Votes: 78 52.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Other - state your reasons

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
I said yes at 700k or less but I don't see that happening, he'd be more likely at 850 or so especially with the increased cap.

That being said, I think we should try our best to get him. Capewell and Riki just aren't impact players, they can play big minutes so having Riki on the bench rotating with Fifita and Capewell would give Riki and Capewell a bit more oomph with fatigue not coming into the equation as much.

Just miss seeing this in a Broncos jersey:

To expand on what I said: I just don't see the appeal of a player like Dave Fifita, I get he has insane ability when he is on but we can all see his mentality is weak as ****, he is the Staggs of forwards without the defensive intent. where the **** is he half the games he plays?

We already fucked up by letting Herbie go to cater for Staggs(who is playing in his preferred centre side), who would we have to send packing to get this guy back.

We already have bundles of strike players, he might be mates with Haas and some might think it would help keep him, but Haas is a completely different type of player, he might be on the greedy side(likely to help his basket case family who probably put huge pressure on the guy) but you can never fault Payne for effort he bleeds for the jersey, this guy on the other hand is just soft.

If we want to get a special forward, Tino is clearly the answer, imagine how good we would be if we got him with Carrigan and Haas in the team, the comp would fold for us.

I bet there isn't a single day Storm don't think what if when Tino left him.

Don't judge him on his Titans efforts, would be my advice to you.

No thanks. The gap between his best and worst games is enormous. Also a lazy defender who can be caught out not pushing up on the inside or just plain goes missing for large parts of a game.

I'm judging him on all his efforts, he was invisible for us alot as well, people forget that.

He was an impact player for us, that’s how he should be used.

I think the Titans made a big mistake paying that much for an edge forward, they don’t typically win you games of footy.

Riki is invisible in attack 100% of the time rn
But who will cover his 40 plus tackles if you bring in dave?

Rather not have more fair weather players, we already have Staggs that's enough.

But who will cover his 40 plus tackles if you bring in dave?

Rather not have more fair weather players, we already have Staggs that's enough.

Riki doesn't disappear, he's still in the rotation.

If we sign Fifita I think our ideal bench would be

14. Back up hooker whoever it is
15. Tapau - if he's around. Prop rotation with Jensen/Haas
16. Riki - can cover prop and second row
17'. Hetherington - second row/lock

We've got no forwards that offer a game breaking threat that Fifita does.

In isolation is he worth $1.2 mill a season? No. Does he bring 1.2 mill in impact to the team? No. 850k in isolation? Maybe but in impact to the team, yes.

Not to mention, if he's playing for us, he actually would care as he loves the Broncos. If he is in the side as it is now where there is accountability and competition for spots, these factors would bring out his best again.

Imagine Mam-Fifita-Cobbo-Oates on the left, that's frightening for any opposition. Who do you target? Any one of those four can tear you apart.

Imagine Mam-Fifita-Cobbo-Oates on the left
As a defender counting numbers all you see is danger, danger, danger and danger. All 4 can hurt you just by having your feet pointing 1cm the wrong way!
The thing I grapple with is the defence and more importantly the defensive cohesion between the 4. They’re all improving and aren’t afraid to put their bodies on the line, but defence is more than that. It’s doing what we did to the Panthers week in week out for the full 80mins.

As a defender counting numbers all you see is danger, danger, danger and danger. All 4 can hurt you just by having your feet pointing 1cm the wrong way!
The thing I grapple with is the defence and more importantly the defensive cohesion between the 4. They’re all improving and aren’t afraid to put their bodies on the line, but defence is more than that. It’s doing what we did to the Panthers week in week out for the full 80mins.

Sure but all four of those guys can defend just fine and communication and cohesion will come with practice together.

Brent Read saying Fifita wants to come back to us.

Says wherever he goes he'll need to take a pay cut but it will be bigger if he comes back to us. (Since we need to keep money to extend Patty and Payne)

Says the club want to know he is serious about a return and if he is, they'll get serious in the discussions.

I'm a jaded ex when it comes to Fifita. Same with Walsh.

I won't say no to taking them back, but they have a lot to make up for.

I just fucking hate that they bailed when we were at our worst, and while I understand why, it still left a bitter taste.

A premiership would go a long way to healing those wounds.

For full disclosure, I said yes as long as he is 700K or under.
Do we read anything into yesterday’s performance?

“Fifita finished with 162 metres from 17 carries, five tackle busts, one linebreak, one try assist and he made 27 tackles but also missed six.”

The missed 6 tackles part is the one that concerns most fans I think. Not suggesting this was the case yesterday, but it’s no use scoring 1-2 tries a game if you cost your team 2-3.

For full disclosure, I said yes as long as he is 700K or under.
Do we read anything into yesterday’s performance?

“Fifita finished with 162 metres from 17 carries, five tackle busts, one linebreak, one try assist and he made 27 tackles but also missed six.”

The missed 6 tackles part is the one that concerns most fans I think. Not suggesting this was the case yesterday, but it’s no use scoring 1-2 tries a game if you cost your team 2-3.

I'm surprised at that stat to be honest, I thought he defended pretty well.

I watched maybe 10 minutes of the game, so that’s why I put it out there, can’t hand on heart comment one way or the other.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • HarryAllan7
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • DrGee
  • Foordy
  • kman
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.