Aussie Tour Of Seth Effrika.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Coxy said:
Jury is still out on Hilfy though.

I think we should persist with Hilfenhaus. He'll be gun in England for the Ashes.

The conditions should be made for swing.

Yeah, not saying he should be ditched, just saying he's not proven. And who IS proven after 1 Test? :P

If any of the bowlers was to drop out for Lee or Clark, it'd be Hilfy at this point.

True that, but I'd like to see him in the side even if Clark or Lee came back. McDonald should be the one to go.

Johnson, Clark, Hilfenhaus and Siddle is the way to go I think. Our spinners aren't test quality at the moment and, unless the pitch is really suited to spin, there's no point playing one.

Agreed. Besides, North and Clarke are adequate part time spinners who can take wickets. Johnson bats well enough that you can have him play at 8.

McDonald is a wasted selection IMO.

Siddle provides that bit of mongrel the bowling attack needs. Who remembers the evil grin he gave at the last test in Australia after delivering a nasty bouncer

Great to see Hughes showing some confidence and going on the attack. 68 off 84 balls at the moment!!

Overall great start, keep it up fellas.

Hell yes! 0 - 119 at lunch is an awesome effort.

Souh Africa have bowled poorly in the first session, hope it continues!

Hughes gets to a hundred by hitting two sixes in a row awesome to watch.

He's definately not your textbook batsman but he has his own perosnal technique that works so well for him. Lets just hope it continues in this tour and in the future. Great to see the Saffa's on the backfoot and struggling!!

Hell of a start to a career0. Three innings: 0, a fifty and now a century.

briareos said:
Hell of a start to a career0. Three innings: 0, a fifty and now a century.

Reminds me a bit of Slater's start.

He's a fantastic striker of the ball. Good to see he's making his mark.

Pontings lack of any freakin brains or captaining ability strikes again..

Thank God for the openers!!!! Hussey, get a move on FFS!!

Give Hussey a break he hasn't contributed for the team in over 5 tests he is just happy to be not out..

Hayden didn't contribute for the team in the same number of tests and everyone called for his head! Why should Hussey be any different? When Hayden gets out for something between 10 and 20, it would be off around 25 balls. When Hussey is lucky enough to get to double figures, it comes off about 50 balls!!! I know the run rate isn't totally relevant in a Test Match but they'd much rather have the scoreboard ticking over.

I agree with you but in all honesty do you really think the selectors will drop Hussey. Also Hussey is 32 so the selectors are most likely thinking that when Hussey gets out of his slump he should be around for another 4 years. Hussey has always been a slow scorer and I think the position he was in last night needed him to occupy the crease. Obviously your upset about Haydos being pushed.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.