Who was better?

Ben Hannant at this stage. Haven't seen much of Graham outside of NRL, but he does seem like a good player.

Matt King v Beau Chanpion?

Matt King easily, even though I hate the giant turd. He has accomplished so much more in his career than Champion. He is a giant turd though.

Tony Puletua or Joe Galuvao when they were both in their prime with Penrith?

Tony Puletua he was a great ball runner and was a real threat for any team he played for. Here is big T at his best

Main reason why I brought this back. Really want to know the answer to this

Cliff Lyons V Greg Alexander

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff Lyons for mine. Aside from his longevity he had time. A rare thing for a player is the time to do things even when the defences game plan is to rush them. Lyons seemed to have an eternity to make his move. Alexander was graceful and light on his feet but, Lyons for me.

Peter Wallace versus Jeff Robson ?

Wallace, more talented and achieved more over a longer period.

Darren Smith vs. Jason Smith

That's a tough one but I would go with Dazza. He excelled in any position, had great longetivity and scored 23 tries in one year (1998) I also had him as a teacher one year and he is an awesome bloke.

Preston Campbell V Matt Orford

No brainer. Preston Campbell has been the "Tiny giant" of Rugby League for most of his career. Orful was a one season wonder...

Nathan Hindmarsh or Dallas Johnson

Nathan Hindmarsh - fairly easily too. Johnson is an admirable player but Hindmarsh in his prime was the complete package and even towards the end of his career a handy asset.

Dallas Johnson vs. Alan Tongue

Johnson. He has proved himself in the rep arena, which puts him ahead of Tongue for me.

Alex Glenn vs Matt Gillett

At this stage of their careers I'd say Glenn. He's probably more consistent. However, if Gillett can defend on a weekly basis like he did in Origin he could end up being the better player.

Shane Webke v Glenn Lazarus?

That's a tough one! Both played a lot of games for their state and country, both won a lot of premierships.. I'd have to say Lazarus purely because he won 5 premierships across 3 different clubs, that just shows how much of an impact he truly did have.

Both were awesome players but I would go with Lazzo not because he is a Blue but because our domination and forward control of the 90's started when he came aboard, played in 8 grand finals and won a premiership with 3 different clubs and he also had a massive influence in any team he played for I can't think of any other player with a career like that. Still love Webcke though one of my favourites. Steve Renouf V Andrew Ettinghausen

Steve Renouf. On pure talent, premierships, and ability to find the try line. ET would have him for longevity of course.

Ben Walker vs Brett Seymour

Ben Walker. He was a genius, just didn't have the heart.

I know they're at different stages of their coaching careers, but: Bennett or Haslar?

You'd have to go with Bennett, he will probably go down as the greatest coach ever when he does eventually retire.

Andrew Gee vs Brad Thorn

Brad thorn. Both aggressive, both conceded penalties, but thorn just a bit more dynamic and reliable

Darren Smith or Michael de vere

Last edited:
Both really underrated. Darren Smith. I liked that he got a try nearly every game when he came back.

Karmichael Hunt vs Pre Five-Eighth Lockyer

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.