Your 2013 team.

Going to the open training session tomorrow morning at Ipswich, can't wait

Awesome stuff b4l, I expect a report on my desk that afternoon.

Plenty of BP dollars in it!

Will do boss, especially now there are BP dollars involved :)

1. Hoffman - I think on the back of a half that actually knows how to pass he will really find form - TBH I reckon he will become one of the best fullbacks in the game
2. Copley - He is getting better and better. I can see him eventually taking over hodges centre spot as that is his best position but in the meantime he is reliable
3. Reed - He was a bit down on form but I put that down to the 2nd year, injury and last years halves pairing.
4. Hodges - No brainer. Still our best backline weapon. While I think he would kill it at fullback I just dont think his body is up to it.
5. Kemp or - I know there are many options there but they are all largely untested, I think given a chance kemp can find some decent form again, and his shear speed issomething we have really missed in the backline.
6. Wallace - Our 2 best halves need to be there and they aren't Hunt or Norman
7. Prince - This is a no brainer despite what the papers and hook would have you believe. Prince should give some much needed creativity to the team
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire - Has earnt the starting spot
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Norman - Delivers true utility value. Can cover pretty much any position bar prop if needs be and could see him very valuable coming on late in the game as a ball playing backrower
15. Gillett
16. Anderson - What?!? we are short of props
17. Dodds

Hunt back to Qcup to learn how to be a halfback

You'd need to absolutely hate Maranta to pick Kemp ahead of him.

You don't think Stagg will get a bench spot? Also how was training?

You don't think Stagg will get a bench spot? Also how was training?

Well in my opinion his spot would have to be at the expense of gillett. We need to props on the bench IMO

In regards to training I slept in :(

You'd need to absolutely hate Maranta to pick Kemp ahead of him.

I like Maranta, I just think we need speed... its just my opinion. In reality that spot is wide open with Maranta, Bond, Georgetown, Berryman, Kemp and Kahu all vying for it.... it will come down to training and trial form

This is an exercise in futility, as the trial form will be of massive importance for a number of spots, but taking the premise that all players are at their best, this is what I expect to happen:

1- Norman (May not be as good defensively as Hoffman, but is a much better ball player and has a much needed good long kicking game)
2- Copley (Could move to centre if Reed doesn't recover his 2011 form, at which point Maranta comes in)
3- Reed
4- Hodges
5- Hoffman (unless Yow Yeh is ready to go)
6- Wallace
7- Prince
8- Hannant
9- McCullough
10-Thaiday
11-Glenn
12-Gillett
13-Parker

14-Stagg
15-McGuire
16-Hala
17-Hunt (Hunt should play halfback in Qcup, and Baptiste or even Granville should be the ones relieving Macca)

Maranta, Kemp, Kahu, Lui, Dodds, Anderson, Whitchurch, Gibb, J. Wallace are all more than capable of filling most spots during the season.

What I'd like to see:

1- Norman
2- Hoffman
3- Copley
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Wallace
7- Prince
8- Hannant
9- Macca
10-Parker (I would much prefer to see him playing prop than Thaiday, as he has a good hit-up and offload, while having the defense to tighten the ruck)
11-Glenn
12-Thaiday
13-Gillett (Still believe he has the ability to excel in the position, as long as he forgets the bad habits)

14-Stagg
15-McGuire
16-Hala
17-Baptiste

Regardless, we have a very versatile forward pack that can be molded to do anything, and I think we can't afford not to have a good ball player at fullback, which is why I can't see Hoffman keeping the spot.

Far out, just realised how well off we are for wingers, 3 years ago we had next to no depth there.

Hope you all remember to keep Hala on your bench.

This will be the team round 1, not that I agree with it.

1. Hoffman (would rather anyone but him, give maranta or Norman or even bond a chance. We don't have good enough halves to not have a full back that can pass the ball)
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Mccoulach
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thiday
13. Parker

14. Norman (better utility than hunt)
15. Gillet
16. Stagg
17. Hala

Sorry for the spelling. Also mark my words this will be Hodges's best year.

Unfortunately I don't have big hopes for the future of Norman. I remember a game last year that we were 8 points behind with 6 mins to play. Norman was kicking off after they got 2 points and Glenn ran over and pointed for a short kick, Norman said no with a defeated look on his face. Glenn was not happy and showed it as did reed and Parker. Since I saw this I thought he will never be a good player. Sorry for the rant.

Also whenever an overlap presented itself the backs would scream for the ball only to be dumbfounded when he took a hit-up or kicked it.

Bob and vertigo I agree that I don't see a future for Norman as a half, he just isn't up to it. I do however see him bulking up and becoming an excellent ball playing backrower, in a similar mould to parker

Unfortunately I don't have big hopes for the future of Norman. I remember a game last year that we were 8 points behind with 6 mins to play. Norman was kicking off after they got 2 points and Glenn ran over and pointed for a short kick, Norman said no with a defeated look on his face. Glenn was not happy and showed it as did reed and Parker. Since I saw this I thought he will never be a good player. Sorry for the rant.

6 minutes is a long time. 3 or 4 sets. Maybe even a forced error.

Kick off short fails, receive the ball inside your 10M with 5 minutes to go and at least 2 more sets before you're in an attacking position. Game over.

Last I heard playmakers are wise NOT to take advice from outside backs and loose forwards and Hook coaches the shit through this team to play the percentages.

Bob and vertigo I agree that I don't see a future for Norman as a half, he just isn't up to it. I do however see him bulking up and becoming an excellent ball playing backrower, in a similar mould to parker

Everytime I hear this about Norman I chuckle. He is a woeful defender and would be a liability in the middle or on the fringe. He's actually a reasonable runner of the ball, but he needs to work on picking his moments to run and he needs to hit the gym so he breaks the line more often.

Name me a skinny playmaker that has succeeded as a backrower? Corey's an ex-prop. Completely different backgrounds, skills, size and abilities. Luke Lewis springs to mind but he was an athletic winger/centre to start with.

At best Norman might develop into a running 5/8 like a Brad Fittler, Trent Barrett or Braith Anasta mould.

He needs some maturity, a set back to show that not everything is given to him on a platter. Prince taking his spot might do that as would a stint in Sydney away from his family and mother's wing might toughen him up a bit (for better or worse for the Broncos).

Also whenever an overlap presented itself the backs would scream for the ball only to be dumbfounded when he took a hit-up or kicked it.

True. Hook seemed to coach Norman last year to run it more often.

This year should be pass it and give it early. Let the outside backs figure it out.

Everytime I hear this about Norman I chuckle. He is a woeful defender and would be a liability in the middle or on the fringe. He's actually a reasonable runner of the ball, but he needs to work on picking his moments to run and he needs to hit the gym so he breaks the line more often.

Name me a skinny playmaker that has succeeded as a backrower? Corey's an ex-prop. Completely different backgrounds, skills, size and abilities. Luke Lewis springs to mind but he was an athletic winger/centre to start with.

At best Norman might develop into a running 5/8 like a Brad Fittler, Trent Barrett or Braith Anasta mould.

He needs some maturity, a set back to show that not everything is given to him on a platter. Prince taking his spot might do that as would a stint in Sydney away from his family and mother's wing might toughen him up a bit (for better or worse for the Broncos).

I said him putting on weight, look at his shoulders he has the frame to put on a lot of muscle. Why don't you read people's comments before riding in on your horse once a week to douse everyone's opinions with your ignorance and sense of self importance

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.