22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Cobbo - Yes.
Farnworth - Yes, if he'll play centre
Flegler - as of right now, I'm in the no camp, but with Haas imminent departure, it may be necessary
Haas - **** no, he's blown it from my point of view
Hetherington - Yes on a mid ranged deal
Mam - Yes
Niu - No, he's massively overrated and there's nowhere left in the side for him
Paix - Yes, just because no other options
Palasia - As of right now, no.
Piakura - Yes, if only for depth
Riki - No
Robati - Yes, if only for depth
Staggs - As of right now, no. He doesn't look like he wants to be here anymore
Turpin - **** No
Willison - Too early to say

Staggs - I actually feel people were a tad harsh on Staggs here. was starting to form a good combination with Cobbo (pre-Origin). I also think Staggs being next to Cobbo, opens up room for Cobbo to do what he does, as there is another lethal ball runner the defense has to worry about.

People were harsh because he didn`t deliver .
5 tries for the season from the strike weapon is not good enough . Doesn`t involve himself . Too many mistakes in attack and defence . Waaay below par for his money .

People were harsh because he didn`t deliver .
5 tries for the season from the strike weapon is not good enough . Doesn`t involve himself . Too many mistakes in attack and defence . Waaay below par for his money .
Also the “space” he left Cobbo resulted in either the ball or Cobbo going over the sideline (usually early in the tackle count).

Replacing ‘sad Ben Affleck’ ..

5297E6A4 9338 4133 B0B5 EC82DEF3AAA3

I don't understand the Flegler hate at all.

Has improved so much this year and his aggression is exactly what we need.

Will only continue to improve next year.
No hate at all, I like him and from what I've heard he's a nice and quiet guy off the field too. It has definitely been his best year, but just too many penalties and sin bins and still a lot of inconsistency. Now some of the penalties have been pretty unfair, but I feel like the refs will just keep on targeting him anyway. If he can cut the penalties in half next year while bringing the average running metres to at least 130+, I think he'll be worth persisting with.

I don't understand the Flegler hate at all.

Has improved so much this year and his aggression is exactly what we need.

Will only continue to improve next year.
The hate is because he does dumb undisciplined things that end up disadvantaging the side. He does this because he's literally the only forward with any mongrel. Stints on the sideline are the inevitable price.

No hate at all, I like him and from what I've heard he's a nice and quiet guy off the field too. It has definitely been his best year, but just too many penalties and sin bins and still a lot of inconsistency. Now some of the penalties have been pretty unfair, but I feel like the refs will just keep on targeting him anyway. If he can cut the penalties in half next year while bringing the average running metres to at least 130+, I think he'll be worth persisting with.
He's been put on report more than he's been charged, but that's fair enough and how it should be done.

It's also reasonable to profile some players who have a track record of repeated infringements. I guess if you're going to complain it's that it appears some other players seem to get away with more. Can't really comment on that, but McGuire seemed to be sailing pretty close to the wind a lot last night.

The hate is because he does dumb undisciplined things that end up disadvantaging the side. He does this because he's literally the only forward with any mongrel. Stints on the sideline are the inevitable price.
Nobody in any other club would’ve been binned for that tackle. Anyone could see the opponent fell into the tackle because of the deflection of the first tackler.

Would’ve been a perfect tackle otherwise.

Nobody in any other club would’ve been binned for that tackle. Anyone could see the opponent fell into the tackle because of the deflection of the first tackler.

I didn't understand why that was a binning either. Maybe it looked worse close up. I'll be surprised if he's charged for it.

I rate Flegler highly and he's coming along well as a player, but unfortunately, the refs have put a big target on him (IMO unfairly) to the point it just disadvantages us way too much. We either need to grow some balls and ask for a "please explain" from the NRL on why he gets targeted but grubs like NAS and JWH get away with all their shit, or we simply have to let Flegler go.

i also think that the first contact was Fleglers head hitting the shoulder of the Dragons player

First thing Kw should do is get to the bottom of why our highest payed players all played shit for the last 6 weeks.
Arey
Haas
Staggs
Capewell
IMO that's where it's all gone wrong.
We have to have impact in defence, catching and holding is not the same as hitting and wrestling. We aren't close to a good defensive system so that has to change.
As for hooker, decide what we want to do. If we can't get anyone decent and need a tacklebot then Hetherington should be converted. He can't be worse at passing off the ground or running than our current options but the D would improve through the roof. Paix to come off the bench.
Losing herbie to keep Staggs should not be an option.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • maddo
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mrslong
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.