Allan Langer charged with drink-driving

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Huge, mate you are clearly not understanding so I won't bother much further. But I will ask this question - do you not think for one second that the Broncos players and officials would have something incorporated into their code of conduct that prohibits them from behaving this way? Maybe (and it's very very possible) the views of the general public did not get considered at all in the decision to stand Alf down. The Broncos obviously have standards of their staff and I am sure drink driving is a sackable offence in their eyes, no matter what the public thinks.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Huge mate, I know where you're coming from... I've always said I don't like the role model business myself but unfortunately that is just the WAY IT IS.
I myself have an extreme dislike for it - to take it from a different angle I hate how celebrities are treated by the public... I know they get paid well but I wish people would leave them the hell alone.
Anyway, things must be taken into context - we ALL KNOW what the RL media crapola and RL PR has been over the past few seasons. Take Matty for example - was the sacking by NINE the right decision? of course it was.
Same for Alfie I'm afraid.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Huge if Alf gets sacked it won't be a decision taken from being judged by the Broncos it will be a business decision based on how much damage is being done to the Broncos brand.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Did anyone else while reading Huges rant picture him in a Head Masters cloak, looking over his glasses while holding a cane hahahaha

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Firstly I'll deal with how I view myself and my capacity to reason and understand. It's true I have above average intelligence and above average abilities. These observations are not mine but the view of the many who have tested me. That being the case it follows that there are many who feel inadequate when engaging with me. This inadequacy cannot be blamed on me because it is caused by an unflattering but accurate self evaluation.

Secondly, my views are seldom a rant. They are very nicely expressed, considered and well written. No surprise there.

Thirdly, I do not insult those who respond in a thinking manner. I also do not insult others for self-aggrandisement. I have no need for such banality. For some it is the lingua franca , the bridge between us if you like.

Fourthly , I am able to differentiate between what I'd like to believe is a widespread and commonly held belief and with the common view actually held.

Lastly I will point out the blatantly obvious ( for the reason most bright ones amongst you will appreciate ) and say, justice for Allan Langer will be decided by fully matured people not by some inexperienced reactionaries . Although you (picture yourself here if you like, make it personal,get angry and hostile) disagree and want to make it an emotive,confused and ill-considered response cool heads (unlike yours) will decide his fate.

You people call them old people, I call them contemporarys.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Does anyone know if he has signed a contract and what that entails? Maybe in his work agreement contract it states he must adhere to the same standards as the players?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Huge. said:
Firstly I'll deal with how I view myself and my capacity to reason and understand. It's true I have above average intelligence and above average abilities. These observations are not mine but the view of the many who have tested me. That being the case it follows that there are many who feel inadequate when engaging with me. This inadequacy cannot be blamed on me because it is caused by an unflattering but accurate self evaluation.

Secondly, my views are seldom a rant. They are very nicely expressed, considered and well written. No surprise there.

Thirdly, I do not insult those who respond in a thinking manner. I also do not insult others for self-aggrandisement. I have no need for such banality. For some it is the lingua franca , the bridge between us if you like.

Fourthly , I am able to differentiate between what I'd like to believe is a widespread and commonly held belief and with the common view actually held.

Lastly I will point out the blatantly obvious ( for the reason most bright ones amongst you will appreciate ) and say, justice for Allan Langer will be decided by fully matured people not by some inexperienced reactionaries . Although you (picture yourself here if you like, make it personal,get angry and hostile) disagree and want to make it an emotive,confused and ill-considered response cool heads (unlike yours) will decide his fate.

WOW.
You are so up yourself, you must think your gods gift to earth, news flash you are not.
The entire post you just made revolves around you saying how awesome you think you are and how all of us are a level below you. I would love to meet you some time, oh higher one.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I'm smarter than a hamster, does that count huge??

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Huge. said:

Book smarts Vs Street smarts..

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If anyone's watched Malcolm in the Middle, think Jason Alexander's character, the crazy genius that everybody hates...that's Huge ;-)

Huge is right though. It won't be us making the decision. And it won't be Huge. It'll be someone who understands the football-business-media-public relationship.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Huge is right though. It won't be us making the decision. And it won't be Huge. It'll be someone who understands the football-business-media-public relationship.

You mean to say that Huge doesn't understand everything there is to understand about everything? Codswallop!

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Hmmm, I might be in trouble for referring to huge with a small `h', is that overly demeaning to one of such hugeness?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Huge. said:

And I call you a douche [icon_razz1

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
lynx000 said:
Hmmm, I might be in trouble for referring to huge with a small `h', is that overly demeaning to one of such hugeness?
How dare you not capitlise HUGE's name, he is a level above all us mere mortals, he is intelligent and has amazing ability according to all those around him who have tested him.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Maroon4life
  • eggstar10
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.