben Hannant

Andrew Gee by miles and miles. He is a broncos great.

Jason Smith or Darren Smith?

At first I thought you just picked the only guy Nutley could be considered better than but the more I thought about it, the better the comparison became.

I'd still pick Nutley, but in terms of career achievements, Webb played more Origin and actually received that elusive Kangaroo jersey (although it wasn't exactly green and gold). In terms of talent, Webb has it in spades over Nutley...but I never liked Webb's attitude. Nutley relished in being consistent and doing the hard yards, Webb prefered to get involved in the biff, make the odd big run or two and perhaps pop an offload or put a shot on. He didn't have the ticker of Nutley and I don't think he ended his career as well as Nutley did. I mean, these days, Webb seems more like a punchline than anything else which really can be unfair but that's what happens when you don't apply yourself with all that talent.

Adrian Morley vs. Gareth Ellis - Battle of the English Exports.

Morley. He's had a bigger impact during his time here, and was part of that amazing early 2000s Roosters defence.

Brad Thorn vs Tonie Carroll

Both had strange careers at the broncos, so I guess you have to look at there performances in their prime and most importantly their value to the team, for me it goes to Brad Thorn. I think he set the mark for the modern back rower.

Gordon Tallis v Nathan Hindmarsh?

Tallis, he had more of an impact on the team than Hindmarsh did and was a mainstay in all representative teams. + That tackle on Hodgson.

Luke Priddis in his prime V Cam Smith?

Funny, I would've gone Carroll.

Despite Hindy's work ethic, likeability and longevity, I'll give it to Tallis. There is no substitute for that mongrel, leadership, inspiring his troops and imposing respect to the opposition. Besides, there is of course my bias for anything Broncos, and the fact he was a captain of the Broncos and Queensland!

Mitchell Pearce vs. Peter Wallace (Fourex, you can't answer! :001_tt2:)

P.S. Didn't see your post Spwn, but Cam Smith without a doubt. He is simply the best hooker ever imo.

Last edited:
Excuse my language but there's a bee's dick in it and as such I've got to stick with my biases - Wallace.

It's sort of like the Webb/Nutley comparison in that I think Pearce has more natural ability - better running game, better short kicking game etc. but despite that advantage, Pearce has little to show for it. At least with Wallace, he's pretty reliable at the clutch (one thing he never gets credit for, honestly, he was more reliable than Locky at times) and he doesn't go MIA (even when it doesn't work out for him).

Matt King vs. Nigel Vangana - Battle of the 00 centres

Vagana by a mile. He was such a talented player, and every bit as tough as King.

Julian O'Neill or Brett Mullins

I'll leave someone else to answer that but also agree Vagana was a much better player.

Unfortunately Brett Mullins. Again, I think it's a case of Julian O'Neil had massive potential, but basically because he was a massive git he didn't realise it. It could be argued he had the better SOO career, in fact he was pretty awesome from what I remember in SOO, but Mullins easily delivered more at club level.

Shaun Berrigan v John Plath

Berrigan. Man he was amazing in 2006, the fact that he got Cam Smith benched and had equal game time for Australia that year speaks volumes of how good he was.

James Graham V Ben Hannant?

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Griffo
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.