11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Ben Hunt/Peter Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Dodds/ J Wallace
17. Hala

Be surprised to see Yow Yeh coming back in 2013 .......maybe late

Hoffman will need to show he is committed, early. If not..... it kinda has to be Norman at fullback and ole Pete gets to worm his way back into the starting line up.

Updating my update;

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Reed/Whitchurch
6. Norman
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Ben Hunt/Peter Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Stagg/Dodds/ J Wallace
17. Hala

Bench looks stronger with Stagg around.....

My team for 2013

1: Josh Hoffman
2: Lachlan Maranta
3: Jack Reed
4: Justin Hodges
5: Jharal Yow Yeh (if he comes back early)
6: Peter Wallace
7: Scott Prince
8: Josh McGuire
9: Andrew McCullough
10: Ben Hannat
11: Alex Glenn
12: Sam Thiaday
13: Corey Parker

14: Corey Norman
15: Matt Gillet
16: David Stagg
17: Dale Copley

My team for 2013

1: Josh Hoffman
2: Lachlan Maranta
3: Jack Reed
4: Justin Hodges
5: Jharal Yow Yeh (if he comes back early)
6: Peter Wallace
7: Scott Prince
8: Josh McGuire
9: Andrew McCullough
10: Ben Hannat
11: Alex Glenn
12: Sam Thiaday
13: Corey Parker

14: Corey Norman
15: Matt Gillet
16: David Stagg
17: Dale Copley

Henjak?

Little bit left field - but here's what I'd toy with in the trials at least.

1. Norman
2. Copley
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Reed
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Stagg
16. Wallace/Dodds
17. Hala

1. Norman
2. Copley
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Reed
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Stagg
16. Wallace/Dodds
17. Hala

I like this a lot Clintos, been thinking along the same lines

1. Norman
2. Copley
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Reed
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Stagg
16. Wallace/Dodds
17. Hala
Pretty much exactly what i would have except i would swap hoffman and reed

Did you read the bit about "Brisbane Broncos First Grade Side"? This is the best run and most successful RL team in the country over the last 20 years. I expect high standards from the players who wear the jersey because I like thousands of others pay good money to watch them play over the years. To have one of these guys admit to not putting in means as far as I am concerned he has no respect for the players around him, no respect for the staff and no respect for the fans. What I do or do not do in my job is completely irrelevant, you are one of those d1ckheads that goes around saying you have never played first grade so you can't criticise footy players aren't you?

A bit harsh. This kind of self-effacing comment at least acknowledges that the end of last season was poor. Hoffman's admission might be a little harsh on himself and his thoughts or feelings about the reasons for his shit performances aren't necessarily the right ones.

I feel sorry for Hoffman because he was injured (noting most of those were head knocks), playing out of position and essentially making way for Hook's attempts to do something to correct the woeful performances of Wallace and Norman.

Playing fullback is so much different to playing wing.

How would you feel if the office ****-up (Norman) was given your job and you were assigned to photocopy duties "for the good of the team".. It wouldn't sit well with me, especially then when I'm not sure how to use the photocopier in the first place and people start calling me the ****-up when I can't do it properly.

A bit harsh. This kind of self-effacing comment at least acknowledges that the end of last season was poor. Hoffman's admission might be a little harsh on himself and his thoughts or feelings about the reasons for his **** performances aren't necessarily the right ones.

I feel sorry for Hoffman because he was injured (noting most of those were head knocks), playing out of position and essentially making way for Hook's attempts to do something to correct the woeful performances of Wallace and Norman.

Playing fullback is so much different to playing wing.

How would you feel if the office ****-up (Norman) was given your job and you were assigned to photocopy duties "for the good of the team".. It wouldn't sit well with me, especially then when I'm not sure how to use the photocopier in the first place and people start calling me the ****-up when I can't do it properly.

Haha I like this a lot, and it's pretty true

It looks to me as though it's shaping up this way:

1.norman/Hoffman (depending on pre season form.)
2.Yow Yeh (For first couple of rounds most likely Maranta or if Norman is 1. then Hoffman.)
3.Hodges (I might have the wrong side of the field. If neither Hoffman or Norman work out shift hodges to FB and Copely to Centre.)
4. Reed
5. Copely
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Mcguire
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday (C)
13. Parker

14. Gillet
15. Stagg
16. Hala
16. Hunt(If macca can play 80 then maybe Dodds/Gibb/Lui/Wallace)

It's only really 5. down that there is question over (and maybe one bench spot) Hodges and the Prince Wallace combo are the only sure things in the back line I think. Probably Reed too but I could see Hoffman over Reed trialed if he isn't FB

Don't see the point of having two second rowers on the bench. That means you have to mess around with Thaiday/Glenn/Parker who are all 80 minute players. IMO Stagg just misses out. I fully support his signing though as it puts pressure on the others to perform.

No ones mentioning that lad Whitchurch (sic)..forgotten ? injured ? left ?

I haven't forgotten his performance in the QLD cup grand final lol.

My team now that we have some new additions.

1. Norman
2. Reed/Copley
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Maranta/JYY when ready
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Stagg
15. Hala
16. Gillett
17. Gibb/Whitchurch/J Wallace someone else that sticks his hand up during the preseason

1. Norman
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Hoffman
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Hala/Lui/Dodds/Anderson

1 prop off the bench looks mighty skinny unless Parker or Thaiday enter the front row rotation, which would have to happen if we play Gillett and Stagg off the bench (almost certain) and presumably stick with the Hunt/McCullough rotation.

I think that's the likely layout for the 13 subsligh

Have you left out YY coz you don't think he'll be back for quite awhile?

If he is back I guess that means Copley drops out - feel a bit sorry for him and Maranta, as both look promising

The burning question is as you have raised it - 1 prop on the bench; will we lose Hunt and go with 2 props on the bench or leave him there and push Parker/Thaiday into the rotation up front?

Big question and I look forward to Hook's answer :)

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • pagey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.